Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
November 2020 DCO Board
Last Post 26 Jan 2021 11:35 AM by PendletonDCA18. 95 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages Informative
Zeus89

--
11 Jan 2021 12:38 PM
I applied to the last board and we knew with 2 or 3 days to when we heard it was on his desk. We should definitely know by Thursday I would say; because then it is MLK and the inauguration
Zeus89

--
I applied to the last board and we knew with 2 or 3 days to when we heard it was on his desk. We should definitely know by Thursday I would say; because then it is MLK and the inauguration
Zeus89

--
Zeus89

--
11 Jan 2021 05:24 PM
First off, sorry for duplicate post. Dont know why that would have happened. Anyway, the acting DHS secretary just resigned!!!! Lawd!!!!
cgskibum

--
11 Jan 2021 05:30 PM
Unless he approves today, I’m guessing it may be a few weeks before we hear anything.
PendletonDCA18

--
11 Jan 2021 11:40 PM
Really appreciate the dialogue on this thread. Thank you for the RUMINT updates.
dig1848

--
12 Jan 2021 10:30 AM
Without knowing anything about the person, I would bet that a 'Pete' would come through over a 'Chad'.
Zeus89

--
12 Jan 2021 10:52 AM
So I am sure he has signed it or would sign it before leaving office - like I said it was a matter of two days getting it signed last board . It is literally just sitting somewhere. I really think we will hear today. Think about it, they don't want stuff he signed by released too late after his departure.
ford333

--
12 Jan 2021 12:00 PM
Posted By Zeus89 on 12 Jan 2021 10:52 AM
So I am sure he has signed it or would sign it before leaving office - like I said it was a matter of two days getting it signed last board . It is literally just sitting somewhere. I really think we will hear today. Think about it, they don't want stuff he signed by released too late after his departure.

Hope you are right.  I would love to tell the family and all my coworkers what is up.
gosox

--
12 Jan 2021 12:37 PM
has anyone heard anything from a recruiter in the last week other than, "very soon"? If this is unprecedented then I'm wondering what the buzz is
skaterfish

--
12 Jan 2021 01:10 PM
Spoke with my recruiter this morning. He said the DHS Secretary resignation has zero affect on the release of the results. The flow of paperwork will continue, regardless of who's signing it.
60-driver

--
14 Jan 2021 08:18 AM
Good morning! Is anyone else expecting this week still?
Zeus89

--
14 Jan 2021 08:21 AM
I really do not see how it can be any later than it is currently. This is absolutely maddening. I wonder if they are still trying to commission us in April. Like can we even get out of our services that fast?
60-driver

--
14 Jan 2021 08:48 AM
I’m not sure how the conditional release folks will have to handle it. I’m actually on a break in service. It will be tight for those who are separating from another branch though. Orders, clearing, more orders to PCS and then to attend DCO, etc. Hopefully we’ll hear today or tomorrow. I’ve been told that it’s usually on a Friday.
Zeus89

--
14 Jan 2021 09:08 AM
Hopefully today. Its a 4day for the DoD for MLK, unsure if CG does that
cgskibum

--
15 Jan 2021 12:39 PM
I thought today was definitely the day, but given the radio silence, my faith is slipping. Dearest Coast Guard keepers of information, please find it in your hearts to bestow upon us the results of the Nov. 30 board. We will be forever grateful, k, thanks, bye.
dig1848

--
15 Jan 2021 03:10 PM
I've received 5 email notifications from the ALCOAST/ALCGOFF (none about the DCO November Panel, though one had the subject "INTERNET RELEASE IS NOT AUTHORIZED"). So at the very least, that would suggest no MLK delays in getting info out today.
gosox

--
15 Jan 2021 03:15 PM
In the March thread someone posted the email almost immediately so I'm holding out hope that, if that is the DCO November Panel email, someone will post it here
RealQuick

--
16 Jan 2021 08:27 AM
If dont have access to the portal, you wont be able to see the message when it comes out because it releases in ALCRECRUITING. I'll post the message as soon as it releases assuming its authorized for internet release. I check the portal daily.
skaterfish

--
16 Jan 2021 11:31 AM
@realquick is a real American hero
60-driver

--
19 Jan 2021 04:22 PM
Spoke to the recruiter today and was told that the wait would likely take another month due to covid and the inauguration. His source was the officer program coordinator. Hopefully someone else hears something better!!!!!!
PendletonDCA18

--
19 Jan 2021 10:52 PM
Hmm. That is highly unfortunate if true.
skaterfish

--
19 Jan 2021 11:53 PM
*surprised pikachu face*
ford333

--
20 Jan 2021 11:02 AM
Posted By 60-driver on 19 Jan 2021 04:22 PM
Spoke to the recruiter today and was told that the wait would likely take another month due to covid and the inauguration. His source was the officer program coordinator. Hopefully someone else hears something better!!!!!!

That is unfortunate, yet thank you for the word.  When the Spring panel came out it only took a month and COVID was still fresh then.  Hopefully we get an answer sooner rather than later.  

Loving the communication on here folks,  and I am glad everyone is staying positive on these matters.  
FallenTX

--
20 Jan 2021 11:26 AM
Spoke with my recruiter last week and am even more confused now. He said it didn't go as high as the secretary so that would have no effect. But that he called his contact at CGRC, who is the guy that handles the direct commissions, two weeks ago or so and was told that the selections are sitting on some admirals desk waiting to be reviewed, since he likes to look through them, and that's the last signature they need. That being said, he said it could be another month still.

So, for whatever that's worth, just seems so inconsistent and I just want to know. It's hard enough trying to plan life around not knowing without the extra wait time that nobody can seem to account for.
CGWingsIhope

--
20 Jan 2021 07:28 PM
Well the current acting DHS Secretary David Pekoske is a retired USCG Vice Admiral, so here’s hoping he takes care of CG business while he has the seat!!
Zeus89

--
22 Jan 2021 10:49 AM
My recruiter essentially told me to calm down and that the results aren't late (I have applied before and results, according to OJAK take 4-6 weeks - they took 4.5 last board). Clearly nothing has been formally pushed out to recruiters as an issue - I hope it isn't another month.
FallenTX

--
25 Jan 2021 10:23 AM
--Double Post--
FallenTX

--
25 Jan 2021 10:24 AM
Posted By 60-driver on 14 Jan 2021 08:48 AM
I’m not sure how the conditional release folks will have to handle it. I’m actually on a break in service. It will be tight for those who are separating from another branch though. Orders, clearing, more orders to PCS and then to attend DCO, etc. Hopefully we’ll hear today or tomorrow. I’ve been told that it’s usually on a Friday.

I just went back in the forum and looked at the last board release dates for DCO and they were Fri, Thu, Wed, and Mon. So pretty much all over the place. Really hoping this is the week though. If you discount 2 whole weeks for holidays and DC craziness that would put this week as the sixth in that 4-6 window and I doubt that they would want to wait until February with an April commissioning. Fingers crossed!
gosox

--
25 Jan 2021 11:30 AM
@FallenTX that provides some statistical relief. I hope we hear today!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement