Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MEPS
Last Post 27 Jul 2019 10:51 PM by RaquelR. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RaquelR

--
26 Jul 2019 08:42 AM
    Finally going to MEPS this weekend! 

Based on the information pamphlet I received from my Recruiter on proper attire, it states "collar shirt" or business casual. I personally do not own any collar shirts, I also tend to get cold fairly quickly and based on my research MEPS location/s tends to be very cold, and since I will be taking my ASVAB along with getting a physical (meaning I will be spending a long time there) it only makes sense to wear a long sleeved (business casual appropriate shirt). Any advice? I simply would not like to be dismissed as I read online someone did for wearing a long sleeve shirt. 

Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    26 Jul 2019 09:04 AM
    Business casual is generally considered a collared shirt/slacks. There's nothing that says that shirt has to be short sleeved. Where did you see this claim that an applicant was dismissed for wearing a long sleeved shirt? That sounds like complete BS to me. I'm betting they got kicked out for some reason they don't want to admit to, but it's just easier to say it was about the shirt.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    26 Jul 2019 11:16 AM
    When I went through meps no one enforced any dress code. Some people were dressed nicely others dressed in hoodies and sweatpants. I dressed in a comfy t-shirt and comfy pants since I had to be there early in the morning and stay all day. But you should dress however your recruiter tells you to.
    RaquelR

--
    26 Jul 2019 07:08 PM
    I have to be there early as well and the last thing I want to be is uncomfortable. I will follow your advice, because I technically won't be swearing in that day so why dress all "fancy." I will also be taking my test, and being comfortable is a must imo.
    RaquelR

--
    26 Jul 2019 07:11 PM
    Posted By CPORJM on 26 Jul 2019 10:04 AM
    Business casual is generally considered a collared shirt/slacks. There's nothing that says that shirt has to be short sleeved. Where did you see this claim that an applicant was dismissed for wearing a long sleeved shirt? That sounds like complete BS to me. I'm betting they got kicked out for some reason they don't want to admit to, but it's just easier to say it was about the shirt.

On Y/A which after further research is not a very reliable source.
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    27 Jul 2019 09:27 PM
    Posted By RaquelR on 26 Jul 2019 08:11 PM

Completely unreliable.  This particular forum, however, is made up of people that have some connection to the CG, active duty, reservists, vets, spouses, etc.  You can be fairly sure that the info you get here will be accurate.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    RaquelR

--
    27 Jul 2019 10:51 PM
    Posted By CPORJM on 27 Jul 2019 10:27 PM
    Posted By RaquelR on 26 Jul 2019 08:11 PM

Completely unreliable.  This particular forum, however, is made up of people that have some connection to the CG, active duty, reservists, vets, spouses, etc.  You can be fairly sure that the info you get here will be accurate.

Awesome and good to know!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement