Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DEPOT PFT >30 Standards?
Last Post 21 Feb 2020 09:41 PM by Red. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NJS7x7

--
13 Feb 2020 04:35 PM
    I keep seeing fitness test requirements for recruits attending DEPOT who are over the age of 30 as 24 pushups, 35 situps, and a 13:36 1.5 mile run time on websites and mentioned here. However, I can't find any publication, or official USCG website that states this standard and all refer to the normal bootcamp standards for all recruits regardless of age. Where are these alternate requirements coming from?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    13 Feb 2020 06:50 PM
    Here is all I could find for fitness standards. I'll see if I can get a more updated source.
    https://bootcamp.coastguard.dodlive.mil/2013/08/22/physical-fitness-assessment-self-administration-guide/

MALES

AGE RANGE

PUSHUPS

SITUPS

1.5 MILE RUN

<30

12:51

30 to 39

13:26

40 to 49

14:29

FEMALES

AGE RANGE

PUSHUPS

SITUPS

1.5 MILE RUN

<30

15:26

30 to 39

15:57

40 to 49

16:58

Steven413

--
    13 Feb 2020 10:49 PM
    I've been training to prepare myself for the coast guard and I was wondering do I have to tread water a specific for 5 minutes or can I just stay straight in the water and float in place only moving my arms when I go to fill my lungs while keeping just my head out of water.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    14 Feb 2020 06:27 AM
    I did some digging and the table I posted above is accurate for DEPOT according to the Standard Operating Procedures for Recruit Training TRACENCMINST 1500.1J.

As for the trading water it simply says to float unassisted for 5 minutes, but just be prepared to tread water normally.

NJS7x7

--
    14 Feb 2020 10:15 AM
    Great detective work, thank you very much jdhusker!
    Red

--
    21 Feb 2020 09:50 AM
    Hey shipmate, as far as I know and have been told, there is no age chart. It's a strict minimum for example, women have to do atleast 15 pushups. I would encourage you to train for atleast the minimum for the youngest age listed. If it has changed then you'll still be good. Be mindful that you will have PT the day before you test so make sure tired muscles can still perform Are you heading to DEPOT in March of 2020 by chance? If so let's start getting together as a class: https://m.facebook.com/groups/2562949567293128?_rdr
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    21 Feb 2020 02:06 PM
    The table I posted above is correct. If you watch the video for DEPOT on the Gocoastguard website it states that the standards are based on age and gender. I also confirmed this information with staff at Cape May.
    https://www.gocoastguard.com/active-duty-careers/enlisted-opportunities/advance-through-training

These fitness requirements for boot camp are the standard boat crew requirements Coast Guard wide.

But Red is correct, you should train to for meeting the standards for the younger age group to ensure you can pass the test, never just train for the minimum requirement.
    NJS7x7

--
    21 Feb 2020 04:03 PM
    Posted By Red on 21 Feb 2020 10:50 AM
    Are you heading to DEPOT in March of 2020 by chance?
    Hoping to, but waiting on my qualified physical to transfer from one MEPS to another which can take any amount of time. Not worried about the PT test, sitting at ~40 push-ups, ~60 sit-ups and sub 8 min run pace. Not sure why they make prior Coast Guard go though as long as you can pass MEPS and height/weight + PT test.
    Red

--
    21 Feb 2020 09:41 PM
    Well hope to see you! If you find out you're going please join the fb page. A recent graduate said they had one which really got their class together, figured it was worth a go! Good to know on the age chart too, I had no idea that was being used.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement