Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
OCS-R FY 2019
Last Post 28 Sep 2019 10:48 PM by CPORJM. 49 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
hollow23

--
12 Jul 2019 10:13 AM
im not sure when it is. The dates have moved around in the past.
hollow23

--
12 Jul 2019 10:16 AM
im applying for the DCO program. but the OCS folks are actually with the DCO people the 1st week.
flst8

--
12 Jul 2019 05:21 PM
Results for the last go round came out about three weeks post board meeting, but it varies from panel to panel. I'm in the waiting game myself, good luck to everyone!
nwass52

--
26 Jul 2019 08:35 AM
Yeah, I have to get  waiver too because of shoulder surgery I had a while back. My recruiter said he will fight for me so it sounds like waivers aren't too tough unless its serious. 

I was also over the weight limit mostly due to my body type (220lb with 11% BF). I also lift/run/swim so I am not overweight, it was just the way MEPS shook down (measured me at 5'11" at MEPS but was measured at 6'1" for a football tryout in 2018). But I decided to cut back on my eating and eat a ton of fruit and veggies (Pineapple is amazing for cutting weight) and I dropped 15lbs. MEPS doc also said to work on my neck. So I've been doing shrugs with every lift and its definitely helped.

**This was in response to hollow23 but I'm dumb and cannot post on this forum correctly
hollow23

--
26 Jul 2019 10:21 AM
Posted By nwass52 on 26 Jul 2019 09:35 AM
Yeah, I have to get  waiver too because of shoulder surgery I had a while back. My recruiter said he will fight for me so it sounds like waivers aren't too tough unless its serious. 

I was also over the weight limit mostly due to my body type (220lb with 11% BF). I also lift/run/swim so I am not overweight, it was just the way MEPS shook down (measured me at 5'11" at MEPS but was measured at 6'1" for a football tryout in 2018). But I decided to cut back on my eating and eat a ton of fruit and veggies (Pineapple is amazing for cutting weight) and I dropped 15lbs. MEPS doc also said to work on my neck. So I've been doing shrugs with every lift and its definitely helped.

**This was in response to hollow23 but I'm dumb and cannot post on this forum correctly

thanks for the reply.. im in the same boat as you.. but I needed a dependent waiver being that im over the limit... I didnt go to MEPS i just went to my military doc to sign the documents.  I am over the weight limit by alot, but i am in no form obese or overweight.. I played college ball and i still have that athlete build.. im 5'11 220 as well, lift/swim/run/never failed a military PT test/pass all waist measurements.  I havent been 197 since 11th grade, so I dunno what they want from me lol.. I was told if selected you have a final weigh in with the recruiter and if you are over the limit you cant go.. I dont see how that possible, especially if you have already accepted the commission.. but it is what it is...
nwass52

--
01 Aug 2019 03:17 PM
Was Monday for sure the day the Board met?
hollow23

--
02 Aug 2019 08:28 AM
Posted By nwass52 on 01 Aug 2019 04:17 PM
not sure about OCS but the DCO panel isnt meeting until late September. 

DariustheDukes

--
02 Aug 2019 12:42 PM
Posted By nwass52 on 01 Aug 2019 04:17 PM

For OCS? yes
nwass52

--
02 Aug 2019 12:57 PM
Yeah for OCS. Okay cool, thanks. I had heard a few different dates being tossed around and wanted to have a better idea of when to expect word. Good luck to you all!
DariustheDukes

--
02 Aug 2019 02:55 PM
Posted By nwass52 on 02 Aug 2019 01:57 PM
Yeah for OCS. Okay cool, thanks. I had heard a few different dates being tossed around and wanted to have a better idea of when to expect word. Good luck to you all!

We should hear something in 3 weeks
Good luck all!
nwass52

--
05 Aug 2019 08:46 AM
I am a civilian (from an Air Force family) and I've visited a Sector and also a Small Boat Station as well as talked to as many USCG personnel as I can. I have researched the different career paths but I am interested to see what y'all are wanting to do/ if y'all have some expertise in the 4 different career areas.
RPJ2019

--
05 Aug 2019 12:41 PM
Aviation for me
DariustheDukes

--
05 Aug 2019 02:04 PM
Ashore Responder or Aviation
nwass52

--
05 Aug 2019 02:49 PM
Are you wanting to go DSF? Or MSST?
DariustheDukes

--
06 Aug 2019 12:28 PM
Posted By nwass52 on 05 Aug 2019 03:49 PM

MSST falls under the DSF umbrella as one of the Focus Areas. Other Focus Areas include TACLET, NSF, RDL, NCW, PSU and MSRT
m_meis

--
14 Aug 2019 12:27 PM
Has anyone heard anything? My recruiter called and left a message saying some information was available... no response when trying to return call.
m_meis

--
15 Aug 2019 08:46 AM
List is out for the recruiters to access! I'm going to OCS!!
nwass52

--
15 Aug 2019 09:27 AM
I did not get selected... Plan on resubmitting. Congrats to all who made it! Proud to have y'all defending this great country! Hopefully see y'all once I get in.
RPJ2019

--
28 Sep 2019 02:41 PM
Is there someone who has the selection list willing to post the results here?
Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
28 Sep 2019 10:48 PM
Posted By DariustheDukes on 06 Aug 2019 01:28 PM
Posted By nwass52 on 05 Aug 2019 03:49 PM

MSST falls under the DSF umbrella as one of the Focus Areas. Other Focus Areas include TACLET, NSF, RDL, NCW, PSU and MSRT

But understand that, eventhough you may initially get one of these assignments, you will not spend your entire career there.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement