Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
MAR 2020 DCO Panel
Last Post 03 Nov 2020 03:59 PM by CGWingsIhope. 121 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
Chief10mm

--
06 Jul 2020 11:52 AM
My guess is it would reset so you get a handful of oer's that are coast guard specific before you get looked at for O-4. I'm just an army warrant currently, but a good friend of mine transferred from the guard to active duty last year and he was already selected for O-4 in the guard but they reset his TIG as an O-3 once he went active. He has to wait that 5 yrs again before he gets looked at for MAJ, just my 2 cents.
Zeus89

--
07 Jul 2020 08:38 PM
Alternates heard anything yet? It should start happening soon

--
08 Jul 2020 05:18 AM
I'm toward the back of the DCE alt list, but yeah, nothing but crippling silence here.
CBR87

--
20 Jul 2020 11:05 AM
Nothing - I’m low on the alternate list for DCIO - so I’m not holding my breath. 

Already prepping a package for the September Board - but my current CC is making things difficult..........

SMH - as much as I’m not holding my breath - I REALLY hope I get the call :-/ 
Zeus89

--
03 Aug 2020 10:38 AM
Alternates from any program picked up yet?
one2none

--
03 Aug 2020 04:00 PM
Primary selects haven't heard anything either.
Chief10mm

--
03 Aug 2020 07:04 PM
Primary here, my recruiter reached out for additional medical documentation last week but that's about it. Hoping to see the assignment list soon and have an idea of where i'll possibly pcs to.
CBR87

--
18 Aug 2020 10:49 AM
Looks like nothing but silence across the board for alternates AND primary selects :-/

Still waiting here.
wannabeecoastie

--
30 Aug 2020 09:31 AM
For DCA applicants, what happens if you get selected as an alternate? I assume primary means you got the slot, but alternate? Does that mean they will pick you if one of the other primary slots pull out?
Chief10mm

--
01 Sep 2020 10:50 PM
I have some questions about transitioning from active duty army to coast guard (primary select here) and was hoping someone can message me directly to clarify a few things. Jut wondering the best way to handle terminal leave, should I cash it out or take it? And once we commission in th CG do we start getting paid right away or not until we report to our first duty station?
Aaron.Bensin.2012

--
03 Sep 2020 04:18 PM
I'm active army as well and I'll be transferring my leave over. It just needs to be annotated on your dd214 or have your final LES with your leave balance.
Chief10mm

--
05 Sep 2020 03:33 PM
Has your assignment manager with the coast guard reached out to you yet? I'm still waiting.
one2none

--
08 Sep 2020 02:01 PM
Posted By Chief10mm on 05 Sep 2020 03:33 PM
Has your assignment manager with the coast guard reached out to you yet? I'm still waiting.

No assignment officer yet but I did just get an email confirming class date and commission date. 

Chief10mm

--
08 Sep 2020 07:34 PM
Yah same here, got my welcome letter today.
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
10 Sep 2020 11:20 AM
take your leave.. I took 31 days with me.. it comes in handy when the holidays roll around and you look at your balance and have 2 days in there instead of 40.. I would take the leave forsure...

I just finished DCO.. course was okay.. nothing too stressful..COVID made it less fun than it should of been. we got liberty the LAST weekend with 2130 curfew and New London city limit boundary.. Munroe Hall is clean..small room.. good room service.. you will pay 970 bucks unless you have Government Travel Card activated.. you will also pay about 200-300 in uniform/tailoring charges.. another 400 for all hands and lunches at the O-club.. so have your finances in order before u arrive. 

Philosophy Panels at  the end were cool dont stress it. 
prior service members will be quite bored.. but its only 5 weeks.. lol..

Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
10 Sep 2020 11:22 AM
anyone with questions about DCO hit me up ill try and check the forum every so often
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
10 Sep 2020 11:23 AM
you will have a 14 day quarantine and u will have a roomate .. have fun
one2none

--
10 Sep 2020 12:24 PM
What was the normal day to day activities like?
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
10 Sep 2020 06:37 PM
first 2 weeks quarantine... PT first 2weeks 0500 540... class 0800 lunch 1130.. class till about 1530 1600.. free rest of the day.. but covid restricted to the base.. so mandatory diner at all hands at 1800.. for first 2 weeks.. after that diner is on you or u can continue to go to all hands.. pt test pre assessment week 2.. pt offical test week 3.. a bunch of classes and briefings..
Chief10mm

--
10 Sep 2020 09:22 PM
Do they let you do pt during the quarantine time?
Aaron.Bensin.2012

--
11 Sep 2020 09:49 PM
When you say we'll pay 970 for a room unless we have a government travel card, what do you mean?

Should I keep my current GTC active when I transfer over? It was a pain getting it in the first place and I don't want to go through that again.
Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
CPORJM

--
11 Sep 2020 10:35 PM
Posted By Aaron.Bensin.2012 on 11 Sep 2020 09:49 PM
When you say we'll pay 970 for a room unless we have a government travel card, what do you mean?

Should I keep my current GTC active when I transfer over? It was a pain getting it in the first place and I don't want to go through that again.

That may not be an option.  Typically you're required to surrender the card when you separate from service. Also, there's the possibility that the bank that DoD uses to issue it's cards may not be the same one DHS uses.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
Aaron.Bensin.2012

--
15 Sep 2020 09:10 AM
How does PCSing/household goods and acquiring my new ID card work for people transitioning from a different service?

I assume once we receive orders we can start working that issue. I'm hoping that I don't have to wait until I have my DD214 in hand IOT pick up my new ID card and initiate/request household goods movement through the website (can't remember the url) and then set up the appointment at my local transportation office.  
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
20 Sep 2020 02:49 AM
we did PT for the first 2 weeks together at 0500 on the field.. then after that it was whenever you can fit it around OCS and their schedule.. Covid restrictions have the gym hours very limited. so ppl just pretty much ran around base...base liberty most likely won't be granted until late in the course and after the multiple covid test results are back
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
20 Sep 2020 02:59 AM
I didnt come from the CG therefore my GTC from my prior branch was inactive.. Noone in our class had an active GTC so we all had to pay out of pocket for everything at the academy. uniforms room meals etc. 

If u are prior CG talk with ur unit and see if your GTC can stay active. Im not sure how that would work.  I am pretty sure when you move units you are required to get a new GTC account... So just be prepared to spend about 2K during the course 
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
20 Sep 2020 03:06 AM
your assumptions are pretty accurate.  It actually works just as you explained it.  you can't get another ID card until you commission. Once you have that you can work the rest. your new unit will assist you with the HHG info. once you get an assignment your YN will reach out and get HHG started for you.
Chief10mm

--
20 Sep 2020 02:45 PM
Did you have any pay issues after crossing over? That's my biggest concern.
urbj4513

--
21 Sep 2020 02:00 PM
Received word on my commissioning date but no word on the medical...what is the usual time between the medical and commissioning?
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
22 Sep 2020 05:18 PM
yes I had pay issues for about 2 months.. I was getting the wrong yrs of service on my pay. O1E with 4yrs instead of 9.. but I was back paid this past pay so all is well.. i also was automatically placed in the blended retirement.. which I had to change back to traditional..

--
27 Sep 2020 12:42 PM
So I'll be the guy to ask again, I know primaries got some notifications, any alternates know they were selected yet? feel like they might drop it on us a month before the class but its all rumors so idn if it happened already for some or not.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement