Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
September 2019 DCO Board
Last Post 14 Feb 2020 08:21 AM by corinth926. 109 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
maxtaylorsmith

--
27 Jan 2020 04:24 PM
@AGasp.

Welcome to the stress fest buddy! It sounds like you have an accurate expectation compared to what I have learned thus far!
AGasp

--
28 Jan 2020 08:57 AM
Thanks for the confirmation @maxtaylorsmith. It seems to me if we commission on 27APR, then have travel time to our units, it will be less than a month depending on our home of record and distance to our first unit. Either way, I'm standing by to stand by for the AO.
SeanMM

--
28 Jan 2020 10:15 AM
You are correct that with travel time you will have less than 30 days. We only have 30 days between commissioning and school. I am personally stressing out about this because I am currently stationed in Guam with my family. Nothing like scheduling military movers last minute. I may have to actually leave my family here to move on their own. It all comes down to when we actually receive orders. I have been talking with Officers that went to DCO school 6 months ago and they all told me they received orders about two weeks before commissioning. Hopefully we all receive our choices soon.
AGasp

--
28 Jan 2020 12:41 PM
@seanMM

If it is any consolation, I am leaving my family for the initial move and through OCS (my wife is a teacher and we both feel its necessary for her to continue through the end of the school year to provide continuity for her students during state testing season). I talked with our liaison, and was informed that scheduling the HHG move after we graduate is not an uncommon practice, albeit may be slightly tougher due to it being in the height of transfer season. I plan on doing a DITY move, so it should be easier. In your situation, being in Guam, you may not have any other option than going through government movers.

At the very least, holding off on the move until after graduation could be an option for you to consider. Everyone has a unique situation to navigate..

I plan on staying in a hotel for the first month at my first unit while looking for a permanent place. My thought is to not pay rent in two places, especially if no one will be there for 5 weeks of the lease.
maxtaylorsmith

--
28 Jan 2020 01:11 PM
I am going through the exact same process, but trying to sell a house. My wife and I are having a nervous breakdown. Best of luck to you guys.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
28 Jan 2020 02:22 PM
Bury a Statue of Saint Joseph, upside down, in your front yard.  It will sell almost immediately!  Honest, it works incredibly well.  Google it if you don't believe me!

Sector NY, Staten Island
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
29 Jan 2020 09:24 AM
@max tell them to pick me up and send me there...and youre good to go!! lol
SeanMM

--
31 Jan 2020 01:58 PM
Delete.
alaskacoastie85

--
31 Jan 2020 09:22 PM
Hey Sean when I Commissioned last year I was stationed in Alaska. Due to being overseas, I spoke with the detailer and my new unit (once I finally received orders) and was allowed to PCS AFTER DCO school. I went to school in May and graduated July 3rd, flew back to Alaska, did my TLA for 10 days, then drove from Anchorage to Seattle. I didn't report until the end of July. The detailers are pretty good with the OCONUS individuals especially with the delay in orders. 

Also once you submit your list, you will receive a personal phone call from detailer telling you where you are going before you get official orders. I received the call on a Friday and had the orders my Monday or Tuesday. 

~ Devin
SeanMM

--
03 Feb 2020 04:22 PM
Thanks Devin. I was really stressing the move from Guam. I think this might be the best option, however convincing the family is a different story. I think it all really depends on when we get orders. It is nice to know they will work with you on that. I hope we get our picks soon, this wait is killing me. How soon before commissioning did you get picks and how soon before commissioning did you get orders?

-Sean
AGasp

--
07 Feb 2020 01:03 PM
https://allhands.coastguard.dodlive.mil/2019/04/23/2019-coast-guards-professional-development-reading-list/

Anyone plan on knocking a few of these out before OCS?
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
11 Feb 2020 04:46 PM
Got the call today.. picked up from the alternate list.. yesslawd
maxtaylorsmith

--
11 Feb 2020 05:04 PM
Congratulations dude. Just saw your DM. Righteous. Hear from the AO yet?
SeanMM

--
11 Feb 2020 05:22 PM
Congrats man! You have been very patient lol.
AGasp

--
11 Feb 2020 10:06 PM
@hollow23
Awesome! See you at the schoolhouse! Has anyone heard from the AO? I am thinking beginning of March based off of the posts in the April 2019 DCO thread, it seems it was 6 months from the interview date.
SeanMM

--
12 Feb 2020 05:29 AM
I was looking through last years Sept DCO process and based off that we may receive picks Feb 24th. If I'm wrong I am returning my crystal ball I purchased at the exchange.

-Sean
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
12 Feb 2020 09:25 AM
i havent heard from an AO yet. hopefully soon. I have to get my affairs in order.. rent/sell my house get my mil to mil in order
SeanMM

--
12 Feb 2020 10:35 PM
I think Guam MIGHT be on the DCIO list. My unit was approved for an Intel Ensign and specifically want someone from direct commission. If anyone is interested in Guam PM me if you have questions about it.  

-Sean
bluepastures

--
13 Feb 2020 11:33 AM
Hey all, just joined the forum. I'll be at the 28MAY DCO school, coming over through PTMO.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and congrats again to Hollow23 for getting picked up!
corinth926

--
14 Feb 2020 08:21 AM
Anyone else having to redo their flight physical before the commissioning date? Mine is expiring before then and the recruiter called to tell me I have to redo the whole class 1A again. Kinda frustrating because it took forever the first time and I thought it was valid for a lot longer.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement