Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior service years and SRB
Last Post 27 Sep 2019 03:10 PM by jdhusker. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Robbinash88

--
20 Sep 2019 07:43 PM
    I want to find out how does re-enlisting work when you are prior service? What SRB would I be under if I have 6 years prior service years and 2 in the CG?
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    21 Sep 2019 03:58 PM
    You'll need to be sure that you have the appropriate reenlistment code on your 214 and aren't past the age cut off. That recently got bumped from 28 to 31. Additionally, I believe you cannot have more than a five year break in service. As for reenlistment bonuses, there are none

https://www.gocoastguard.com/active-duty-careers/enlisted-opportunities/participate-prior-service
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Robbinash88

--
    21 Sep 2019 06:45 PM
    I’m already in the coast guard, I’m looking at re enlisting so I am trying to see what SRB I would be under. When I joined I got a great bonus, there are a lot of bonus options.
    Trusted Member
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    AirDale13

--
    24 Sep 2019 09:21 AM
    And how exactly do you expect to get an answer if you don't even say what rating you are? The following message should answer your question. CAREER TIP: Learn how to find this information. You shouldn't rely on others to find it or even interpret it for you. Now that you have the info.....when you go to re-enlist you will be counseled on SRB and they will tell you if you get one or not or what the level is if you are getting one. Make sure it matches with what the message says because YN make mistakes. Since you're prior service I'll ask....have you had a SOCS (Statement of Creditable Service) completed? https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHSCG/bulletins/25d9021
    Robbinash88

--
    27 Sep 2019 06:44 AM
    My rate doesn’t apply to this situation. Thanks for the tip but I have exhausted all resources and posted on here just to see if my fellow prior service people have dealt with the situation. I have gone through many issues in my career due to being prior service and I know this won’t be the last issue. The information you provided me I already have, it has NOTHING to do with prior service reenlistment. Sorry you wasted your time looking something up that doesn’t help in this situation.
    CCCSD

--
    27 Sep 2019 09:03 AM
    Perhaps your attitude is what’s causing your problems.
    Lose it.

No one here gets paid to post, and people like you are a never a pleasure to help.
    Robbinash88

--
    27 Sep 2019 01:30 PM
    Looking For I formation from prior service members who have dealt with re-enlisting and prior service years effecting their SRBs
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    27 Sep 2019 03:10 PM
    Ask your Yeoman. If they don't know, which I doubt they will off the top of their head, they can do some digging and find out for you. Thats the Yeoman's job, or you can do a little digging through the manuals and find the answer too.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement