Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hey!
Last Post 30 Jun 2020 07:48 PM by jdhusker. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Naldo

--
21 Jun 2020 02:53 PM
    Hey everyone!

New to this site. 

Planning on enlisting in the USCG in July 2020!

Future USCG Chef!

29 years old.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Jun 2020 12:59 PM
    Welcome aboard! A good chef is important to every unit!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    22 Jun 2020 03:03 PM
    Welcome! Enjoy that $20,000 bonus! Taxed at 28% of course
    Naldo

--
    29 Jun 2020 05:57 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 22 Jun 2020 01:59 PM
    Welcome aboard! A good chef is important to every unit!

Thank you! I wish I would have joined years back, but better late than never. I can't wait to serve.
    Naldo

--
    29 Jun 2020 05:59 PM
    Posted By jdhusker on 22 Jun 2020 04:03 PM
    Welcome! Enjoy that $20,000 bonus! Taxed at 28% of course

Thank you! The bonus will definitely help - but what do you mean taxed @ 28%?

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    29 Jun 2020 07:35 PM
    I'm guessing your recruiter didnt mention that but 28% of the bonus goes to federal taxes. You are actually getting $14,400.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    30 Jun 2020 07:51 AM
    OH man! Debbie downer over there JD!
    I guess if we are going to get really technical about it, if you re married and your sole source of income is your military income, that bonus is not going to bump you into the next tax bracket and you'll get a good amount of it back come tax season. Even if you're single there is a good chance that your actual tax liability will be around 12% or so which would mean your net would be 17,600. Either way, the real win is joining an awesome service and gaining a great new family. Welcome and let us know if you need anything.
    Naldo

--
    30 Jun 2020 10:15 AM
    Posted By jdhusker on 29 Jun 2020 08:35 PM
    I'm guessing your recruiter didnt mention that but 28% of the bonus goes to federal taxes. You are actually getting $14,400.

Nope, recruiter never mentioned this. I appreciate the heads up. Thank you!
    Naldo

--
    30 Jun 2020 10:17 AM
    Posted By mkelly on 30 Jun 2020 08:51 AM
    I guess if we are going to get really technical about it, if you re married and your sole source of income is your military income, that bonus is not going to bump you into the next tax bracket and you'll get a good amount of it back come tax season. Even if you're single there is a good chance that your actual tax liability will be around 12% or so which would mean your net would be 17,600. Either way, the real win is joining an awesome service and gaining a great new family. Welcome and let us know if you need anything.

Appreciate the breakdown! I'm not joining for the money anyways, so any bonus is a plus. I'm looking forward to living up to my potential and serving my country. Thank you for the warm welcome and advice!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    30 Jun 2020 07:48 PM
    Posted By mkelly on 30 Jun 2020 08:51 AM
    Lol as a yeoman I just like to casually slip that in there before they ask me why they only got part of their bonus.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement