Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Anyone applying for the upcoming DCO board?!
Last Post 17 Oct 2019 07:32 AM by hollow23. 47 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
hollow23

--
18 Jun 2019 12:38 PM
    Any good folks applying for this upcoming DCO board?!
    SeanMM

--
    19 Jun 2019 09:59 AM
    I am.
    hollow23

--
    19 Jun 2019 10:23 AM
    great. how has your process been going?  Everything on my end was smooth but the medical was a headache. I am active duty and I was getting the runaaround from my branch.
    hollow23

--
    19 Jun 2019 10:32 AM
    Posted By SeanMM on 19 Jun 2019 09:59 AM
    I am.

which program are you appyling for?
    Jarrett_r747

--
    19 Jun 2019 02:47 PM
    I am applying for the upcoming DCO Board as well. Specifically, DCE. I made the Alternate list from the previous panel, and I was super excited. I'm staying optimistic that they will take the Alternates, but I'm taking the steps to freshen up my package and add any additional certificates that I gained. My hope is that I'm placed on the primary list for this upcoming DCO panel.
    SeanMM

--
    19 Jun 2019 06:01 PM
    I am doing the same since I placed as an alternate as well. Also staying optimistic but still applying for DCE again just to be safe. My CO is on leave so I need to wait for him to get back for my endorsement, that's been my only speed bump for me so far.
    hollow23

--
    19 Jun 2019 08:23 PM
    Nice. This is my first time applying for DCIO.. im currently in the Air Force active duty..so when will you know if alternates are selected from the pervious board?
    hollow23

--
    19 Jun 2019 08:24 PM
    Posted By SeanMM on 19 Jun 2019 06:01 PM
    I am doing the same since I placed as an alternate as well. Also staying optimistic but still applying for DCE again just to be safe. My CO is on leave so I need to wait for him to get back for my endorsement, that's been my only speed bump for me so far.

Why do you need a new endorsement if you already got one from the pervious package.
    SeanMM

--
    19 Jun 2019 11:10 PM

Each application should have a new memo, even if you just update the DTG it’s a new memo, you want to show it is current and you are addressing a whole new panel. I added a few things to my memo on this second go around so my memo DTG changed. Also, don't forget that you are routing the memo through your CO so this will be the second time the CO is endorsing me. It is also a great way for the panel to see that you are applying for a second time, also mentioned in my updated memo. Sorry for the long-winded answer but maybe it will help someone in the future.

hollow23

--
    20 Jun 2019 09:21 AM
    I see. what is DTG? I'm not in the CG im not too familiar with the acronyms.  Me being from another branch I did not need an endorsement for my package. I'm unfamiliar with that entire process.
    SeanMM

--
    20 Jun 2019 11:11 AM
    DTG = Date Time Group. If your in another service or are a civilian I believe your memorandum and endorsement may be different. I would imagine your recruiter will set you straight.
    hollow23

--
    20 Jun 2019 01:28 PM
    Posted By SeanMM on 20 Jun 2019 11:11 AM
    DTG = Date Time Group. If your in another service or are a civilian I believe your memorandum and endorsement may be different. I would imagine your recruiter will set you straight.
    yea the 368 is pretty much all we need from our service. 
    When is everythind due for you!?
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    20 Jun 2019 05:11 PM
    Hey guys; Coastie PRO TIP - Check your EI-PDR to make sure its updated. Also, go through the competency dictionary to see if you can have some competencies thrown in there. I had a few that were missing but I didn't know they were missing because I didn't realize it was a competency that could be entered. Also, send transcripts to CGI to get them on your record. Maybe you guys know all of this already but just putting it out there.
    SeanMM

--
    20 Jun 2019 07:05 PM
    July 5th everything is due.
    hollow23

--
    21 Jun 2019 10:33 AM
    Posted By SeanMM on 20 Jun 2019 07:05 PM

my recruiter told me everything is due to him Aug 5th....i wonder if the dates being different depends on the program....  Or does someone have the wrong date...
    hollow23

--
    21 Jun 2019 10:34 AM

he said AUG 5th everything due to be reviewed by the panel meeting September
    hollow23

--
    21 Jun 2019 10:50 AM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 20 Jun 2019 05:11 PM
    Hey guys; Coastie PRO TIP - Check your EI-PDR to make sure its updated. Also, go through the competency dictionary to see if you can have some competencies thrown in there. I had a few that were missing but I didn't know they were missing because I didn't realize it was a competency that could be entered. Also, send transcripts to CGI to get them on your record. Maybe you guys know all of this already but just putting it out there.

can you explain what competencies are.. for us non CG folks.. and EI-PDR.
    kirkaland

--
    21 Jun 2019 04:31 PM
    Posted By hollow23 on 21 Jun 2019 10:50 AM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 20 Jun 2019 05:11 PM

can you explain what competencies are.. for us non CG folks.. and EI-PDR.

This advice is for active duty CG only. Competencies are basically qualifications that you have attained through training and EI-PDR is your official personnel file (evaluation reports, awards,...)
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    21 Jun 2019 05:40 PM
    Posted By hollow23 on 21 Jun 2019 10:34 AM

Applicants and recruiters have different deadlines. The recruiter deadline is usually one month before the panel convenes. The recruiter deadline is when the package should be at Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC). The applicant deadline is normally about 2 months before panel to give time to correct mistakes, get additional documentation and for pending interviews. If August 5th is your recruiters deadline......it would be in your best interest to get your package in well before that. Verify with your recruiter if that is his deadline or if he has given himself some buffer room. I think the panel is late september so it sounds like that he has planned for a buffer. Anyhow, that's why you are hearing two dates. The "official" applicant deadline is in July but recruiters do have some time to play with, hence the different date on your part. I hope thats as confusing as I tried not to make it. lol
    hollow23

--
    22 Jun 2019 11:14 AM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 21 Jun 2019 05:40 PM
    Posted By hollow23 on 21 Jun 2019 10:34 AM

Applicants and recruiters have different deadlines. The recruiter deadline is usually one month before the panel convenes. The recruiter deadline is when the package should be at Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC). The applicant deadline is normally about 2 months before panel to give time to correct mistakes, get additional documentation and for pending interviews. If August 5th is your recruiters deadline......it would be in your best interest to get your package in well before that. Verify with your recruiter if that is his deadline or if he has given himself some buffer room. I think the panel is late september so it sounds like that he has planned for a buffer. Anyhow, that's why you are hearing two dates. The "official" applicant deadline is in July but recruiters do have some time to play with, hence the different date on your part. I hope thats as confusing as I tried not to make it. lol

Yes that makes sense. I have to do my interview still.. It is being schedule now for the week after the 4th of July.
    hollow23

--
    22 Jun 2019 11:15 AM
    Im not in the CG so the interview is kind of nerve racking.. Im not sure if they will wont me to know everything about the CG or more about me and my qualifications
    hollow23

--
    22 Jun 2019 11:15 AM
    Im not in the CG so the interview is kind of nerve racking.. Im not sure if they will wont me to know everything about the CG or more about me and my qualifications
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    22 Jun 2019 11:37 AM
    I’m in the CG and I was a bit nervous. You definitely wanna know what the CG is all about. But it was a pretty relaxed environment.
    hollow23

--
    24 Jun 2019 10:05 AM
    Posted By AirDale13 on 22 Jun 2019 11:37 AM
    I’m in the CG and I was a bit nervous. You definitely wanna know what the CG is all about. But it was a pretty relaxed environment.

thanks. I was told the same thing.. know the 11 missions and watch the commandants speeches a few times, but it will be really relaxed and personal. I will keep yall updated.
    Simple1

--
    24 Jun 2019 06:23 PM
    Obviously your mileage may vary, but as a DCA applicant, my board was very relaxed. A majority of my questions were more based on my personal philosophies and life experiences, with 1 or 2 aviation procedural knowledge questions mixed in. I had researched potential duty stations for myself and I read a few articles in the news lately about MSRT which actually helped me relate with one of my interviewers.  I also had a few questions for the end of my interview lined up in case they were willing to entertain some. It was actually a great way to pick some of their brains on how the Coast Guard operates.  

kirkaland

--
    25 Jun 2019 06:16 AM
    Posted By Simple1 on 24 Jun 2019 06:23 
    I also had a few questions for the end of my interview lined up in case they were willing to entertain some. It was actually a great way to pick some of their brains on how the Coast Guard operates.  

This is good advice for any interview. You should always have some thoughtful questions prepared to ask.
    60pilot

--
    25 Jun 2019 08:28 AM
    I was also DCA but right off the bat they asked me what I knew about the coast guard. I just spent a few minutes talking about their various missions aside from the well known SAR. I had an area of aviator based questions but the majority of the interview were questions such as, “tell me about a situation where you had little to no guidance and how did you handle it”. I prepared by using the sample interview questions in the OJAK. While these questions are not questions they asked, I still feel I was able to reference some of those answers I had prepared and tailor them to their specific questions. My interview was at least an hour and I also had questions following the formal portion. They were all very willing to answer them and I left with a better understanding of some of the differences in their aviation side of the house vs the Army. And they talked about duty stations they all recommended, which was all insightful.
    hollow23

--
    25 Jun 2019 10:21 AM
    good information. Thank you. It looks like I wont make the deadline for applicants (July 8th) I still havent done the interview and my recruiter told me today that the deadline is 8 july for applicants. the interview is my final step in this submission process. i dont want to feel rushed so i may just have to wait until Jan 2020.
    60pilot

--
    25 Jun 2019 12:13 PM
    So they do have multiple deadlines to be aware of. Usually the first deadline is the recruiter deadline and I believe the interview is not required to be complete before that deadline. So if everything else is submitted and you have it scheduled you could still meet the final submission deadline usually a month or two after the recruiter deadline. Something to look into anyhow if you don’t want to wait out this board.
    hollow23

--
    26 Jun 2019 09:21 AM
    Posted By 60pilot on 25 Jun 2019 12:13 PM
    So they do have multiple deadlines to be aware of. Usually the first deadline is the recruiter deadline and I believe the interview is not required to be complete before that deadline. So if everything else is submitted and you have it scheduled you could still meet the final submission deadline usually a month or two after the recruiter deadline. Something to look into anyhow if you don’t want to wait out this board.

thank you.  i got that cleared up yesterday. Everything is still gtg and I will have my interview next week.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement