Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
First duty station move after boot camp.
Last Post 30 Apr 2019 12:06 PM by Kmkuhn52. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Kmkuhn52

--
30 Apr 2019 05:34 AM
    Hello! So my husband leaves for basic next month and we signed papers to have a guarantee duty station of Alaska for our first assignment. We currently live in Pennsylvania and we wanted to have the military move us. Any fellow military spouses know if they will come while my husband is still in boot camp to pack up the house, or if they will give him a certain amount of days after he is out to hang out at home until they can come pack the house, or if he will have to use some of leave his personal leave to stay in PA and wait for the movers to come pack the house before we can go to Alaska.  

Thanks for any input! His recruiter has never sent someone who is married to boot camp so he's sort of learning as he's going too. 
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    30 Apr 2019 06:36 AM
    Your husband will get to pick the pack date while he is in boot camp. Most likely that date will be while he is still in boot camp since he will only have five days of leave when he graduates. He can pick someone, most likely you, to be an authorized person to be there when they pack your belongings.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Apr 2019 07:40 AM
    I have never heard of a guaranteed duty station other than an A School assignment out of boot camp. You actually have that in writing that you are going to Alaska, regardless of needs of the service?

I'm editing this to say - I have not, in recent years, heard of guaranteed districts.  My son had a guaranteed D1 when he enlisted but that was over 10 years ago.  That is virtually non-existent in today's CG.  Also, going OCONUS, typically they don't allow married couples straight out of boot camp to go OCONUS.  Again, I say this is all TYPICALLY the way it works.  There is always occasion for an A TYPICAL situation.  I wish you the best of luck.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Apr 2019 09:10 AM
    I have to ask... if you don't get Alaska and end up on the gulf shores of Alabama instead, is that going to be a deal breaker for you? I just have GREAT DOUBTS on the validity of this "guarantee".
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Kmkuhn52

--
    30 Apr 2019 10:55 AM
    The recruiter had us fill out a paper where we could pick which region of the US we wanted. The only regions that he told us were off limits were the ones including California, Florida, and Hawaii. So we wrote that we wanted section17 (Alaska) and the recruiter said if that papers filled out and turned in before boot camp there's a 95% chance that's definitely where we will be going. I have a brother in the Navy who has had duty stations changed on him multiple times so I understand this one could change too so I'd be disappointed but it wouldn't be the end of the world, we'd just try to get it some other time. I would hope the recruiter wouldn't be completely lying about having us fill out a form titled "guaranteed duty station"
    Kmkuhn52

--
    30 Apr 2019 10:57 AM
    Thank you so much! That's good to know. I was really hoping they would come pack while he is still in boot camp.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Apr 2019 12:00 PM
    Guaranteed duty station and guaranteed district (not section) are 2 different things. I can pretty much rest easy knowing there are no guaranteed duty stations. They may have reinstated guaranteed district for some areas. Do we have any current recruiters on the forum that can chime in on this topic?

My husband was a nonrate and went to Alaska out of boot camp. We married about 2 months after he got there. It still took 10 months for me to get there behind him. We were there, in total, for 10 years. There are interviews and physicals and requirements and a whole host of things to be considered prior to allowing a spouse OCONUS orders.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Kmkuhn52

--
    30 Apr 2019 12:06 PM
    Oh, yes! Sorry, I got my words mixed up. He said we would get district 17 but we wouldn't know an exact station until about week 6 of boot camp. I had no idea about all the wife had to go through to get out of the lower 48. I will definitely ask his recruiter, if no recruiter replies here within the next couple days.  Thank you for the info!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement