Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
September 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 21 Nov 2019 09:23 AM by Guardman10. 70 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
maxtaylorsmith

--
22 Oct 2019 10:04 PM
@seanMM,

Hey man. What sub field of intel are you hoping to specialize? Do you know where billets are? Likelihood of getting training? How the negotiation process works? I figure you have some good gouge. Would love to hear from ya.
Guardman10

--
25 Oct 2019 12:29 PM
PTMO Selectees: Please feel free to PM me regarding the process from selection, to assignment, to accession, reporting, and DCO school. I was a prior ARNG O3 to O2 PTMO selectee for the SEP 2018 board. The PTMO path is not as straightforward as the DCA, DCE, DCIO career path.
SeanMM

--
25 Oct 2019 07:13 PM
I'm not on the Intel list. I am on the DCE list and hopefully I can get into cyber, project management, or cloud infrastructure. A bonus one would be getting into project management at the Coast Guards Research and Development unit. One of my cutter buddies made it through DCE and got R&D for his first unit as an ENS. I don't believe there is much of a negotiation processes when picking your first unit. The AO presents to all the selectees the choices you can pick from and you just list them all in order of priority and email it back. I believe they look at your choices compared to needs of the service along with your resume and wants that you may have listed in your memo. Again, I’m not going Intel so I have no idea how that world is but I am sure the processes is similar.
maxtaylorsmith

--
27 Oct 2019 05:35 PM
Sean,

That’s my bad. Thought you were intel. Thanks for the insight regardless. See u at school!
corinth926

--
29 Oct 2019 12:07 PM
Does anyone have any further information on the commissioning date(s)? I’m forward deployed so I’m trying to find out sooner than later so I can start planning when to come back stateside.
hollow23

--
29 Oct 2019 01:39 PM
the timelines in the OJAK is really the only guidelines we have for estimated dates.  commission 4-5 months after panel.
hollow23

--
29 Oct 2019 01:59 PM
Posted By corinth926 on 29 Oct 2019 12:07 PM
Does anyone have any further information on the commissioning date(s)? I’m forward deployed so I’m trying to find out sooner than later so I can start planning when to come back stateside.

June 15th-ish - packages were due
Sept (1st week) - the board met
Oct (ealry/mid) - unofficial selections were sent to RO's
Oct (late) - official selection letters received via mail
Nov 1ish - official message
Jan 31st - recieve commission and DCO school date
April 24th - recieve assignments
April 29th - commission
hollow23

--
12 Nov 2019 02:13 PM
anyone get any info since the list came out. any alternates picked up? ha
SeanMM

--
16 Nov 2019 10:42 PM
The only thing I got was the letter of intent. I sent it back the same day I got it from my recruiter.
hollow23

--
18 Nov 2019 06:45 AM
Posted By SeanMM on 16 Nov 2019 10:42 PM
The only thing I got was the letter of intent. I sent it back the same day I got it from my recruiter.

ook.. I was called to provide a couple medical signatures last week.  So something is happening backdoor lol.
Guardman10

--
21 Nov 2019 09:23 AM
Regarding timelines and job selection.
During the accession process you will each work with CGRC on ensuring that they have all of the paperwork necessary to process your hire. It will be important that you are timely in your communications with them, especially on the actual commissioning date.
After the letter of intent, I think it was nearly 2 months until the next contact from CGRC. Be patient. It was challenging for those of us transitioning directly from Active Duty of another service.

I was a SEP2018 DCO selectee for PTMO. We had approximately 9 total DCSS & PTMO selectees and all were slated Response Ashore except 1, who was Prevention.
I had little to no contact with the detailer. Keep in mind that the detailer for each career field is working with hundreds of active duty officers. It is possible that you will get a potential list of available billets in February. We received 3 revised lists between January - April 2019. Ultimately it was very near the commissioning date before we knew where we were going. That said, last year's assignment season was challenging and delayed due to the shutdown.

Any DCSS or PTMO that have specific questions are welcome to PM me.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement