Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
non coast guard leave
Last Post 06 Jun 2020 07:15 AM by kirkaland. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
12 Feb 2020 08:55 AM
    Hi.  I have a alot of leave days from my current service and would like to know what options do I have with my leave. Do I have to sell it or can I transfer it to the CG.
    kirkaland

--
    12 Feb 2020 11:02 AM
    It can be transferred. Make sure you go to the finance section at the place where you will out process and explain the situation to them. They should know what to do but you'll probably have to get them to ask someone else and they'll probably have a specific process they have to follow and information they'll need from you. Ultimately they have to put it on your DD 214 as a comment in the remarks section.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    hollow23

--
    12 Feb 2020 12:16 PM
    Thank you!
    SeanMM

--
    13 Feb 2020 05:18 AM
    I have heard from others to make sure it is also on your DD-214 just to be sure your leave days are accounted for. I believe there is an older thread on this site discussing this topic. Try the search bar, I stumbled on it months ago.

-Sean
    maxtaylorsmith

--
    14 Feb 2020 05:53 AM
    From Ms. Phillips at OPM....

If you choose to not exhaust your Leave before leaving your current Branch, you can carry it over to the CG. To carry over Leave from your current Service, please have your Command place your remaining Leave in the “Remarks section” of your DD 214 prior to departing.
    If by chance your Command does not include this information on your DD-214 all is not lost; once you arrive at your new CG Unit you can give your Personnel Officer (SPO) your Leave Balance Calculation Sheet and a copy of your LES so that the SPO can work with the Personnel Office in Kansas City to have your leave brought forward.
    CBR87

--
    20 Feb 2020 09:29 PM
    You got picked up then?
    s_86_d

--
    26 May 2020 07:02 AM
    Max leave you can transfer is 60 days. You cannot transfer more because (use/lose.) I transferred 60 days leave when I switched. I had to sell some because DOD wouldn’t let me take terminal leave. Hope That helps some.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    hollow23

--
    27 May 2020 02:24 AM
    Thanks
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    28 May 2020 10:15 AM
    Only going by hearsay as I had a big break in service so it didn't happen to me and I am too lazy to look it up at this point. I believe there is also a caveat that you cannot have a more than a 24 hour break between leaving your current service and entering the Coast Guard. If it goes beyond a certain time, the leave cannot be transferred over.

Again, hearsay but you may want to look into that so you transfer it correctly and don't lose it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    hollow23

--
    28 May 2020 01:21 PM
    Yea ive heard that.. i transfer the next day. No break n service
    SirDroopington

--
    03 Jun 2020 04:51 PM
    Hey all, I just got picked up for DCA, and I will have a break in service of ~4 months. Can anyone hook me up with a point of contact to get the final answer on whether I can transfer with leave days? Thanks!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Jun 2020 11:30 AM
    Your recruiter would have the best information. We have Yeoman in the CG, I'm sure your branch has an equal rating, you can reach out and ask them.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    kirkaland

--
    06 Jun 2020 07:15 AM
    It's my understanding that you will not be able to transfer leave with a break in service.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement