Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
September 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 22 May 2020 03:22 PM by AGasp. 241 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 9 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
maxtaylorsmith

--
22 Oct 2019 09:04 PM
@seanMM,

Hey man. What sub field of intel are you hoping to specialize? Do you know where billets are? Likelihood of getting training? How the negotiation process works? I figure you have some good gouge. Would love to hear from ya.
Guardman10

--
25 Oct 2019 11:29 AM
PTMO Selectees: Please feel free to PM me regarding the process from selection, to assignment, to accession, reporting, and DCO school. I was a prior ARNG O3 to O2 PTMO selectee for the SEP 2018 board. The PTMO path is not as straightforward as the DCA, DCE, DCIO career path.
SeanMM

--
25 Oct 2019 06:13 PM
I'm not on the Intel list. I am on the DCE list and hopefully I can get into cyber, project management, or cloud infrastructure. A bonus one would be getting into project management at the Coast Guards Research and Development unit. One of my cutter buddies made it through DCE and got R&D for his first unit as an ENS. I don't believe there is much of a negotiation processes when picking your first unit. The AO presents to all the selectees the choices you can pick from and you just list them all in order of priority and email it back. I believe they look at your choices compared to needs of the service along with your resume and wants that you may have listed in your memo. Again, I’m not going Intel so I have no idea how that world is but I am sure the processes is similar.
maxtaylorsmith

--
27 Oct 2019 04:35 PM
Sean,

That’s my bad. Thought you were intel. Thanks for the insight regardless. See u at school!
corinth926

--
29 Oct 2019 11:07 AM
Does anyone have any further information on the commissioning date(s)? I’m forward deployed so I’m trying to find out sooner than later so I can start planning when to come back stateside.
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
29 Oct 2019 12:39 PM
the timelines in the OJAK is really the only guidelines we have for estimated dates.  commission 4-5 months after panel.
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
29 Oct 2019 12:59 PM
Posted By corinth926 on 29 Oct 2019 12:07 PM
Does anyone have any further information on the commissioning date(s)? I’m forward deployed so I’m trying to find out sooner than later so I can start planning when to come back stateside.

June 15th-ish - packages were due
Sept (1st week) - the board met
Oct (ealry/mid) - unofficial selections were sent to RO's
Oct (late) - official selection letters received via mail
Nov 1ish - official message
Jan 31st - recieve commission and DCO school date
April 24th - recieve assignments
April 29th - commission
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
12 Nov 2019 01:13 PM
anyone get any info since the list came out. any alternates picked up? ha
SeanMM

--
16 Nov 2019 09:42 PM
The only thing I got was the letter of intent. I sent it back the same day I got it from my recruiter.
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
18 Nov 2019 05:45 AM
Posted By SeanMM on 16 Nov 2019 10:42 PM
The only thing I got was the letter of intent. I sent it back the same day I got it from my recruiter.

ook.. I was called to provide a couple medical signatures last week.  So something is happening backdoor lol.
Guardman10

--
21 Nov 2019 08:23 AM
Regarding timelines and job selection.
During the accession process you will each work with CGRC on ensuring that they have all of the paperwork necessary to process your hire. It will be important that you are timely in your communications with them, especially on the actual commissioning date.
After the letter of intent, I think it was nearly 2 months until the next contact from CGRC. Be patient. It was challenging for those of us transitioning directly from Active Duty of another service.

I was a SEP2018 DCO selectee for PTMO. We had approximately 9 total DCSS & PTMO selectees and all were slated Response Ashore except 1, who was Prevention.
I had little to no contact with the detailer. Keep in mind that the detailer for each career field is working with hundreds of active duty officers. It is possible that you will get a potential list of available billets in February. We received 3 revised lists between January - April 2019. Ultimately it was very near the commissioning date before we knew where we were going. That said, last year's assignment season was challenging and delayed due to the shutdown.

Any DCSS or PTMO that have specific questions are welcome to PM me.
maxtaylorsmith

--
18 Dec 2019 06:25 AM
Hey all,

Anyone hear from the Assignment Officer yet?
SeanMM

--
19 Dec 2019 02:37 PM
The C4IT (DCE) AO has recently posted a note on the USCG Portal page saying that O-3 and below aren't expected until March 15th. I assume we are lumped in with that. I am not sure if that means we can expect orders by then or receive choices. I know we are considered Mid-year and are looked at once they finish the O-5 billets; which I think they are wrapping up now. I wouldn't start holding your breath until after the holidays. I suspect we will receive further correspondence by Feb. Not sure if you have USCG Portal access or not but the OPM-2 page posts updates there. I think we are only half way through the "long wait." Hang in there.

-Sean
SeanMM

--
19 Dec 2019 02:42 PM
Oh and DA is going down very soon for end of the year documents to be posted for current USCG members. This is the system that the AO's use to send orders. With it being down I can see that holding up the last few O-5 orders. Definitely don't expect any form of correspondence until after the New Year.
maxtaylorsmith

--
19 Dec 2019 05:27 PM
Thanks Sean!! You are correct in assuming I have no portal access, still AD Navy. All info and updates are much appreciated!
corinth926

--
09 Jan 2020 06:57 AM
Just got my commissioning date. 27 APR, with DCO school on 28 MAY - 02 JUL. Sent to my civilian email.
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
09 Jan 2020 07:44 AM
congrats
maxtaylorsmith

--
09 Jan 2020 07:49 AM
Awesome! Are you DCIO?
corinth926

--
09 Jan 2020 09:25 AM
DCA.
maxtaylorsmith

--
09 Jan 2020 10:29 AM
I just got the same message. See u st school!
corinth926

--
09 Jan 2020 02:06 PM
Sounds good!
coastie719

--
10 Jan 2020 07:36 AM
got my email yesterday, same dates. DCIO. see yall at school.
SeanMM

--
11 Jan 2020 10:29 AM
It was nice having the silence broken. Now we just need to find out where we are going.
maxtaylorsmith

--
12 Jan 2020 06:11 AM
How are you guys gonna do your commissioning ceremony?
SeanMM

--
13 Jan 2020 01:18 AM
I'm in Guam so I am going to do my ceremony at the Marine memorial at Asan beach where the invasion was. Than later that evening I'm going to treat my department out for dinner at a local BBQ restaurant. I would choose a place that is significant to you and make it memorable. That of course is up to you. I know people who just did it at their unit or the recruiters office. Having a reception after is nice to make it memorable but its not necessary. One of my friends did theirs at a park and hosted a bbq right after. I would keep it simple. I take it your looking for ideas?

-Sean
maxtaylorsmith

--
13 Jan 2020 05:22 AM
Thanks for the input Sean. I think you have some great ideas and I’ll likely follow suit. I want to stay away from anything formal. Thanks again
SeanMM

--
22 Jan 2020 12:13 PM
Has anyone heard anything from their AO yet?
maxtaylorsmith

--
22 Jan 2020 04:13 PM
Negative. Anxiously awaiting!
AGasp

--
27 Jan 2020 10:37 AM
I have been following this thread since I started to apply for DCE, So I thank everyone who commented, the bits and piece of info I have picked up since its inception has been helpful. It's nice knowing everyone is in the same boat as me.

I was selected Primary for DCE, received the welcome letter and will commission on 27APR with school 28MAY to 02JUL like the rest of you guys. Excited about that, this has been quite the journey for me.

I was told that after commissioning, we will head to our first unit for approximately a month, then get TDY orders to New London, CT. Is this the same understanding everyone else has?

I am currently a practicing civil engineer for a private firm and notified my employers of my plans this past Friday. Told them straight up, they were receptive of the news but obviously stressed out to lose me. I gave them about 50 days of advance notice and told them I would help them find someone to fill my position. I am going to take about a month off to get my affairs in order prior to commissioning and hang out with the wife and kid before the long time away from them.

Any info is appreciated, I might need to adjust my last day depending on the info you guys provide me. Thanks in advance and see you at the school.

AG
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
27 Jan 2020 11:14 AM
Have any alternates for any program receive selection notification yet?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 9 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement