Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
SRDC FY20
Last Post 23 Jun 2020 06:18 PM by Duffy30. 56 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
GreentoBlue

--
06 Nov 2019 08:57 AM
Posted By Duane1990 on 05 Nov 2019 08:09 PM
Any other news? New to the forum I got accepted on the primary list as well. Congrats to all.

Congrats, think it has been fairly quiet since the selection news was out.  Last bit of news I heard was that it could be 2-3 months after selection before we hear anything new.
mrjc

--
07 Nov 2019 10:58 AM
Has anyone made a facebook group or an email chain for the srdc May2020 class?
Duane1990

--
08 Nov 2019 05:16 AM
https://discord.gg/3Pn8t5E

Here's a discord that we can communicate
ricodeelite

--
08 Nov 2019 09:40 PM
I joined.  No idea what to do there though, lol.
2019CGH

--
12 Dec 2019 12:12 PM
Has anyone heard any word on duty assignments or their backgrounds/clearance yet? With the 2020 ROCI dates confirmed, hopefully that ball will start rolling in January - February time frame.
GreentoBlue

--
13 Dec 2019 07:26 AM
Complete silence on assignment and background check. All I have heard is that I need an updated physical because my current one will lapse before the projected graduation date (very frustrating). But at least that shows there is movement going on.
Adrian1

--
13 Dec 2019 12:50 PM
And you need to the physical all over again?
GreentoBlue

--
13 Dec 2019 01:03 PM
Yeah. Long story short. My commissioning physical is valid for 2 years and was done prior to the deadline for the last SRDC board (missed submittal deadline). While still valid, it will literally expire the week before the class start date. So I have to go back to MEPS to have it done again.
GreentoBlue

--
13 Jan 2020 03:34 PM
Thought I would check in to see if anyone had heard any updates?
2019CGH

--
16 Jan 2020 12:04 PM
No updates heard on my end. Patiently waiting for that call.......
Duane1990

--
28 Jan 2020 01:39 PM
Slating list went out today anyone here from texas?
werichardsoniv

--
30 Jan 2020 06:59 AM
I received the SRDC AY20 Slate this week as well. Is anyone here from Massachusetts or New England?
KatieOC

--
09 Feb 2020 12:21 PM
Close by, I'm on Long Island.  Not a lot of RCD options for me...
KatieOC

--
09 Feb 2020 12:33 PM
Posted By ricodeelite on 08 Nov 2019 10:40 PM
I joined.  No idea what to do there though, lol.

same here
KatieOC

--
09 Feb 2020 12:37 PM
Posted By ricodeelite on 15 Jul 2019 01:47 PM
Does anybody know what changed in the program that added the additional 2 weeks? I'm assuming the environment is still the same, boot-camp "ish", but just wondering what was changed with the class itself. That extra 2 weeks is a killer with young kids and a full time job. Going to have to really think about it now.

This is the first I'm hearing about the change...I had been accepted last year but got deferred because I had a baby last March and they have a 6 month post-partum rule for boot camp. So I had already signed my LOI for the 3 week program. 

Definitely a little stressed about the extra 2 weeks with job/kids...

GreentoBlue

--
10 Feb 2020 06:21 AM
Posted By KatieOC on 09 Feb 2020 01:37 PM
Posted By ricodeelite on 15 Jul 2019 01:47 PM
Does anybody know what changed in the program that added the additional 2 weeks? I'm assuming the environment is still the same, boot-camp "ish", but just wondering what was changed with the class itself. That extra 2 weeks is a killer with young kids and a full time job. Going to have to really think about it now.

This is the first I'm hearing about the change...I had been accepted last year but got deferred because I had a baby last March and they have a 6 month post-partum rule for boot camp. So I had already signed my LOI for the 3 week program. 

Definitely a little stressed about the extra 2 weeks with job/kids...

Sent you a DM.
werichardsoniv

--
20 Feb 2020 06:12 AM
In case some of you are unaware, a private Facebook page has been created for our class. If you are interested in joining the group, make sure to search SRDC 02-20 on Facebook and request to be added.
benaia11

--
12 Mar 2020 06:46 AM
Searched for the "SRDC 02-20" on Facebook and couldn't find it. Does this page exist?
benaia11

--
12 Mar 2020 06:49 AM
Duane1990
Slating list went out today anyone here from texas?

Duane1990, I am from Corpus Christi. As you probably know, there were no Texas billets to select from. I since found out I will be stationed at SECTOR Miami Beach Enforcement.
GreentoBlue

--
13 Mar 2020 12:12 PM
The Facebook group is private so you may have to be invited by one of the current members.  There are a few guys from Texas in the group who have had to accept assignments in other states (some a bit far away)
Cgb2005

--
15 Mar 2020 12:12 PM
How can I get added to this group ?
GreentoBlue

--
15 Mar 2020 12:35 PM
If you want to PM me your name so I can find you on FB, or anybody in the group already, I will get you added.
Junga

--
15 Mar 2020 02:39 PM
Outsider here applying for this years SRDC. Can you give a quick explanation of how long it took to find out where you are going and if you know what your billet will be in yet? My recruiter said that you find out where you are going before going to ROCI and commissioning and you can deny anything outside a reasonable commuting distance. Wouldn't make sense to do if your only options were outside RCD though. Anyways, just wondering how long after finding out you were accepted that you had a detailer reach out to you to lock down a location? I'm in a heavy CG area in Virginia. Thanks!
GreentoBlue

--
09 Apr 2020 09:47 AM
Check your emails. Updated class info.
D2G

--
14 Jun 2020 06:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I have not talked to a recruiter yet (in the process). However, I am curious if anyone knows or has heard of time in service waivers / exceptions to policy? I know they have waivers for age and am hoping there might be some for service time. Especially since its for retirement purposes and I am using my time for Federal Civilian retirement and not military side.
Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
14 Jun 2020 08:28 PM
Posted By D2G on 14 Jun 2020 07:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I have not talked to a recruiter yet (in the process). However, I am curious if anyone knows or has heard of time in service waivers / exceptions to policy? I know they have waivers for age and am hoping there might be some for service time. Especially since its for retirement purposes and I am using my time for Federal Civilian retirement and not military side.

The other thing you need to check on is the requirement for prior military service.  This has been a requirement for as long as I can recall.  However, I've also heard that was not mandatory for this application year.  Might want to make sure
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
Duffy30

--
23 Jun 2020 06:18 PM
Hello everyone, I just started the process today for SRDC for the next panel date. When I was speaking with my recruiter earlier today, he did confirm that prior military service is not a requirement for the SRDC program now.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement