Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
September 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 18 Nov 2019 06:45 AM by hollow23. 69 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
SeanMM

--
05 Sep 2019 01:00 AM
    Sep DCO Board convenes in the next week or two, kicking it off now. Best of luck to all that applied.
    hollow23

--
    25 Sep 2019 03:58 PM
    Quiet in here
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    25 Sep 2019 07:06 PM
    I hated this part the most. Knowing your fate has been decided while a small handful of people already know (panel members) and there is nothing you can do about it. Somewhere out there is a piece of paper that may or may not have your name on it awaiting the DHS sec to sign it.
    Jarrett_r747

--
    25 Sep 2019 09:29 PM
    Yes, good luck to all that applied. I was selected primary for OCS, but I spoke with my recruiter and if I become a primary on this panel I might be able to switch. We'll see!
    hollow23

--
    26 Sep 2019 12:19 AM
    When did the board actually convene? When do the first notifications typically go out?
    SeanMM

--
    26 Sep 2019 05:58 PM
    Board convened on September 16th, our fait has already decided. It should be a few more weeks until we find out. Generally, you will get a phone call from your recruiter a week before the official list comes out. If I had to guess, expect news by first or second week of October at the soonest.
    hollow23

--
    27 Sep 2019 03:08 PM
    Keep us posted if anyone hears anything
    apachest3ve

--
    30 Sep 2019 05:40 AM
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I know I am premature about asking but just curious.

also is this still accurate as far as what to expect?

June 15th-ish - packages were due
    Sept (1st week) - the board met
    Oct (ealry/mid) - unofficial selections were sent to RO's
    Oct (late) - official selection letters received via mail
    Nov 1ish - official message
    Jan 31st - recieve commission and DCO school date
    April 24th - recieve assignments
    April 29th - commission
    hollow23

--
    30 Sep 2019 03:53 PM
    I haven't heard anything yet.. Theres some weird things going on woth my leadership..like as if they know.. but I think thats impossible due to the fact they arent CG.. but I was told boards met on the 16th and we should know this week or next
    hollow23

--
    03 Oct 2019 10:39 AM
    any news?? any word of selection rates... anything??
    apachest3ve

--
    04 Oct 2019 12:22 AM
    I'm pretty sure it convened on the 15 or 16 of Sept.  I'm guessing the unofficial notifications will go out in the next couple of weeks.  

Good Luck to all who applied!

Anybody put in for the DCA board?
    corinth926

--
    04 Oct 2019 05:38 AM
    I did. I just deployed a few weeks ago to Afghanistan a few weeks ago so I’m anxiously watching this forum. Limited access out here. Good luck!
    apachest3ve

--
    04 Oct 2019 11:40 PM
    Im in the same boat, im in the other theater.  Did the whole packet and interview out here.  We'll see what happens looking forward to the release of the results.  

@Corinth good luck to you as well.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Andisoss

--
    05 Oct 2019 12:00 PM
    What air frame do you both fly currently? Are you looking to stay on the current type (IE: Rotary or Fixed) or make a switch?
    corinth926

--
    06 Oct 2019 12:21 AM
    60s. I hope to stay rotary but I’ll be happy with anything honestly.
    apachest3ve

--
    07 Oct 2019 01:58 AM
    I fly 64s, Honesty I would fly a desk at this point, but hoping for rotary. 

s_86_d

--
    08 Oct 2019 06:40 AM
    apachesteve if you wanted to fly a desk, why leave the army? I left the army to "get back to flying" working "S" shops and watching all my friends fly was eating at my soul...
    coastie719

--
    08 Oct 2019 08:51 AM
    anyone hearing anything about unofficial results?  the fact that the coast guard is in a CR probably won't help deadlines.
    hollow23

--
    08 Oct 2019 10:11 AM
    I was told that the LTJG selection board was released, therefore the DCO board results should be soon. Expect the results by this week or next week at the latest.
    s_86_d

--
    08 Oct 2019 12:22 PM
    coastie719, what's "in a CR?"
    coastie719

--
    08 Oct 2019 12:37 PM
    a CR is a continuing resolution.  coast guard is basically in one ever fall because we never have an approved budget.  were given a fixed budget for a specific period of time (couple weeks, month, etc).
    coastie719

--
    08 Oct 2019 12:38 PM
    CR= continuing resolution.  basically no approved budget to operate, so here's a fixed amount of money to spend for a set period.
    s_86_d

--
    08 Oct 2019 01:01 PM
    that answers a ton of questions... but not in a good way :-/
    coastie719

--
    08 Oct 2019 01:36 PM
    S_86_d, sounds like you are coming from the DOD side?  if so, get used to never having any money and the constant threat of a government shutdown!  
    s_86_d

--
    08 Oct 2019 01:40 PM
    I am... going to have to learn a new way of life.
    apachest3ve

--
    09 Oct 2019 02:39 AM
    Posted By s_86_d on 08 Oct 2019 06:40 AM
    apachesteve if you wanted to fly a desk, why leave the army? I left the army to "get back to flying" working "S" shops and watching all my friends fly was eating at my soul...

I was being facetious about flying a desk. Hopefully I get picked up and fly for the CG, hopefully the results come out soon.

I’m getting anxious about the results. 
    TX_helo_guy

--
    11 Oct 2019 04:03 AM
    @apachest3ve, I'm ready to find out as well. Suspense is killing me. Trying to make a switch from the Navy. Did get an email from DOD movers saying I had separation orders cut and to schedule a separation move. It is weird because I put in a contigent letter of resignation, and shouldn't have gotten orders unless the results are out. Could just be Navy sucking at paperwork, as is the DOD standard.
    apachest3ve

--
    11 Oct 2019 04:50 AM
    Posted By TX_helo_guy on 11 Oct 2019 04:03 AM
    @apachest3ve, I'm ready to find out as well. Suspense is killing me. Trying to make a switch from the Navy. Did get an email from DOD movers saying I had separation orders cut and to schedule a separation move. It is weird because I put in a contigent letter of resignation, and shouldn't have gotten orders unless the results are out. Could just be Navy sucking at paperwork, as is the DOD standard.

@TX_helo_guy

Dam man, you ready to get out of the Navy huh?  haha... are you worried about gap in service?
    Jarrett_r747

--
    11 Oct 2019 03:02 PM
    Anyone spoke with their recruiters yet? The suspense!
    apachest3ve

--
    12 Oct 2019 03:38 AM
    Hope this doesnt have any delay on the results...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/acting-secretary-of-homeland-security-kevin-mcaleenan-is-out
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement