Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April DCE Panel
Last Post 06 Nov 2019 12:27 AM by SeanMM. 136 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 5 << < 12345
Author Messages
bharatuict

--
29 Oct 2019 08:18 AM
Hello, may anyone please provide details of the PT test conducted during DCO school.
kirkaland

--
29 Oct 2019 08:34 AM
Posted By bharatuict on 29 Oct 2019 08:18 AM
Hello, may anyone please provide details of the PT test conducted during DCO school.

1. 2 minutes of cadence push ups. Look on YouTube for coast guard OCS cadence push ups as that's what they used for my class to do the test.

2. 2 minutes of max sit ups. Hands on your shoulders arms crossed elbows touching your knees each time on the way up. 

3. 1.5 miles on an indoor track works out to 13.5 laps. 

For my class earlier this year all events were partner graded with cadre walking around observing. 
oneway8788

--
29 Oct 2019 11:12 AM
Posted By kirkaland on 29 Oct 2019 08:34 AM
Posted By bharatuict on 29 Oct 2019 08:18 AM

1. 2 minutes of cadence push ups. Look on YouTube for coast guard OCS cadence push ups as that's what they used for my class to do the test.

2. 2 minutes of max sit ups. Hands on your shoulders arms crossed elbows touching your knees each time on the way up. 

3. 1.5 miles on an indoor track works out to 13.5 laps. 

For my class earlier this year all events were partner graded with cadre walking around observing. 

No swim?
bharatuict

--
29 Oct 2019 12:11 PM
Thanks. Is the following correct?

30 cadence push ups - 60 points
60 sit ups - 60 points
1.5 miles in 10 min 59 sec is 60 points

A cumulative of 180 points to pass?
kirkaland

--
31 Oct 2019 09:55 AM
Posted By bharatuict on 29 Oct 2019 12:11 PM

60 sit ups - 60 points

Not sure on the points sounds about right. You are correct that you need 180 points total to pass. Unlike (at least) the Army there is no minimum in each event. So you could smoke the push-ups and sit ups and walk the run and still pass. Not that I necessarily think that's a wise strategy, as even if you pass I doubt the cadre would be thoroughly impressed, but it is an option.
hollow23

--
31 Oct 2019 01:38 PM
Posted By kirkaland on 31 Oct 2019 09:55 AM
Posted By bharatuict on 29 Oct 2019 12:11 PM

60 sit ups - 60 points

Not sure on the points sounds about right. You are correct that you need 180 points total to pass. Unlike (at least) the Army there is no minimum in each event. So you could smoke the push-ups and sit ups and walk the run and still pass. Not that I necessarily think that's a wise strategy, as even if you pass I doubt the cadre would be thoroughly impressed, but it is an option.
well thats good to know.. I thought that 1059 was the MAX. like everyone must be under 1059.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
31 Oct 2019 02:40 PM
Detailer is making calls. Just got a call with where I’m penciled in at.
s_86_d

--
01 Nov 2019 03:50 AM
Are there age brackets for the PT Test? That 1059 sounds like the 18-2X age bracket....
kirkaland

--
01 Nov 2019 04:49 AM
Posted By s_86_d on 01 Nov 2019 03:50 AM
Are there age brackets for the PT Test? That 1059 sounds like the 18-2X age bracket....

No everyone gets graded on the same scale.
hollow23

--
01 Nov 2019 10:37 AM
Posted By s_86_d on 01 Nov 2019 03:50 AM

rightt!! lol that 1059 is my BMT time lol
oneway8788

--
04 Nov 2019 02:42 PM
Posted By AirDale13 on 31 Oct 2019 02:40 PM

What did you get? I'm enroute to Headquarters.
SeanMM

--
04 Nov 2019 06:38 PM
I have been accepted in the Sep panel. I'm just curious but what units where you all given to choose from? As for the PT test my best advice would to start as soon as possible to work on endurance and speed. I believe if you don't make the 1059 time its not the end of the world since you can make it up in situps. The pushups you are maxed out at 60 since they are on cadence. Myself and my mentor are going through this training guide, https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html so far it has improved my 1.5 mile run, increased my situps and improved my quality of pushups. I highly recommend it. Best of luck to everyone!
hollow23

--
05 Nov 2019 11:36 AM
Posted By SeanMM on 04 Nov 2019 06:38 PM
I have been accepted in the Sep panel. I'm just curious but what units where you all given to choose from? As for the PT test my best advice would to start as soon as possible to work on endurance and speed. I believe if you don't make the 1059 time its not the end of the world since you can make it up in situps. The pushups you are maxed out at 60 since they are on cadence. Myself and my mentor are going through this training guide, https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html so far it has improved my 1.5 mile run, increased my situps and improved my quality of pushups. I highly recommend it. Best of luck to everyone!

I was told that there is a swim portion as well.  I believe 500m swim.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
05 Nov 2019 01:13 PM
Posted By hollow23 on 05 Nov 2019 11:36 AM

Check my previous post on page 6. Too lazy to write again.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
05 Nov 2019 01:15 PM
Posted By oneway8788 on 04 Nov 2019 02:42 PM
Posted By AirDale13 on 31 Oct 2019 02:40 PM

What did you get? I'm enroute to Headquarters.

I got CPT in Alexandria.
hollow23

--
05 Nov 2019 01:41 PM
Posted By AirDale13 on 05 Nov 2019 01:13 PM
Posted By hollow23 on 05 Nov 2019 11:36 AM

Check my previous post on page 6. Too lazy to write again.
Dale i dont see anything about swimming on page 6.  So im assuming there is no swim portion anymoer at DCO.  My friends that went a few yrs back said they had to swim, but this was about 5 yrs ago. 

SeanMM

--
06 Nov 2019 12:27 AM
I think he was replying to me about what the picks where. I did see that post before my question. I was curious where those choices were, geographically. I have a good idea of where the C4IT, C3CEN, and Cyber locations but I'm not sure where most of the other choices are. It seems like they are all interesting jobs... except the acquisitions one lol.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 5 << < 12345

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement