Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Headed to boot camp
Last Post 17 Sep 2019 09:24 AM by Barnes1965. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Barnes1965

--
29 Jul 2019 07:59 PM
    Would like to know if the sand box app is a good source to set up travel or sending letters?  RELIABLE for parents to go to
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Jul 2019 06:55 AM
    I have never used it but I know MANY parents that do use it. They say they LOVE IT. Personally I am happy with just pen and paper but that does get letters to your recruit in a flash.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Barnes1965

--
    30 Jul 2019 07:56 AM
    Thankyou for the response
    Barnes1965

--
    16 Sep 2019 06:40 AM
    My son heading to cape may boot camp tomarrow any advice or info on what to expect over next few weeks company and mailing address info???
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Sep 2019 08:29 AM
    You will get a scripted 30 second call after he arrives. It is quick and it can almost be a bit heartbreaking because you can't talk longer. But it is ok. I'm not sure of the company, I can see if I can find out who is reporting this week and I'll get it to you. In the meantime, you can check facebook. They have a company page for every company. You can meet other parents, significant others, etc and share the journey. There are also boot camp journals on line through the USCG site. They are written by a recruit in your son's company. If you have someone that is a GREAT and CREATIVE writer, the journals are quite the show stopper and funny. There will be another call around the end of week 5, that is to tell you orders! That too is a fairly short call but be sure to have pen and paper ready. Then you can come here or the facebook groups and say "MY son got orders to _______. Can anyone provide info?" But if you say a Boat somewhere in New England, we will have little to no answers for you. Week 6, if earned, is on base liberty. Again, phone calls, not scripted and a little more relaxed and able to talk. Week 7, if earned, is off base liberty. That is a chance for them to go into town, go out to eat, go to a movie, some get a hotel room just to take a LOOONG hot shower and take a nap! But again, there are phone calls and it is more relaxed. Then that Friday, hang onto your horses, GRADUATION! It is emotional and amazing! You will have pride like you've never felt.

There is a thing about boot camp that is very true... The days will drag by but the weeks will fly! Enjoy the ride, be prepared for an emotional roller coaster. If a reversion happens, roll with it, and be encouraging! Even if it doesn't happen, be encouraging! Keep in mind when you receive letters, they are already a good few days old. So an emotional "what did I do" letter by the time you get it and are able to respond, will have changed to "I love my life" letter. Write, write, write! Even if you don't get a response, the letters are like GOLD, they love them. If you want a response, send a questionnaire letter. "How's the food? _______________ How many push ups can you do now? ______________ What's the weather? _____________" Let them just return that with the blanks filled in. You'll get a lot more info that way LOL. Any other questions you have for us, let us know. We are happy to help. Again, look on Facebook and I'll see if I can locate the company for you.

GOOD LUCK to our newest recruit!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Barnes1965

--
    17 Sep 2019 09:24 AM
    Thankyou very much. We just left meps and he is off on his journey hard but pround
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement