Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Physical for Active Duty
Last Post 13 Jun 2019 02:38 PM by hollow23. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
hollow23

--
07 Jun 2019 05:44 PM
    I have received multiple answers about the physical for DCO.  I had a friend who did the DCO program but did not go to MEPS.. he was prior USAF.  I am currently following in his footsteps but I was told that I have to go to MEPS but then I had other folks say all I need is a commisioning physical from a miltary doctor and MEPS isnt needed for Active Duty applicants.  Has anyone from another branch dealt with this situation.  I want to avoid the headache of MEPS at all cost lol.  Im active duty USAF applying for DCIO.
    SeanMM

--
    07 Jun 2019 06:20 PM
    You don't need to go to MEPS if your already active duty. You will go to physical exams and tell them you require a commissioning physical. Look in the OJAK for the exact form numbers to bring.
    hollow23

--
    09 Jun 2019 11:19 AM
    Thank u.. I read directly in the OJAK that MEPS is for civilians only. Not sure why the recruiter is under the impression I need MEPS.
    whoami

--
    09 Jun 2019 12:26 PM
    @hollow23

Talk to your recruiter and take guidance from the tower. As Active Duty Army I still had to go through the entire MEPS process again for DCO. The whole, stay at the hotel the night before, wake up at 0430, and shuffle to MEPS to complete the entire process.
    BRG23

--
    10 Jun 2019 07:56 AM
    I'll try to answer by example. I went to my base's health clinic, asked for a commissioning physical, got it, submitted the cover sheet to my recruiter, and the selection board deemed that satisfactory.
    hollow23

--
    10 Jun 2019 06:33 PM
    So I called MEPS ..I explained to them my situation being Active Duty.. the NCOIC specifically told me that active duty personnel cant come to MEPS because there is noway to process me because I am active.. he told me MEPS is for civilian and prior service. The OJAK actually states that MEPS is for civilian applicants only.. So I went to my clinic on base and gave them the 2808 and questionaire and told them I need a commissioning physical and theyy said they can sign the docs and i should be gtg.. my buddy did the same thing when he applied to DCO and it was fine. So now im more confused lol.. I see the doc this week so I will see what happens then. I spoke with my recruiter...she doesnt know either.. she hasnt processed an inter-service transfer before and she told me to get with a doctor thn told me MEPS. So im pretty much trying to figure this out on my own.
    BRG23

--
    10 Jun 2019 09:46 PM
    Welcome to the process of interservice transfers. No one around you knows anything about this process. The recruiter knows what forms you need, but not how to get them. There is no office to call because the interservice transfer office doesn't exist. Good luck figuring everything else out.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Jun 2019 07:46 AM
    In regards to BRG's comment... Just stop wearing that uniform one day, put on a CG uniform and show up at a new base and say I'm here to work. LOL
    It sounds like that might be the best way to approach this. HAHAHA Gotta love the United States Military! Best of luck switching, I really hope it goes smoothly.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    hollow23

--
    11 Jun 2019 11:35 AM
    I wish I could just show up as an officer and get to work.. But like BRG said... everything is so mysterious and noone knows EXACTLY what to do.. I just want everything in for this upcoming DCO board in September.
    BRG23

--
    12 Jun 2019 10:31 AM
    The hardest thing to get is the DD-368. I submitted a conditional resignation through my normal resignation channels. I would start that now. It took me 4 months to obtain after I submitted the request. Everything else is cake. Physical takes a weekend. Resume and narrative takes whatever time you put in. Transcripts take ~5 days to get mailed. The DD-368 will be your determining factor as to whether you can apply or not.
    hollow23

--
    12 Jun 2019 10:38 AM
    I received my 368. It took about a month for HQ to approve my release. The medical seems to be the issue now, because noone seems to know what the hell to do. The Air Force only gives commissioning physicals for pilot candidates, and for any one else commissioning they only do a records review and sign off on a medical clearance 422 form.  Ive been cleared medically from the AF side they said im good to commission.  the 2808 and the 2807 isnt signed because the doc told me that its not for Active Duty, and those forms are for prior/civilian folks going to MEPS. Active Duty doesnt use those forms to medically clear people.
    BRG23

--
    13 Jun 2019 06:22 AM
    Nope. Be explicit. You need your doc to fill it out to seek a commission outside of the Air Force. He needs to fill out those forms. It is how every commission in the USCG is cleared. In seeking a commission in the USCG as an O-3 in the USN, I had to fill out those forms. Your recruiter says you need them. I say you need them. Do not take "no" for an answer.
    Simple1

--
    13 Jun 2019 10:01 AM
    Posted By BRG23 on 13 Jun 2019 07:22 AM
    Nope. Be explicit. You need your doc to fill it out to seek a commission outside of the Air Force. He needs to fill out those forms. It is how every commission in the USCG is cleared. In seeking a commission in the USCG as an O-3 in the USN, I had to fill out those forms. Your recruiter says you need them. I say you need them. Do not take "no" for an answer.

Completely agree. No one is going to know what to do, so you have to be the subject matter expert, even if you don’t know either.  And for what it’s worth, I’ve done 2808s and 2807s periodically as part of my normal flight physical requirements, so active duty definitely do those. Unfortunately, during my application process I ran into a ton of the ‘not my job, not my problem’ attitude tryng to get me medical requirements filled.  

Try not to show up to the doc with a completely blank form. Don’t know how the Air Force sets up their physical/flight phys prelims, but if you show up with your eye tests done and lab work done that might help your doc see that it’s not that hard to do. MEPS I don’t think is the answer here. 
    hollow23

--
    13 Jun 2019 02:38 PM
    Thanks.  I have ran into those problems as well.  flight med told me that they only do commissioning physicals for pilot applicants or flyers. so they referred me to another clinic that said they only do tehm for Army and Navy and AF has their own way of processing commissioning applicants.  I went to talk to the doc today, signed the 2808 and I had eye and ears done they said i have no issues with either.  The AF gave me a medical clearance document that said After a Full medical review I am cleared to commission/deploy. So i have everything done on this 2808, I just got it done by multiple offices.  So we shall see what the CG says about this medical situation.. And you are right about MEPS.. I called the office here and they said I can't come there because I am active duty they told me to go see a military doctor on base.. then hung up lol btu i have doctor stamps and signatures all over this 2808 saying im gtg.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement