Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
April 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 19 Aug 2019 03:05 PM by PortNotStarboard. 74 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
60pilot

--
08 Jul 2019 06:17 PM
Mine stated to return a response by July 3rd. It was an email and on the letter it was dated 26 June but I received it July 3. So having to return it the same day I received it seems unlikely. Based on the two dates it was 7 days from the date on the actual letter and when they wanted a response.
s_86_d

--
12 Jul 2019 09:02 PM
Any alternates receive good news yet?
SeanMM

--
13 Jul 2019 04:13 AM
I received my letter stating I am an alternate but thats it. Are you an alternate? Did you get a letter of intent?
s_86_d

--
13 Jul 2019 07:53 AM
Got the same letter for Alternate selection. I keep logging on to see if anyone in the Alternate pool gets picked up (it should start happening)
SeanMM

--
13 Jul 2019 10:30 AM
I talked with someone that I was previously stationed with that was selected as an alternate (#8) and he said that OPM usually makes phone calls. I would imagine that it will start to happen in August. I have also heard of people being selected just a few days before the school start date.
cus154

--
13 Jul 2019 10:42 AM
Does anyone know how to access the DCO Pre-reporting guide? The links on the Cosat Guard site are expired.
Grahamnd

--
26 Jul 2019 06:47 AM
Received notification that I was selected from the alternate list yesterday. I was the first alternate for PTMO. Got a call from my recruiter followed by an email from Recruiting Command with the letter of intent.
Trusted Member
Basic Member
Basic Member
AirDale13

--
27 Jul 2019 10:17 AM
Received notification on 25JUL19 that I was selected from the alternate list for DCE. I was #1 on the list. It was an email to my personal email with a letter of intent!
kittyhawk20

--
02 Aug 2019 09:38 AM
Does anyone have an idea of when the detailers will start contacting all of us or CG-OPM-1 for that matter? I know its the slowest part of the process.
kirkaland

--
02 Aug 2019 04:35 PM
Posted By kittyhawk20 on 02 Aug 2019 10:38 AM
Does anyone have an idea of when the detailers will start contacting all of us or CG-OPM-1 for that matter? I know its the slowest part of the process.

Last year it was end of September FWIW
s_86_d

--
14 Aug 2019 12:43 PM
I'm currently looking at last year's DCO board. I am guessing the AO will reach out to us in the next 2-4 weeks for dream sheet submission. We probably won't get assignments until after 1 October (new fiscal year)

I am already drafting up my apology to the family as this will be hurry up and hurry some more PCS from Japan.
PortNotStarboard

--
14 Aug 2019 07:41 PM
Congratulations fellow DCOs -

I’ve seen some familiar names on the selection list. I wanted to share some gouge with current active duty personnel wishing to carry over regular leave with you to the CG. And, some words about Blended Retirement and the Legacy Retirement system are at the bottom.

1. You are absolutely able to carry over leave to the CG. I’ve heard of owning services forcing active duty personnel into accepting the payout of unused leave, usually for pennies on the dollar. It is written in federal law:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/37/501

2. The number of accrued days you wish to carry to the CG must be on your DD214, no exceptions. The CG won’t flex on this at all.

I experienced a very stubborn Civ worker at my last Army duty station who flat out refused to put the magic sentence on my DD214. I confirmed with CG Finance and previous DCOs anything other than a DD214 was not acceptable. The magic sentence: “Service member elects to carry over ____ days of regular leave to the US Coast Guard.”

I would recommend bringing leave with you, though most gaining commands understand the process is still very cumbersome and usually grant PTDY.

By law, personnel on active duty are allowed to maintain the legacy retirement plan provided they have joined before the Blended Retirement System mandatory membership date. This is fixed by a simple memo from your gaining CG command’s Yeoman stating “service member wishes to retain the legacy retirement plan.”

Hopefully you all have a smooth transition, good luck, and write back if you have questions!

BRG23

--
16 Aug 2019 08:05 AM
This above post is amazing. Literally the two things I was worried about the most.
Simple1

--
18 Aug 2019 12:27 PM
Posted By PortNotStarboard on 14 Aug 2019 08:41 PM

1. You are absolutely able to carry over leave to the CG. I’ve heard of owning services forcing active duty personnel into accepting the payout of unused leave, usually for pennies on the dollar. It is written in federal law:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/37/501

2. The number of accrued days you wish to carry to the CG must be on your DD214, no exceptions. The CG won’t flex on this at all.

I experienced a very stubborn Civ worker at my last Army duty station who flat out refused to put the magic sentence on my DD214. I confirmed with CG Finance and previous DCOs anything other than a DD214 was not acceptable. The magic sentence: “Service member elects to carry over ____ days of regular leave to the US Coast Guard.”

Not sure what you mean by “pennies on the dollar”. When you sell your leave, it’s for what you rate, not a gov bargain or offer. 

Also, I tried to sell my leave when I left because it’s a much higher payout for me because of my demotion, and was essentially told that is not possible. So if you’re an O transferring over, without a break in service, you have no choice but to transfer over your leave. 

PortNotStarboard

--
19 Aug 2019 03:05 PM
Simple1-

To clarify pennies on the dollar: I was advised my remaining 25 days of leave were to be paid out around half of the value of a day of leave and only factored on my base pay. Entitlements were not factored into the calculation for the payout rate. Considering the ACIP and BAH we’re not included, had I elected to just take the payout...it would have been very near pennies on the dollar. However, given the various DCO programs and types of people transferring, the case will be very different for each person making the switch.

It was certainly worth it to do the homework and research the laws governing transfers. I think I’m sitting at 35 days of leave. The staff in my transitioning center were so set in their ways that you’re either separating or retiring. There was no consideration for people transferring to another service.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement