Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April DCE Panel
Last Post 06 Nov 2019 12:27 AM by SeanMM. 136 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
oneway8788

--
07 Sep 2019 08:04 AM
Posted By AirDale13 on 06 Sep 2019 11:16 AM
Received email from OPM-1 with commissioning date and saying that detailer should be contacting me within a few weeks.

You were a primary candidate correct?
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
08 Sep 2019 11:54 AM
I was the first alternate.
oneway8788

--
10 Sep 2019 11:19 PM
Has anyone heard from the AO yet?
Jarrett_r747

--
15 Sep 2019 03:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the next DCO panel meet on 16SEP19? I don't have the CGRC message in front of me. Thanks!

Also, I'm assuming there aren't any updates from us DCE alternates?
SeanMM

--
19 Sep 2019 11:16 PM
The silence on this forum is killing me.

You are correct. The panel start date is 16 SEP 19. The interesting thing is it lists two commissioning months and two DCO school dates; Commission: Apr/Jul 20 DCO School: May/Aug 20. So, I guess they plan on two DCO schools going on, back to back. I assume they will need to accept double the applicants in order to fill the DCO schools. I am alternate #5 (the last one) and I am also curious if any other altnerates recieved any updates with the April panel. I beleive the current list remains active until they sign off on the Sep 19 panel list. I find it odd that not many alternates have recieved corispondence, that window is closing. About a month ago my recruiter needed more medical information from me for the April panel and that was odd two. Hopefully someone gets an email soon.
Jarrett_r747

--
20 Sep 2019 07:01 PM
I haven't had any correspondence. I spoke with my recruiter and there weren't any updates. I accepted the OCS for January. I also asked about the upcoming DCO results, and if I were to be a primary candidate could I switch. He said we'll go down that road when the results come out. We'll see though. Still, best of luck to all alternates and in this September panel.
mtb40

--
21 Sep 2019 06:17 PM
Jarrett_r747, may ask what DCE program you applied for? Depending on program, OSC my give you more options for dual career path and competitiveness for promotion boards... especially for O4 and higher.
oneway8788

--
23 Sep 2019 01:15 PM
Received an email from the AO today with billets. She also gave an 01OCT19 deadline for submission (at the latest). Finally some movement, I reckon things are going to ratchet up a bit from this point on.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
23 Sep 2019 05:34 PM
Got the same email. 16 billets. Dang this is gonna be tough. Jarret go OCS. lol
SeanMM

--
23 Sep 2019 07:45 PM
Are you able to post the choices?
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
23 Sep 2019 10:56 PM
I don’t really know so ill refrain from posting the actual excel file. I have a feeling the billets we are asked to choose from may be unique to the person or background. But most of the billets are in Virginia as I expected due to my background. By specialty it was 2 cyber, 9 C4IT/C5I, 2 civil engineer, 2 naval engineer and 1 acquisition. My degree is in cyber so I’m not too thrilled about the list but it isn’t horrible and there are a few jobs I’d love to have. The actual jobs are project lead/manager type of positions from what I gather. I would be really happy with any of my first 4 choices because I feel I’m well suited for them.
SeanMM

--
23 Sep 2019 11:57 PM
I was just accepted to CG Cyber and will be there next summer. My degree is in IT/ programming, I would be all over the cyber and C5I. Congrates, hope you get what you want.
oneway8788

--
24 Sep 2019 05:52 AM
Posted By AirDale13 on 23 Sep 2019 10:56 PM
I don’t really know so ill refrain from posting the actual excel file. I have a feeling the billets we are asked to choose from may be unique to the person or background. But most of the billets are in Virginia as I expected due to my background. By specialty it was 2 cyber, 9 C4IT/C5I, 2 civil engineer, 2 naval engineer and 1 acquisition. My degree is in cyber so I’m not too thrilled about the list but it isn’t horrible and there are a few jobs I’d love to have. The actual jobs are project lead/manager type of positions from what I gather. I would be really happy with any of my first 4 choices because I feel I’m well suited for them.

Sounds like we received the same picks, did you already submit yours?
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
24 Sep 2019 09:09 AM
Nope. I have an idea what I want but wanna order all the others smartly. I’m going to try to contact the units to see what I may be doing. What’s your degree in? Or what do you want?
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
24 Sep 2019 09:13 AM
Sweet. That’s what I did too. Currently at JCAC but with commissioning and DCO not sure if I’ll be able to finish. I’ll be finding out shortly.
mtb40

--
24 Sep 2019 10:31 AM
If you have questions on C5I/Cyber billets, feel free to reachout to me on skype (CDR D. Cruz)... I can you give you me 2 cents on possible pros/cons. As a DCE, I have been lucky to navigate the C5I career track as a straight C5I officer.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
24 Sep 2019 10:57 AM
Posted By mtb40 on 24 Sep 2019 10:31 AM
If you have questions on C5I/Cyber billets, feel free to reachout to me on skype (CDR Cruz)... I can you give you me 2 cents on possible pros/cons. As a DCE, I have been lucky to navigate the C5I career track as a straight C5I officer.
Will do. TY!

oneway8788

--
27 Sep 2019 04:35 PM
Posted By AirDale13 on 24 Sep 2019 09:09 AM
Nope. I have an idea what I want but wanna order all the others smartly. I’m going to try to contact the units to see what I may be doing. What’s your degree in? Or what do you want?

Yep, I submitted mine pretty quickly. My degree is in Information Technology but i'm not letting that limit my selection order. I would be okay with any of the billets minus the west coast, I am hoping my number 1 is unpopular though ha ha.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
27 Sep 2019 05:25 PM
Posted By oneway8788 on 27 Sep 2019 04:35 PM
Posted By AirDale13 on 24 Sep 2019 09:09 AM

Yep, I submitted mine pretty quickly. My degree is in Information Technology but i'm not letting that limit my selection order. I would be okay with any of the billets minus the west coast, I am hoping my number 1 is unpopular though ha ha.

Mine was in cyber security. I sent my picks in a few days ago.
Murf0708088981

--
02 Oct 2019 10:47 AM
I am curious as to the average age of the applicants here and what previous experience that you all bring to the table? I am considering applying but not sure my relevance. Any mechanical engineers in here? Thanks in advance.
oneway8788

--
04 Oct 2019 03:41 PM
Haven't been in the office this week, still no orders?
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
05 Oct 2019 12:09 PM
Posted By oneway8788 on 04 Oct 2019 03:41 PM
Haven't been in the office this week, still no orders?

No orders yet. Where were you trying to go?
oneway8788

--
05 Oct 2019 04:38 PM
I put Baltimore first, then the Cyber jobs. Lumped the rest together after that, Florida and CA last. How about you?
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
05 Oct 2019 11:11 PM
I think I put Baltimore last. CA first then the cyber jobs and then VA jobs.
oneway8788

--
07 Oct 2019 06:00 PM
Posted By AirDale13 on 05 Oct 2019 11:11 PM
I think I put Baltimore last. CA first then the cyber jobs and then VA jobs.

Ha Ha, Yea I feel like most people will have Baltimore towards the end of their list. Where are you stationed currently? The CA Job sounded fun but I cant do it geographically.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
07 Oct 2019 09:12 PM
Im currently in Florida but from California. It would work out good for me if I get it.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
21 Oct 2019 09:46 PM
Has anyone received orders?
oneway8788

--
22 Oct 2019 08:19 PM
Nothing at all.
oneway8788

--
24 Oct 2019 10:41 AM
I'm hearing first week of November...
oneway8788

--
29 Oct 2019 03:10 AM
AO sent out an update message yesterday (28OCT19) which I'll quote below:

Begin Quote

Greetings from OPM-2!

We hope this portal note finds you well! AY20 is now in full swing, and we are actively working on assignments. Our current focus is on the O-5 slate and mid-year (direct commission officer and 18-month post graduate school) assignments. We anticipate finalizing mid-year assignments within the next 2 weeks.

End Quote

Fingers crossed for Friday.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement