Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Anyone applying for the upcoming DCO board?!
Last Post 31 Jul 2019 10:13 AM by hollow23. 44 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Jnew47

--
08 Jul 2019 12:26 PM
I have completed my package, but I am having issues with getting approved by MEPS before August 5th.  Does anyone know how this might affect me before the panel? Thanks for your help.
hollow23

--
08 Jul 2019 01:19 PM
i didnt have to go to MEPS. i am active duty though.. are you active duty?
hollow23

--
08 Jul 2019 01:24 PM
since i am active duty.. I went to the base hospital and got a commissioning physical and had the dr. fill out my 2808 and i submitted to the recruiter.. a buddy of mine did the same thing and he was picked up for the DCO program. 

Jnew47

--
08 Jul 2019 01:33 PM
i didnt have to go to MEPS. i am active duty though.. are you active duty?

No, I am a civilian trying to get in through DCSS.
hollow23

--
08 Jul 2019 01:56 PM
ok. thats a different path.  i know that all civilians must go through MEPS. you can call MEPS directly and ask them questions.  I did.  at the end of the conversation they will tell you to talk to your recruiter.. but at least you got some of your concerns answered by them.. give them a call.
maxtaylorsmith

--
19 Jul 2019 10:09 PM
Hi,

First time posting. I just applied for DCIO September 2019 panel. 

-Max
hollow23

--
21 Jul 2019 05:31 PM
Posted By maxtaylorsmith on 19 Jul 2019 11:09 PM
Hi,

First time posting. I just applied for DCIO September 2019 panel. 

-Max

Thats whats up.. I also applied for DCIO this September as well.. good luck my man. Hope we get it 

maxtaylorsmith

--
30 Jul 2019 09:49 AM
@hollow23. Me too man. Me too. Would be sweet. So you’re a cyber guy? Cool! I am a HUMINTer. Hope to see our names on that list!
hollow23

--
30 Jul 2019 10:26 AM
Posted By maxtaylorsmith on 30 Jul 2019 10:49 AM
@hollow23. Me too man. Me too. Would be sweet. So you’re a cyber guy? Cool! I am a HUMINTer. Hope to see our names on that list!

I am a cyber guy. 8yrs cyber USAF E-6.  I hope to see us on there too..  How was your application process did everything go smooth? What branch are you in?
hollow23

--
30 Jul 2019 10:28 AM
Posted By maxtaylorsmith on 30 Jul 2019 10:49 AM

Have you heard any information regarding the dates we should hear back or anything like that?
maxtaylorsmith

--
30 Jul 2019 11:39 AM
I am a Navy E6 of seven years. Application went pretty smooth considering I’ve never applied before. I ad a good recruiter. She told me results come out around October 15th
maxtaylorsmith

--
30 Jul 2019 11:40 AM
Did your recruiter offer anything additional? Numbers? Quotas available? I know they made two last round I believe...
hollow23

--
30 Jul 2019 12:31 PM
Posted By maxtaylorsmith on 30 Jul 2019 12:39 PM
I am a Navy E6 of seven years. Application went pretty smooth considering I’ve never applied before. I ad a good recruiter. She told me results come out around October 15th

cool.  my application process went well...besides the medical portion.. i got the run around about medical.. MEPS or no MEPS.. i ended up not going to MEPS and just went to my military doc on base and they did the physical.  I havent heard anything about it since i turned it in a few weeks ago..  I havent heard any numbers/quotas/dates from my recruiter.  I heard that the panel will be meeting sometime in September, and thats about it.
maxtaylorsmith

--
30 Jul 2019 03:18 PM
Yep. That's about it. They love to keep ya in suspense. How has your recruiter been? Where are you recruiting from?

Panel meets mid September. Recruiters get a verbal notification mid October, I believe. My recruiter said she would holler ASAP.

For my medical I just went to base commissioning physicals. They cleared me pretty quick. As long as you have the right forms, it was easy. Glad you made it through.

Where are you stationed now? Do you know anyone else applying?
hollow23

--
31 Jul 2019 10:13 AM
Posted By maxtaylorsmith on 30 Jul 2019 04:18 PM
Yep. That's about it. They love to keep ya in suspense. How has your recruiter been? Where are you recruiting from?

Panel meets mid September. Recruiters get a verbal notification mid October, I believe. My recruiter said she would holler ASAP.

For my medical I just went to base commissioning physicals. They cleared me pretty quick. As long as you have the right forms, it was easy. Glad you made it through.

Where are you stationed now? Do you know anyone else applying?
My recruiter has been cool.. I actually have had 2 different recruiters, but both has have been pretty decent.. I can tell that this process wasn't their normal everyday thing.. especially with me being from another branch.. for example.. my 368 wasnt signed my the AF but they did give me a memo from the SECAF stating that I have been conditionally released to apply for this program.. the recruiters kept at me about this 368, but I told them the AF wont sign it until I'm actually picked up and have a commissioning date.  until then the AF will keep the 368 on file and wait until they get the results from the CG.. my recruiters werent feeling that answer...but that was the AF policy.. so they accepted the memo stating that my 368 has been granted by the AF.. 

then MEPS.. I was told I had to get a commissioning physical..then I was told that I couldnt and I had to be seen at MEPS.. I know ppl who are active duty and have been selected for DCO..none of them went to MEPS.. I actually called MEPS and told them my situation and MEPS told me that I couldnt been seen there because I am active duty and I must been seen my the military dr on my base...so thats what I did.. I took the docs to my eye dr..my hearing dr...my family health dr. and they all filled out each section of the 2808.. and I also got the deployment dr to look over my records and write a memo stating that im in great health and can continue my military career and commission/deploy.  I havent heard anything back about my package and I know it was due for the first round checks in the beginning of July.. my recruiter said it was gtg.. she just told me to keep losing weight lol.. which im trying to do.. 

im being recruited out of Texas..and i dont know anyone else applying beside the folks on here. 
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement