Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
reserve IV inquiry
Last Post 29 Apr 2020 01:04 PM by Vagabond86. 2 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Vagabond86

--
29 Apr 2020 10:52 AM
    Does anyone have knowledge of how reserve Investigators drill? Is it all in a row for the year or one weekend a month kind of thing? 

Background 
    I'm currently employed as a civilian police detective with over 11 years in civilian law enforcement. 9+ years have been in a high crime medium sized city in the midwest. My experiences range from a patrol officer, canine handler, SWAT member, and a detective.
    I also am currently enlisted in the Airforce reserve with my contract due to expire in August. I currently have a secret clearance. I have Army experience as well (I apparently have no loyalty). I am currently an E5 approaching 9 years of service, +2 years IRR. 

Does the CG reserve entertain prior service members joining directly as an IV? I was pursuing a position with OSI however the Airforce decided that those reserve agent positions would be filled by OSI AGENTS coming off of active duty, which is understandable. 

I should probably call a recruiter, but it is my understanding that CGIS recruits their own. I could be wrong. 

Thanks,
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    29 Apr 2020 12:16 PM
    Greetings... I sent you a PM. To answer the above questions:

Since you're working alongside the active duty CGIS agents, you will rarely, if ever, work on a weekend. You need to be sure your police department is good with you taking time off during the week. It's not uncommon to get a call/email from the active duty guys requesting you come in to assist with an investigation for a few days, or to assist with a protective service operation when the Commandant visits. There's a lot of flexibility in scheduling your drill periods and your two weeks active duty. It's up to you to make sure you get a qualifying year towards retirement.  Additionally there is a lot of opportunity for ADOS orders. This is usually to cover personnel shortages. This is a great way to gain experience and build up retirement (and Hilton Honors) points.

We've had many prior service come into the IV program. As for recruiting, thiings run a little different for IV's. First, you'll need to contact the office nearest you and see if there are even any vacant billets. If so, then you may want to set up a meet and greet. You'll need to visit the recruiter to ensure you meet basic qualifications to enlist the the CG Reserve. At that point, the ball gets tossed back to CGIS and they'll go through their hiring process. This includes a written exercise, oral panel, BG, poly, and final review by the Director. If all goes well, your recruiter will resume the recruiting process and schedule you for DEPOT.

As a final note, your professional background looks pretty solid

Regards
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Vagabond86

--
    29 Apr 2020 01:04 PM
    Thank you for the fast reply. I will call this week. My employer offers paid military leave to an extent and is flexible.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement