Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 19 Aug 2019 03:05 PM by PortNotStarboard. 74 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
BRG23

--
10 Jun 2019 07:12 AM
Primary PTMO
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
10 Jun 2019 04:10 PM
I didn’t get a call or letter yet. I just saw the message. I’m an alternate so don’t know if that changes anything for notification purposes.
kittyhawk20

--
13 Jun 2019 10:44 AM
Has anybody received their selection letters?
SeanMM

--
13 Jun 2019 05:54 PM
I wonder when they start to identify what alternates they need to pull.
SeanMM

--
17 Jun 2019 07:04 PM
In case anyone has questions regarding upcoming timelines for DCO.

This is from the OJAK.

Approx 1 Month After Panel: CGRC will provide unofficial selection results to recruiters; recruiters will inform applicants of their status.

Approx 1-2 Months after Panel: CGRC will send official selection notification letters directly to selectees.
(1) Letters are sent to primary selectees, alternates, non-selectees, and disqualified applicants.
(2) Selectee will be asked to communicate their decision via Letter of Intent or email to CGRC.
(3) Selectees are typically given 30 days to respond as time permits.
(4) Selection letters emphasize that selection is conditional on the selectee’s ability to continue to meet all commissioning/accession requirements.
(5) Selection letters indicate commissioning date and which DCO class the selectee will be attending.

Approx 2-3 Months after Panel: Panel report approved by Secretary DHS, enabling the following actions to occur:
(1) CGRC provides list of primaries and alternates to CG-PSC-opm-1
(2) CGRC provides resumes to CG-PSC-opm-1.
(3) OPM-1 disseminates resumes to assignment officers (AOs)

Approx 3-5 Months after Panel:
(1) AOs reach out to primary selectees to communicate regarding initial assignment. Depending on needs of the service, the selectee could be provided with one or several choices.
(2) Following adjudication of assignment, the AO will enter non-executable orders in the Coast Guard Human Resources System.
oneway8788

--
18 Jun 2019 05:28 PM
Do active duty members still receive selection letters?
SeanMM

--
19 Jun 2019 08:56 AM
The way I am interpreting the OJAK is that ALL primary and alternate selects receive letters. I have not received any correspondence.
kittyhawk20

--
19 Jun 2019 05:51 PM
Same here! I know its time sensitive to receive the letters and respond to CGRC within 30 days.
SeanMM

--
24 Jun 2019 04:47 AM
Anyone receive letters yet?
60pilot

--
24 Jun 2019 05:13 AM
I have not. Hopefully soon so I can submit my resignation paperwork to the Army.
kittyhawk20

--
25 Jun 2019 05:04 PM
Still havent received mine either. I would assume they arrive within the next couple of weeks.
s_86_d

--
27 Jun 2019 08:02 AM
It has been asked but I wasn't solid in understanding... is there a date when the list is final (no alternate selection)

I am an alternate and I am re-submitting for the August board but I wanted to know if there is a date when April's board expires. Thanks
kirkaland

--
27 Jun 2019 08:05 AM
Posted By s_86_d on 27 Jun 2019 09:02 AM
It has been asked but I wasn't solid in understanding... is there a date when the list is final (no alternate selection)

I am an alternate and I am re-submitting for the August board but I wanted to know if there is a date when April's board expires. Thanks

When they commission in December. 

I've heard of people dropping out at the last minute for various reasons and the CG then going to the alternate list. I certainly wouldn't count on anything crazy but you can't discount the possibility either. 
64driver

--
27 Jun 2019 11:31 AM
I am still waiting for a letter as well
64driver

--
27 Jun 2019 11:36 AM
Posted By 60pilot on 24 Jun 2019 06:13 AM
I have not. Hopefully soon so I can submit my resignation paperwork to the Army.

I already have my orders ETSing from the Army. Just put it in now for a  date in December. They can always be amended especially because you already have an approved 368.
whoami

--
27 Jun 2019 05:02 PM
Posted By 64driver on 27 Jun 2019 12:36 PM

I already have my orders ETSing from the Army. Just put it in now for a  date in December. They can always be amended especially because you already have an approved 368.

Greetings.

If you are Active Duty Army, the DD 368 is not applicable. AR 140-10 Chapter 9 Section 3 that covers a DD 368 is an Army Reserve AR.
kirkaland

--
28 Jun 2019 02:28 PM
Posted By whoami on 27 Jun 2019 06:02 PM
Posted By 64driver on 27 Jun 2019 12:36 PM

Greetings.

If you are Active Duty Army, the DD 368 is not applicable. AR 140-10 Chapter 9 Section 3 that covers a DD 368 is an Army Reserve AR.
I was active duty and had to get a 368. The Army didn't care because I had an approved ets but the coast guard had to have it for my application packet. 

47_Guy

--
28 Jun 2019 04:28 PM
I am Active Duty Army and also had to submit a DD368 in order to complete my CG packet. As far as the letter goes, I have not received mine yet, but I have already submitted my UQR for a 18 December final out date and a 19 December commission into CG date. If that date needs to change, it's just a memo submitted through BN/BDE and up to HRC, shouldn't take long to get sent up when we get the official date.
whoami

--
29 Jun 2019 06:35 PM
Posted By 47_Guy on 28 Jun 2019 05:28 PM
I am Active Duty Army and also had to submit a DD368 in order to complete my CG packet. As far as the letter goes, I have not received mine yet, but I have already submitted my UQR for a 18 December final out date and a 19 December commission into CG date. If that date needs to change, it's just a memo submitted through BN/BDE and up to HRC, shouldn't take long to get sent up when we get the official date.

If you are Active Duty and your ETS date is prior to your commission date check out AR 635-200 Chapter 16 Section 2.

"a.  Soldiers may be discharged for the purpose of entering a program leading to a commission or warrant officer appointment  in any branch of the Armed Forces."

"b.    Discharge  may  be  approved  upon  presentation  of  documentary  evidence  from  the  proper  authority  showing  that  the  Soldier has been accepted for an officer commissioning or appointment program, subject to discharge from his/her Army  enlisted  status."

Notice how it says "discharge may be approved."  The Army does not have to release you.  The general concept is that those reviewing the submission must make a decision on whether it is in the best interest of the Soldier, the Army and ultimately national defense to release the Soldier for commission.  Lots of factors come into play such as MOS strength and time remaining before ETS.  For example, if the Soldier has 5 years left on their contract before ETS compared to the soldier only having a couple months.

Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
29 Jun 2019 08:21 PM
You need a conditional release so that the Coast Guard can process you. If you do not have a conditional release the Coast Guard isn’t able to work with you as an applicant. The Coast Guard needs to know that your branch is agreeing to let you go if you are accepted.
64driver

--
01 Jul 2019 07:35 AM
Posted By whoami on 29 Jun 2019 07:35 PM
Posted By 47_Guy on 28 Jun 2019 05:28 PM

If you are Active Duty and your ETS date is prior to your commission date check out AR 635-200 Chapter 16 Section 2.

"a.  Soldiers may be discharged for the purpose of entering a program leading to a commission or warrant officer appointment  in any branch of the Armed Forces."

"b.    Discharge  may  be  approved  upon  presentation  of  documentary  evidence  from  the  proper  authority  showing  that  the  Soldier has been accepted for an officer commissioning or appointment program, subject to discharge from his/her Army  enlisted  status."

Notice how it says "discharge may be approved."  The Army does not have to release you.  The general concept is that those reviewing the submission must make a decision on whether it is in the best interest of the Soldier, the Army and ultimately national defense to release the Soldier for commission.  Lots of factors come into play such as MOS strength and time remaining before ETS.  For example, if the Soldier has 5 years left on their contract before ETS compared to the soldier only having a couple months.

In addition to the DA 368 that was given my recruiter had me get a memo from HRC saying that they will release me and will adjust my ETS day to ensure no gaps in service signed by the branch chief.
60pilot

--
03 Jul 2019 10:49 AM
So I got a letter today in my military email regarding accepting the commission. Just states my commission will be no sooner than December. Also says it must be returned by July 3rd, which is today when I received the letter.
64driver

--
03 Jul 2019 10:51 AM
Just received my selection letter today. Email. They said they are aiming for 19 Dec for commission which may change but that's what I was told today.
64driver

--
03 Jul 2019 10:51 AM
Just received my selection letter today. Email. They said they are aiming for 19 Dec for commission which may change but that's what I was told today.
64driver

--
03 Jul 2019 11:09 AM
Stupid double post sorry
oneway8788

--
03 Jul 2019 03:16 PM
Posted By 60pilot on 03 Jul 2019 11:49 AM
So I got a letter today in my military email regarding accepting the commission. Just states my commission will be no sooner than December. Also says it must be returned by July 3rd, which is today when I received the letter.

Wow, so I should head into the office huh? Our original message had a commissioning date of 19DEC though.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
03 Jul 2019 03:59 PM
Yeah you should contact your recruiter.
64driver

--
03 Jul 2019 11:41 PM
Just an update. Called to get clarification and was told no update until DCO school puts out their schedule. Out commissioning date is based on that. When they get the schedule we will get another letter with exact dates.
oneway8788

--
05 Jul 2019 04:59 PM
I went into the office and had also received my letter, hope everyone else has gotten good news.
sculton12

--
08 Jul 2019 01:41 PM
Hey everyone!

I haven't been able to log on to my work email, and the letter wasn't sent to my personal email. I was wondering if there was a date on the email on when you have to reply? I'm paranoid I'm going to miss it sending my response back!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement