Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Grand Banks Schooner
Last Post 02 Mar 2007 01:06 AM by ironhorse. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dennis

--
05 Feb 2005 05:43 PM
    Hi,

I have a small table with the drawing of the hull and rigging plan for a grand banks fisherman carved into the top.  The vessel is called the Isiah L. Jefferson.  I don't know how old the table is.

I am trying to find out if the Jefferson was an actual vessel and if so what became of her.  Any help on where to search or other info will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Dennis Knudson
    mark90291

--
    07 May 2005 02:00 AM
    I recently acquired a table with the same engraving of the Isiah L. Jefferson. I am trying to discover who Mr. Jefferson was. If you look at the American flag, the star field contains your answer. I would also like to know how old the engravings are.
    TPope

--
    25 Oct 2005 03:46 AM
    I searched high and low trying to find information on something I also found, and much to my surprise, this was the only thing I found, but exactly the same thing!

I found, well, I'm not sure what it is. It is a piece of slate or something with the same exact thing engraved into it. It has a diagram of a ship and it's hull, also has a flag with "45 stars" on the flag. It reads across the bottom, "Grand Banks Fisherman" then underneath that it reads, "Isiah L. Jefferson". It measures 16" x 24"x 3/4" and is black and looks like slate or marble. If anyone has any information on this, please let me know, I am very interested in finding out what exactly I have, it may be nothing.
    gatorsgirl

--
    10 Nov 2005 09:28 PM
    My brother has the same slate piece and he is trying to get info on it too. It has the Isiah L Jefferson on it as well.  It has 46 stars on it and someone said it is to be from No Carolina.
    Anyone have info on this?

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 11/14/2005 7:00:59 PM GMT

maplegirlie

--
    21 Sep 2006 05:32 AM

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 11/23/2009 1:28:54 AM GMT

TPope

--
    09 Jan 2007 03:35 AM
    I would like to take a few pictures of the piece I have aquired. Mine was aquired in Biloxi, MS during the Hurricane Katrina clean up. I was told it was found on the beach, but not for sure exactly where it was found. Would anyone else who posted here be willing to do some photo swapping of what they have? I posted the 3rd reply to this thread under the user name TPope on 10/24/05 right after Hurricane Katrina. Mine is in fairly bad shape but you can still read every thing on it. I am going to take some photos and post them on here later, I see where the post before this one posted a picture already.  I would like to share some photos of mine with everyone else who found the same piece of slate with similar or identical drawings. Wow, I wish mine was in as good of shape as the one pictured in the post before mine!  My email address is tpope2@aol.com I hope that everyone who posted something here does as I do and checks it every few weeks or maybe even every couple of months. Thanks

TPope

tpope2@aol.com
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 1/9/2007 3:39:50 AM GMT

TPope

--
    09 Jan 2007 03:44 AM
    Well, after a good examination of the photo posted prior to my last post, I saved it and blew it up and compared it to the slate that I found, and mine is identical with the exception mine was in a hurricane and is in poor shape with lots of deeps scratches in the surface of the side the drawing is on. Does anyone know if this can be repaired or restored anywhere?

Open for suggestions.

TPope
    boatsilove

--
    26 Feb 2007 08:53 PM
    Hello!  I bought the same exact table a couple of months ago at an antique shop in Smithfield, VA.  Have any of you been able to find any more history about the boat, or furniture designer?

It is such a neat piece!  I would love to know the background behingd it.

Thanks!!!!!
    ironhorse

--
    02 Mar 2007 01:06 AM
    Like everyone else on this forum, I too have this same plate with the Isiah L. Jefferson, Grand Banks Fisherman listed on the bottom and measures 16" x 24"x 3/4" and is black and looks like slate or marble. If anyone has any information on please let me know.  I'd like to know if this was a real ship that was actually built and placed into operation.

Thanks much,

Ken Anderson

Bobstk2

--
    08 Jun 2007 10:31 PM
    I also have one of these, And while it is a wonderful little table, and I would never part with it, It probably isn't an antique. I got mine as a gift from my father, who received it as a performance award while working for General Motors. He can't remember exactly when he got it, And it was either the late 1970's - 1980's. But it was definately brand new when he got it.

I also would like to know more about both the ship and the table itself, but my efforts haven't come up with much. If anybody knows more than that please let me know.

Bob

georam

--
    17 Aug 2007 01:51 PM
    I just purchased one of the tables engraved with a ship architectural drawings and marked 'Isiah L. Jefferson'. The table and slate are in perfect condition, but engraving was difficult to see. I figured out to wax it with car wax. The engraving now shows up beautifully.

George

gramsburg@msn.com
    irene

--
    10 Mar 2008 07:15 PM
    we have just acquired the grand banks fisherman table & were wondering  if you could tell us more about it & what it is worth?

we have a small store that supports our no kill animal shelter & our babies are counting on it.  jumpin

thank you so much for any help you can give us.
    karenlthomason@aol.com

--
    22 Mar 2008 05:19 PM
    I have purchased the same table in an estate sale in Sherman Texas. Did you find out any information regarding their origin? Its is such a cool table, I would like to find out more about it. Thanks so much!
    karen
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement