Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 19 DCA Board
Last Post 21 Jan 2020 07:20 PM by Spencer.T. 108 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
60pilot

--
23 Oct 2019 05:04 PM
If it wasn’t delivered and everyone else turned theirs in, I would imagine she would contact you just to remind you of the deadline or something and making sure nothing got misplaced. At the end of the day it can’t hurt to send her an email asking. Being deployed makes everything more difficult. Just explain the situation politely and no harm done.
64driver

--
24 Oct 2019 12:07 AM
I'm hoping Friday too. I'm supposed to start terminal leave at the end of next week. can't clear transportation until I know where I am going, lol.
60pilot

--
24 Oct 2019 05:54 AM
I start clearing post Monday. I have movers scheduled to put my stuff into government storage. Once we get assignment locations and orders I have to contact transportation to get movers to pick it up at the storage location and finish moving it. I’m also transferring 30 days of leave to the CG. But finance can’t process that without coast guard orders. Definitely some unique challenges for swapping over.
kirkaland

--
24 Oct 2019 10:52 AM
Posted By 60pilot on 24 Oct 2019 06:54 AM
I start clearing post Monday. I have movers scheduled to put my stuff into government storage. Once we get assignment locations and orders I have to contact transportation to get movers to pick it up at the storage location and finish moving it. I’m also transferring 30 days of leave to the CG. But finance can’t process that without coast guard orders. Definitely some unique challenges for swapping over.

You won't actually get CG orders until after you commission in the  CG as they can't make orders until you have an ID number which they can't give you until you commission They definitely can transfer the leave they just don't do it very often so they might need to ask around if you want them to actually do it.
60pilot

--
25 Oct 2019 08:28 AM
Looks like we will get our assignments early next week. AO just emailed this morning.
64driver

--
25 Oct 2019 02:29 PM
Yah and with OCONUS assignments not available anymore that hopefully means that there is more than one opening per assignment and we all get what we want.
s_86_d

--
25 Oct 2019 09:49 PM
60pilot I don't think so on this. I was an alternate and my initial "congrats" letter was to the #3 alternate (meaning everyone got picked up) If that was the case, there were 16 DCA folks assessed and only 12 billets sent out. So now there are only 10 billets available. 1 for 1 maybe but we shall see...
47_Guy

--
29 Oct 2019 12:11 PM
Anyone got the call for their assignment yet?
60pilot

--
29 Oct 2019 01:25 PM
Nope. Maybe tomorrow? 🤷‍♂️
47_Guy

--
29 Oct 2019 01:39 PM
Well, there’s our answer. Tomorrow is the day apparently.
64driver

--
30 Oct 2019 12:06 PM
Anyone else headed to savannah?
60pilot

--
30 Oct 2019 06:14 PM
Corpus Christi for me.
47_Guy

--
30 Oct 2019 06:43 PM
I’m headed to Traverse City. 64driver, Enjoy Savannah brother. That’s my hometown. Fun place to live. Let me know if you would like a good real estate agent in town there.
s_86_d

--
31 Oct 2019 02:59 AM
I am heading to Savannah. Congrats to everyone.
64_Guy

--
31 Oct 2019 06:57 AM
47_Guy, I got Traverse City as well.  Ill see you up there.
47_Guy

--
31 Oct 2019 11:30 AM
64_guy, Awesome! Glad to hear that man. Look forward to seeing you. s_86_d, let me know if you need a realtor in the area. You will enjoy the town!
Spencer.T

--
05 Nov 2019 01:06 PM
Got an extension at flight school until Summer '21 (2 of the 3 here got extended). Who's all going to the Jan DCO Course?
s_86_d

--
07 Nov 2019 05:31 PM
Spencer.T how did that work for you instructor folks? What is waiting for you in 2021? (FRS in mobile, direct to squadron, delayed DCO course)
Spencer.T

--
21 Jan 2020 07:20 PM
Well, I haven't been on here since November apparently.

It all depends on a few things.  Buddy of mine here whom commissioned the same time as all of us had orders to move immediately to North Bend.  He worked it with his gaining station and OPM to keep him here, got a T-Course date of early January and won't move until after he's done with the T-Course.  I'm going to attempt to do the same as soon as I find out in Spring of '21.  I will be putting in my wish list just like everyone else moving in the summer of '21, so no clue of where we'll end up in the "real" Coast Guard.

I gotta go finish packing for the DCO course...
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement