Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
March 2020 CSPI Applicants
Last Post 25 Mar 2020 04:58 AM by Olemanny. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Olemanny

--
09 Jan 2020 06:14 PM
    Hello current and future CSPI applicants. This forum is for conversation, the sharing of ideas, and to relieve some anxiety about the process. (For those who applied for the December deadline our board convenes in March)
    Adrian1

--
    12 Jan 2020 06:31 PM
    I applied.
    Olemanny

--
    13 Jan 2020 09:52 AM
    Awesome! What school are you attending?
    Adrian1

--
    13 Jan 2020 05:04 PM
    Send me a Pm
    Tatrot1

--
    14 Jan 2020 02:45 PM
    Officially signing off on my CSPI packet tomorrow since I just completed the interview. The application thus far has been a great experience for me and provided a great opportunity to truly reflect on my accomplishments, downfalls, and what I need to work on.
    I wish you all good luck — only a two and a half month wait or so to go!
    Olemanny

--
    14 Jan 2020 05:28 PM
    Posted By Tatrot1 on 14 Jan 2020 03:45 PM
    Officially signing off on my CSPI packet tomorrow since I just completed the interview. The application thus far has been a great experience for me and provided a great opportunity to truly reflect on my accomplishments, downfalls, and what I need to work on.

Hi Tartot, congrats my friend! I hope all went well with the interview. It has been a two year journey for me and I'm happy to be nearing the end... looking forward to a new start. What are you studying and what school do you attend ?
    Tatrot1

--
    14 Jan 2020 06:22 PM
    Posted By Olemanny on 14 Jan 2020 06:28 PM

Hi Tartot, congrats my friend! I hope all went well with the interview. It has been a two year journey for me and I'm happy to be nearing the end... looking forward to a new start. What are you studying and what school do you attend ?

Biology at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Being away from USCG bases has made the process a bit harder in terms of scheduling things because I have to fly everywhere — I ended up flying into Phoenix for MEPS and then over to California for my interview. 
    How about yourself?
    Olemanny

--
    14 Jan 2020 06:35 PM
    Posted By Tatrot1 on 14 Jan 2020 07:22 PM
    Posted By Olemanny on 14 Jan 2020 06:28 PM

Biology at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Being away from USCG bases has made the process a bit harder in terms of scheduling things because I have to fly everywhere — I ended up flying into Phoenix for MEPS and then over to California for my interview. 
    How about yourself?

Wow thats nice!! I have a friend in CSPI that goes to school in Vegas. I study Political Science at San Francisco State. How was the interview?
    Tatrot1

--
    15 Jan 2020 03:12 PM
    I thought it went well — I was definitely very nervous leading up to it. The officers (2 LTs and a LCDR) very welcoming and created an environment that was much more relaxed than I was expecting. Although the OJAK states they want the officers to create a friendly environment, I was still anticipating a rapid fire of questions like stereotypical interviews. One of the officers focused primarily on situational questions while the other two asked a mix of questions regarding my resume and general questions about myself.
    I’d say the only real issue I had was just stumbling on a word or two for a second on a couple of the questions — I think out of nervousness.
    Tatrot1

--
    12 Mar 2020 08:59 PM
    Anybody have any news?
    Based on the trend over the past few years, we should be expecting selection/rejection letters in about 2 weeks or so.
    Olemanny

--
    16 Mar 2020 05:18 PM
    Hi Tatrot,

We should be finding out this week. 
    Phone calls should be starting tomorrow.

(Although the virus may delay)
    Tatrot1

--
    25 Mar 2020 12:07 AM
    Received my acceptance call this past Thursday, but was informed that they’re not giving out any waivers this year for applicants more than 100 miles away from a USCG air station, sector, etc. and will have to transfer Universities.

I’m hoping you guys get good news!
    Olemanny

--
    25 Mar 2020 04:58 AM
    Hi Tatrot, Awesome news my friend!!! I also was accepted 😁!! I'm sorry to hear about your possible transfer. Would you like to pm?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement