Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
November 2020 DCO Board
Last Post 26 Mar 2021 12:45 PM by YoYo. 195 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 7 << < 23456 > >>
Author Messages Informative
AirRemy

--
26 Jan 2021 02:27 AM
Well, I was checking the announcements from the previous years to see how much time they took to release the results in the past. The results for Oct 2017 were released March 2018 that's 5 months so its very possible for them to take way more time. I really, really hope I'm wrong and we see the results this week. Good luck everyone!
Zeus89

--
26 Jan 2021 02:58 AM
Not to argue with you, more to provide hope- the candidates knew their results in December and started the process at that point. The official message was just never posted on the portal until that March
AirRemy

--
26 Jan 2021 04:43 AM
I prefer what you say to be what is happening right now. I just want to know already so I can start planning. The reason for my post was to point out the they might take longer than 6 weeks based on that board.
PendletonDCA18

--
26 Jan 2021 09:24 AM
Thank you to everyone who continues to contribute to this discussion thread.
dig1848

--
26 Jan 2021 09:37 AM
Yesterday, the ALCOAST released an alert about an action that was taken on 1/11. According to other RUMINT in this thread, 1/11 is the same date the panel results were on the desk for final approval. Another post indicated that it typically takes 2-3 days from the date that the results are placed for final approval to the date of release. If the timeline for the news alert is in any way related to the timeline for the posting of the DCO results, then we should hear today or tomorrow. See my work here: https://imgflip.com/memetemplate/92084495/Charlie-Conspiracy-Always-Sunny-in-Philidelphia.
PendletonDCA18

--
26 Jan 2021 10:35 AM
Solid work. Obviously a DCIO applicant.
Zeus89

--
28 Jan 2021 02:06 PM
Has anyone heard anything from their recruiter?
cgskibum

--
28 Jan 2021 02:13 PM
Radio silence...maybe tomorrow we get lucky (but, I’ve been telling myself that daily for three weeks now)?
skaterfish

--
28 Jan 2021 02:16 PM
My recruiter told me he was optimistic about the first week of Feb but to remain in the holding pattern for now.
RealQuick

--
28 Jan 2021 05:29 PM
Still no message on the portal, they released the DCPA results but no DCO results.
Zeus89

--
29 Jan 2021 11:47 AM
So a GOP filibuster was blocked to slow the nom of the new DHS secretary. Meaning, the vote to confirm him should be Monday. Although, we don't know if that is what is holding the release up. Is it because it hasn't been signed (because there was time to) or is there another issue? If he is confirmed this coming week, likely we could hear results that same week
ford333

--
29 Jan 2021 11:58 AM
The LTjg promotions were released recently. If they are doing promotions with an active secretary, I'd hope officer accessions would not be dependent upon the new secretary getting the job. But I'm just a dude speculating...
cgskibum

--
29 Jan 2021 12:18 PM
Monday will be 9 weeks...I’m starting to feel a bit pessimistic here.
skaterfish

--
29 Jan 2021 12:31 PM
I asked my detailer about this and he said any news/drama/confirmation delays regarding the DHS secretary has zero effect on the results being released. We just have to be patient!
FallenTX

--
02 Feb 2021 01:23 PM
Posted By skaterfish on 28 Jan 2021 03:16 PM
My recruiter told me he was optimistic about the first week of Feb but to remain in the holding pattern for now.

Hope he’s right. Cuz I’m getting real close to a boot camp ship date if we don’t hear soon!
skaterfish

--
02 Feb 2021 01:33 PM
Same here! I am scheduled to deploy 1APR if I don't get picked up.
FallenTX

--
02 Feb 2021 01:41 PM
Hah. 23 March here. Come on good news!
UH-60Driver

--
05 Feb 2021 09:22 AM
First week of FEB coming to a close, anyone have an Expected Further Clearance time for our holding pattern?
skaterfish

--
05 Feb 2021 01:23 PM
If our recruiters don’t even know what’s going on, I don’t know who does. Someone fly to DC and get a SITREP for us.
skaterfish

--
05 Feb 2021 01:23 PM
If our recruiters don’t even know what’s going on, I don’t know who does. Someone fly to DC and get a SITREP for us.
cgskibum

--
08 Feb 2021 09:02 AM
What are the chances that we are experiencing something similar to the March 2018 DCO results, where selectees have already been notified and the message is just delayed?
FallenTX

--
08 Feb 2021 09:09 AM
Posted By cgskibum on 08 Feb 2021 10:02 AM
What are the chances that we are experiencing something similar to the March 2018 DCO results, where selectees have already been notified and the message is just delayed?

Doubt it. Spoke with my recruiter on Friday. He called his contact at CGRC again cuz he has multiple packets and some guys in the army currently and it’s still sitting on an admirals desk he says. Something about the process that he’s not happy about. Not sure. But between his three applicants one of us would have heard something I assume. Said it should be any week now (not new). 
But he said he can’t imagine it wouldn’t be this month with the April commissioning. So for what that’s worth. 
Zeus89

--
08 Feb 2021 09:48 AM
Doesn't like the process?!?!?! Seems weird thay it would be investigated at this juncture. The results have been finalized correct? He isn't going to just throw them out and we have to start over?
FallenTX

--
08 Feb 2021 11:01 AM
Nah, I doubt it. Seems like he’s just double checking and scrutinizing more than typically. I didn’t want to pry and it seemed more like an off hand comment so I wouldn’t put too much stock in it.
Zeus89

--
10 Feb 2021 07:59 AM
Anyone hear anything? I just find it hard to believe that even the recruiters are kept in the dark
FallenTX

--
10 Feb 2021 08:01 AM
Nothing here. But I’m going to my recruiting office to swear in tomorrow so I’ll see if he has anymore details than what he’s told me. Not expecting him to though.
usmchopeful

--
10 Feb 2021 09:20 AM
My recruiter knows nothing as well. I just wanted to share that I appreciate everyone who’s been posting in this thread. It’s helping to keep me sane knowing others are in the same boat. Especially since my recruiter has no information
Zeus89

--
10 Feb 2021 09:57 AM
So I did just see that this morning that they released a messege to ALCOFF 017/21 about Officer Intergrations. These are folks that had temp and reserve commissions and are appointed to integrate into regular appointments (which is what we will all have to do after 3 years) - if I am understanding correctly. I am hopeful that the delay has to do with things needing to happen before our results can be released (i.e., seeing how many people are getting out etc). I would think that message explains the delay and hopefully means the ball is moving forward. Does that make sense to any coasties in this forum?
FallenTX

--
12 Feb 2021 07:36 AM
So what I got while at the recruiter yesterday was CGRC sent an update on the boards. They were off the admirals desk and enroute to the DHS Secretary’s office for signature. And to stop asking. So apparently all of the recruiters have been bugging them non-stop about it. So good news

Bad news is that apparently the selection rates were really low for this DCO round. Officer retention is up across the board so they didn’t need as many spots filled. So best of luck and hopefully now that it’s moving again it won’t take long at the Secretary’s office.
Zeus89

--
12 Feb 2021 07:48 AM
Thank you so much for that update. Maybe they will get it pushed out today before the holiday. Now that it is moving, I would think it may come out today or at least within the next week
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 7 << < 23456 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement