Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 19 Aug 2019 03:05 PM by PortNotStarboard. 74 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
whoami

--
05 May 2019 11:50 AM
    Greetings!

The purpose of this thread is to gather those waiting for the April 2019 DCO Board results.  It's also a location for candidates to provide updates or RUMINT (intelligence based on rumors) pertaining to the board results release date. I'm currently tracking "unofficial" results released to recruiters at the earliest late-May and more likely mid-June.

As you find out your results, let us know so we can follow up with our recruiters.

Best of luck to all!

BRG23

--
    09 May 2019 06:22 AM
    Finally, I was trying to track board results through the DCA thread.
    First time applying. PTMO program. Best of luck.
    -BRG
    Semper_Smurf

--
    09 May 2019 12:33 PM
    Tracking.

Anyone have access to the precept page on Portal? I'd be curious how many primaries they're taking per program.
    kittyhawk20

--
    09 May 2019 01:39 PM
    Third Time MARGRAD and 1st time DCSS. Thanks for making the thread. Best of luck.
    whoami

--
    14 May 2019 10:45 AM
    Some information directly from the Officer Application Job Aid Kit (O-JAK) that some candidates may have missed:

F. Detail: From Selection to Commissioning
    1. For Direct Commission Programs (including DCA, DCE, DCIO, DCL, DCPA (active duty), DCSS, MARGRAD & PTMO).
    a. Approx 1 Month After Panel: CGRC will provide unofficial selection results to recruiters; recruiters will inform applicants of their status.
    b. Approx 1-2 Months after Panel: CGRC will send official selection notification letters directly to selectees.

Of note, the O-JAK did say "Approx" indicating a plus or minus in either direction. Based on threads dedicated to previous DCO boards, timelines vary into that plus or minus zone often.

Semper_Smurf

--
    14 May 2019 11:12 AM
    Posted By whoami on 14 May 2019 11:45 AM
    Some information directly from the Officer Application Job Aid Kit (O-JAK) that some candidates may have missed:

F. Detail: From Selection to Commissioning
    1. For Direct Commission Programs (including DCA, DCE, DCIO, DCL, DCPA (active duty), DCSS, MARGRAD & PTMO).
    a. Approx 1 Month After Panel: CGRC will provide unofficial selection results to recruiters; recruiters will inform applicants of their status.
    b. Approx 1-2 Months after Panel: CGRC will send official selection notification letters directly to selectees.

Of note, the O-JAK did say "Approx" indicating a plus or minus in either direction. Based on threads dedicated to previous DCO boards, timelines vary into that plus or minus zone often.

From my understanding it takes a little longer for direct commission programs. Talking to a few people that went through my DCO program it sounds like 1.5-2 months is the realistic window...and if you read through the April 2018 DCO thread below this one they were strung along for 3 months. It's kind of a funny read if you want to poke through it!
    ClarkKent

--
    17 May 2019 06:20 AM
    Hello, good luck to all that applied. If you have seen the Sep DCO thread the timeline for those folks selected did not follow the OJAK or the information on the released messages. By no means am I saying anyone from the April panel will have our experience, just be prepared for radio silence and a possible last minute scramble. Patience, beer, and flexibility will be your friend.

June 15th-ish - packages were due
    Sept (1st week) - the board met
    Oct (ealry/mid) - unofficial selections were sent to RO's
    Oct (late) - official selection letters received via mail
    Nov 1ish - official message
    Jan 31st - recieve commission and DCO school date
    April 24th - recieve assignments
    April 29th - commission
    BRG23

--
    20 May 2019 08:00 AM
    So what you're saying is that we're guaranteed results by next week...
    thecoastismine

--
    22 May 2019 02:48 PM
    Great post.  I'd just like to add some additional insight.  I am headed to DCO next week.  Everything in this timeline is true mostly. 

Because I was an alternate, I got the call about being bumped up during the 2nd week in March.  I just got cut orders last week (13 May).  I was the last one to get orders out of my class.  I did commission on 29 April but I just continued going to work on base as usual while waiting to get official orders.

As ClarkKent says: Patience is your best friend.
    SeanMM

--
    23 May 2019 11:21 AM
    Hi everyone!

Applied to DCE, currently stationed at Sector Guam.

From what I have noticed from previous panels and tracking CG message traffic our "list" should be posted next on the ALLCGRECRUITING message board. They usually post it after the officer program panel dates and they just released PY20 panel dates on May 20th. I don't know exactly when but it should be the next message on that board. I am sure that our recruiters will notify us once they receive word. Best of luck to everyone during this long waiting period.
    47_Guy

--
    30 May 2019 12:30 PM
    Maybe we will get lucky and find out tomorrow? That would make Friday a great day!
    BRG23

--
    31 May 2019 06:09 AM
    Last year's April DCO boards did not get unofficial word until after the 4th of July weekend, but their commandants were swapping and the selection board did not meet until 23 April. It really should be any minute now.
    Semper_Smurf

--
    31 May 2019 09:24 AM
    My life in a nutshell:

Everyone I know, used to know, or even look at - "Have you heard any news about your officer application?"

Me - "No. Thank you for reminding me."
    47_Guy

--
    31 May 2019 11:30 AM
    Hahaha. Fact. I’m in the same boat. Every day I get asked if I’ve heard anything. From all my coworkers and my wife. Now I just hope I get selected, otherwise it will be a huge let down for a lot of people who are excited for me to find out. 🤷‍♂️
    MegaOhm

--
    03 Jun 2019 08:41 AM
    Not sure if it helps, but I had a package in for the September panel. The primary candidates were notified unofficially by our recruiters in mid-October, but I don't think anyone else knew for sure until two weeks later when the message came out.
    whoami

--
    03 Jun 2019 10:14 AM
    Just got good news for selection (from the unofficial results)! I wish those of you reaching out to your recruiters good luck!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Jun 2019 11:28 AM
    Congratulations whoami!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kittyhawk20

--
    03 Jun 2019 05:26 PM
    Got the unofficial news today. MARGRAD Primary selection!!!!
    SeanMM

--
    04 Jun 2019 01:15 AM
    Got an email as well, #5 alternate DCE. 
    47_Guy

--
    04 Jun 2019 06:14 AM
    I got the text from my recruiter last night. Selected for DCA! Best of luck to the rest of y’all!
    oneway8788

--
    04 Jun 2019 07:57 AM
    Hello all, been lurking on here a few days now. Figured I'd make an account since I got the call from my recruiter. Selected Primary DCE!! Side Note: Does anyone know if the OJAK will ever be updated again?
    hollow23

--
    05 Jun 2019 01:59 PM
    Hello, 

I am putting together a package for the DCO board and I haven't been able to receive a direct answer regarding the panel dates.  Does anyone know if a panel is meeting at any point this year, or have they all met and I have to wait until 2020 to submit a package?!?

Thanks 
    kittyhawk20

--
    05 Jun 2019 02:11 PM
    I know that the following are coming up soon for panel start dates (approximations): July 27 - OCS September 19 - DCO Programs (DCA, DCE, DCSS, DCL, etc.) November 18 - MARGRAD only Please be aware that there are recruiting office deadlines for when all of the paperwork needs to be received (earlier then these dates), so I would start working with a recruiter.
    47_Guy

--
    05 Jun 2019 05:58 PM
    Has anyone gotten any approximate dates as to when we will commission? I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and trying to figure out the next dates so that I can change command here and get home to clear the Army.

Thanks!
    kittyhawk20

--
    05 Jun 2019 06:20 PM
    Here is what the announcement said. " December 28 is the day of commissioning for our panel. Dco school will be on January 29,2019." This is assuming the letters we receive in the next upcoming weeks will say the same.
    hollow23

--
    06 Jun 2019 07:44 AM
    Thank you.  I have been working with a recruiter.  I just read a doc that pretty much read that the boards were in FEB and APR so I was confused when I heard different information.  I have pretty much everything completed just need medical and interview.
    oneway8788

--
    07 Jun 2019 07:55 AM
    Official list is out boys & girls! Ten Primary and five alternates for DCE.
    SeanMM

--
    07 Jun 2019 08:45 AM
    R 07 JUN 19
    BT
    UNCLAS //N01131//
    ALCGRECRUITING 008/19
    SUBJ: DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICER (DCO) PROGRAM 15 APR 2019 SELECTION 
    RESULTS
    A. 14 MAY 18 / ALCGRECRUITING 004/18
    B. 17 JUL 18 / ALCGRECRUITING 007/18
    C. Coast Guard Recruiting Manual, COMDTINST M1100.2 (Series)
    D. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual, 
    COMDTINST M1020.8 (Series)
    E. Coast Guard Medical Manual, COMDTINST M6000.1 (Series)
    F. Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) Standard Operating Procedure 
    (SOP)
    1. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security has 
    approved the results of DCO Selection Panel 09-19, which convened 
    IAW Refs A and B on 15 April 2019. The panel recommended the 
    following individuals as primary and alternate candidates for Reserve 
    or Temporary Direct Commissions. 
    2. Primary selectees approved by Secretary, Department of Homeland 
    Security are listed in alphabetical order.
    3. Alternates are listed in the order appointments may be offered. 
    The 09-19 DCO Panel alternate list remains effective until the 
    Secretary approves the results of the next DCO Panel for the 
    alternate selectee’s respective program. Alternates are encouraged 
    to reapply to maximize their commissioning opportunities.
    4. Selectees (selectees are appointed Reserve Commissions unless
    designated for a Temporary (Temp) Commission):
     a. Direct Commission Aviator (DCA)
     (1) Primary:
    Name							Comm Rank
    Baucom, Jonathan N. 					LTJG
    Brennan, David R. 					LTJG
    Duplessis, Andrew M. 					LTJG
    Fink, Lester S. 					ENS
    Hesse, Christopher D. 					ENS
    Hutchinson, Samuel C. 					LTJG
    Law, Jack R. 						LTJG
    McKinley, Matthew J. 					LTJG
    Pride, John B. 						LTJG
    Riley, Matthew T. 					LTJG
    Skelly, Brandon G. 					LTJG
    Turns, Robert E. 					LTJG
    Ziebell, Andrew S. 					ENS
     (2) Alternate:
         Name						Comm Rank
      1. Kraker, Keith E. 					LTJG
      2. Sullivan, David M. 				LTJG
      3. Spencer, Timothy J. 				LTJG	
     b. Direct Commission Engineer (DCE)
     (1) Primary:
    Name					Unit			Comm Rank
    Babin, Lionel T. AET2 (Temp) 		AIRSTA Houston		ENS
    Baer, Joshua S. IT1 (Temp)   		CG COMMCOM		ENS
    Beck, Markus G.  SN 	 		CG Yard			ENS
    Carr, Paul S. EMC (Temp)  		DCMS-81			ENS
    Doris, Carrie A. EM2 (Temp)  		RUITOFF San Francisco	ENS
    Gainer, Samuel M. OS1 (Temp)  		Sector Ohio Valley	ENS
    Higgins, Jamie M. OS2 (Temp)  		CG COMMCOM		ENS
    Prempeh, David K.   						LTJG 
    Vander Molen, Ryan B. SN 		Station Fairport	ENS
    Wagh, Bharat S.   						ENS 
     (2) Alternate:
         Name			 	Unit			Comm Rank
      1. Coreano, John AET2 (Temp)  	Sector San Diego	ENS
      2. Vega Mercado, Jose L. AET3 	AIRSTA Corpus Christi	ENS
      3. Vailoces, Audi A.   					ENS 
      4. Stuckey, Jarrett R. YN3 		AIRSTA Port Angeles	ENS
      5. Monaghan, Sean M. OS2 (Temp) 	Sector Guam		ENS
     c. Direct Commission Intelligence Officer
     (1) Primary:
     Name					Unit		Comm Rank
    Hansen, Travis L.  					ENS
    Jordan, Jennifer E. IS1 (Temp)		TRACEN Yorktown	ENS
    Stewart, Rachel E. IS1 (Temp)		ICC Coastwatch	ENS
     (2) Alternate:
         Name				Unit			Comm Rank
      1. Schoeppner, Bryan R. IS1 (Temp)	AIRSTA Clearwater	ENS
      2. Manoogian, Corey J. IS1 (Temp) 	CGCU Texas		ENS
      3. Baffi, Jonathan C. IS1 (Temp)	COMDT (CG-257)		ENS
     d. Direct Commission Lawyer
     (1) Primary:
    Name							Comm Rank
    Echevarria, Raymond L.  				LT
    Gold, Megen M.  					LT
    Richardson, Charles E.  				LT
    Tiller, Larissa D.  					LT
     (2) Alternate
         Name						Comm Rank
      1. Beatty, David J. 					LT
      2. Chon, Tae W.  					LT
      3. Smith, Emmett L. 					LT
      4. Ulan, Elizabeth M.  				LT
     e. Direct Commission Physician Assistant (DCPA) 
     (1) Primary:
    Name							Comm Rank
    Dudley, Catherine R. 					LTJG
     (2) Alternate
         Name						Comm Rank
      1. Alleyne, Katherine B.				LTJG
     f. Direct Commission Selected School (DCSS)
     (1) Primary:
    Name							Comm Rank
    Heller, Samuel N.  					ENS
    Kettenbeil, Kaitlyn M. 			 		ENS
    Korengel, Kara I.  					ENS
    Muenter, Grant R.  					ENS
    Sobelman, Michael B.H.  				ENS
    Us, Christopher J.  					ENS
     (2) Alternate:
         Name				Unit		Comm Rank
      1. Harrison, John W.  				ENS
      2. Gomez, Noelle E.  					ENS
      3. James, Nathan M. SK2 (Temp) 	CGC MUNRO	ENS
      4. Sava, Griffin M.  					ENS
      5. Norton, Patrick F.  				ENS
      6. Hogge, Clayton N.  				ENS
      7. McClendon, Zada S.  				ENS
     g. Maritime Academy Graduate Direct Commission (MARGRAD)
    Primary:
    Name							Comm Rank
    Carroll, Clayton D. 					ENS
    Gomez, Noelle E.  					ENS
    Harrison, John W.  					ENS
    Heller, Samuel N.  					ENS
    Kettenbeil, Kaitlyn M.  				ENS
    Korengel, Kara I.  					ENS
    McClendon, Zada S.  					ENS
    Norton, Patrick F.  					ENS
    Sobelman, Michael B.H.  				ENS
    Usseglio, Thomas J.  					ENS
     h. Prior Trained Military Officer Direct Commission (PTMO)
     (1) Primary:
    Name							Comm Rank
    Culton, Scotti L. 					ENS
    Giorgi, Bryant R. 					ENS
    Guffey, Alex M. 					ENS
     (2) Alternate:
         Name						Comm Rank
      1. Graham, Nicholas D.  				ENS
      2. McGuirl, Stefanie C.  				ENS
      3. VanZanten, Zachary J.  				ENS		
    5. Selectees will receive letters notifying them of their selection 
    and any pending commissioning requirements. Final appointment is 
    contingent upon meeting all commissioning eligibility requirements 
    and remaining fully qualified IAW Refs A through F.
    6. This announcement is for planning purposes only and is not 
    authority to issue travel orders to attend DCO school.
    7. Recruiters shall ensure all primary and alternate selectees’ SF-
    86 information is current, then release the SF-86 in EQIP upon 
    receipt of this message to initiate a Tier 3 investigation. 
    8. The selection panel consisted of the following members:
    Name			Unit
    CAPT T. R. Fowles	COMDT (CG-LPD)	
    CDR J. G. Forgy		C3CEN
    LCDR B. C. Crawford	COMDT (CG-7112)
    LCDR B. M. Finn		COMDT (CG-225)
    LCDR E. A. Runco	COMDT (CG-437)
    LT A. M. Kwok		COMDT (CG-FAC-2)
    LT M. B. Power		LDC
    9. Applicants who were not selected or were selected as alternates 
    are required to reapply through their recruiting office if 
    interested in being considered for any future selection panel.
    10. The proceedings of a selection panel, including its deliberations 
    and criteria for selection, cannot be disclosed to any person who was 
    not a member of the panel. However, the panel precept is available on 
    the Panels and Reports (PARTS) CG Portal page, 
    https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/cgrc/AccessionsDiv/OAA/SitePages/Pan
    els%20and%20Reports.aspx.
    11. Questions regarding the results of the panel can be directed to 
    the Panels and Reports Manager, Mr. Blaine Nibley, at 
    CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
    12. Serving as a selection panel member is an excellent professional 
    development opportunity for officers. Officers interested in serving 
    as members of an officer selection panel should contact Mr. Blaine 
    Nibley via email at CGR-SMB-PARTS@uscg.mil.
    13. CAPT Thomas F. Walsh, Jr., Commanding Officer, CG RC, sends.
    14. Internet release authorized.
    BT
    NNNN
    BRG23

--
    09 Jun 2019 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the above message. My recruiter still hasn't called me.
    SeanMM

--
    10 Jun 2019 12:40 AM
    Where are you on the list?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement