Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
how to search for orders
Last Post 06 Aug 2019 10:09 AM by IronHorse0311. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kungfumonk007

--
13 Apr 2019 07:01 AM
    I was told there was a place where reservists can see all the orders loike ados and title 10 orders to apply for. Things like summer stock. They kept on saying they would show us how to look those up at depot but then they never did. Can I get the website or how to find it. I have a cac card reader at home if that is needed.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    13 Apr 2019 12:06 PM
    Log into Direct Access ( you do not need your CAC for this). You can find this on the CGR webpage (reserve.uscg.mil). Go to Reserve Resources, then Links.  Find the "Employee" block, click on the "Tasks" link, then find the "Mobilization Resume" link and click on that. This will take you to a page which will allow you to apply for ADOS or T10 orders. Remember you need to be "green" in all readiness requirements before orders will be issued. That means current PHA, current Dental, immunizations up to date, and a current ASQ.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    IronHorse0311

--
    04 Aug 2019 10:17 PM
    I do not have an account; is the Direct Access website easy to comprehend and pretty straight-forward to navigate? I am thinking about joining the Coast Guard Reserve as a Boatswain's Mate and would like to apply for ADOS or T10 orders at least once a year after I'm green in all the requirements. Do Port Security Units frown upon their members looking to peel off to help other units or do they encourage it as a way to gain experience and credentials towards mobilization readiness?
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    05 Aug 2019 07:36 AM
    IronHorse, Direct access will be explained to you once you are in the Coast Guard.
    As for going to different units, You will stay with your unit. There will be plenty to do and learn at your unit. You get assigned to a unit that has a spot for you as a reserve and that's where you go. You will have more than enough work to do and more than enough to learn at the unit you are assigned.
    IronHorse0311

--
    05 Aug 2019 08:59 PM
    Just hoping Direct Access is user-friendly and not a total mess to find orders. As for staying with my assigned Port Security Unit, I was wondering whether they let members volunteer for the Summer Stock surge at the Great Lakes or deploy with another PSU in case one of their members can't go due to a family emergency or something.
    CCCSD

--
    05 Aug 2019 09:03 PM
    Once you complete ALL your quals at the PSU, you can discuss with your Command about volunteering for T10 with other units. Your primary responsibility is the PSU. They can and will say no, because they have to find a replacement for your billet if you aren’t there.
    IronHorse0311

--
    05 Aug 2019 09:58 PM
    What about volunteering for Summer Stock? I would rather work on my credentials and help out on the Great Lakes than spend my summer doing active duty training from the drill center if that's what's scheduled.
    CCCSD

--
    06 Aug 2019 08:44 AM
    You don’t seem to understand the purpose of drills and readiness in the PSU, or any unit.
    IronHorse0311

--
    06 Aug 2019 10:09 AM
    I was a Marine reservist twice-activated for Iraq. I understand the purpose of drills and readiness for traditionally-structured reserve units like the PSUs. The point of drill is to train as a team and make sure all your qualifications are ready for involuntary call-ups or pre-scheduled exercises. My biggest regret about my time in the Corps (and part of why I'm looking to enlist in the Coast Guard) is because I was busy with college at the time and did not take advantage of any voluntary opportunities to deploy with the Fleet on the open sea. A couple Marines in my unit were granted permission to serve on an exercise in South America, for instance, presumably because the professional development they gained from that would be more beneficial than attending the standard (and ultimately boring) two-week ADT we had planned from the drill center. As for not understanding the rest of the Coast Guard Reserve, correct me if I am wrong, but the purpose there is to augment active duty personnel by reporting in once a month or lumping together your drills; and if I wanted to support some station outside a reasonable driving distance that the travel expenses would be on my own dime.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement