Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
November 2020 DCO Board
Last Post 12 Nov 2020 09:18 PM by AirRemy. 19 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
PendletonDCA18

--
07 Sep 2020 12:55 PM
    Greetings!

The purpose of this thread is to gather those waiting for the Nov 2020 DCO Board results.  It's also a location for candidates to provide updates or RUMINT (intelligence based on rumors) pertaining to the board results release date. I'm currently tracking "unofficial" results released to recruiters at the earliest late-Dec and more likely mid-Jan. 

As you find out your results, let us know so we can follow up with our recruiters.

Best of luck to all! 
    Pettusdw

--
    10 Sep 2020 04:50 PM
    Hello I’m a Army guy looking to get selected for the DCA program on this board. I have been following prior boards to see how many people get picked up, but I don’t know how many apply. I’m interested in hearing from everyone.
    PendletonDCA18

--
    13 Sep 2020 12:28 PM
    The OJAK provided selection rates, but hasn't been updated since 2016 (posted below). I'm interested as well, this is likely the first board where multiple applicants have developed a package after their airline dreams went on furlough. USMC Helo Drivers Aviation Bonus (AvB) just dropped $50,000 from last year to this year. I'm sure as manpower shortages stabilized the demand signal plummeted. Interestingly, there is still a restriction on Marine pilots (O-3 & Below) blocking inter-service transfers.

I saw the recent article lengthening Army service obligations from six years to ten. I'm not sure the Army is going to get the mileage they expect from that (IMO).

DCA:
    2012: 46.15%
    2013: 25%
    2014: 38.46%
    2015: 17.39%
    2016: 35.56%
    ford333

--
    14 Sep 2020 02:20 PM
    Thanks for making the thread. Looking forward to going on this journey folks. Wish everyone the best of luck!
    grizzlybear

--
    14 Sep 2020 03:08 PM
    Hey thanks for the thread, I'm a DCIO applicant. Looking forward to December/January! Best of luck to everyone!
    AirRemy

--
    06 Oct 2020 10:01 AM
    Thanks for making the thread! This is like my 5th time applying for DCE. Hopefully Ill make it this year! Good luck everyone!
    Pettusdw

--
    18 Oct 2020 12:55 AM
    Does anyone have a good idea when commission dates would be if pick up on this board?
    Pettusdw

--
    18 Oct 2020 12:59 AM
    Does anyone have a good idea when commission dates would be if pick up on this board?
    kirkaland

--
    18 Oct 2020 09:44 PM
    Posted By Pettusdw on 18 Oct 2020 12:59 AM

It's typically June/July of the following year.

--
    20 Oct 2020 04:28 PM
    The official message says: 04-21 DCO Application deadline:28 Sep 2020 Panel date: 30 Nov 2020 Commission/bootcamp: Apr/Jul 2021 DCO School: May/Aug 2021. The chart doesn't exactly line up on there, but commission around summertime. Good luck everyone, this is try #2 for me.
    Pettusdw

--
    20 Oct 2020 10:30 PM
    Thanks for this info. I’m just trying to make sure it will line up close to my ADSO date with the Army so they don’t have a reason to stop me from switching over if I get picked up.
    CGWingsIhope

--
    03 Nov 2020 03:43 PM
    I'm also waiting to hear back for the DCA portion of this board, from the Army. Good luck to everyone
    skaterfish

--
    09 Nov 2020 01:06 PM
    I applied for the DCA portion of the board as well. Current Navy H60 driver. I was told my recruiting office had 4 DCA applicants. Anyone else know how many folks you applied with? I haven't heard any rumors on when the results will be posted.
    CGWingsIhope

--
    09 Nov 2020 01:11 PM
    I know of four total, including myself, that are Army applying. I'm out east.
    skaterfish

--
    09 Nov 2020 01:16 PM
    Posted By CGWingsIhope on 09 Nov 2020 01:11 PM
    I know of four total, including myself, that are Army applying. I'm out east.

I am on the west coast. We had 3 army and 1 navy. Not sure how their hours/resumes compare to mine. I am just shy of 1600 hours in the H60 with 820 PIC time. Hit me up privately if you want to compare notes on how the process went for you. haha.
    skaterfish

--
    09 Nov 2020 01:18 PM
    Posted By Pettusdw on 10 Sep 2020 04:50 PM
    Hello I’m a Army guy looking to get selected for the DCA program on this board. I have been following prior boards to see how many people get picked up, but I don’t know how many apply. I’m interested in hearing from everyone.

The folks in my interview estimated it was going to be around 25% of the applicants get selected this round.
    Pettusdw

--
    09 Nov 2020 11:31 PM
    Did you apply in Washington state?
    Pettusdw

--
    09 Nov 2020 11:34 PM
    I applied in Washington state I think my recruiter said it was four of us for the DCA program. I hit all the gates but I may be the low man on hours. I’m just shy of 1000hrs.
    skaterfish

--
    10 Nov 2020 02:26 PM
    Posted By Pettusdw on 09 Nov 2020 11:31 PM
    Did you apply in Washington state?

Yes i did.
    AirRemy

--
    12 Nov 2020 09:18 PM
    Im applying to DCE and I heard a rumor that there is a TON of people applying this year. Can anyone confirm?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement