Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
SRDC for a Police Officer
Last Post 17 Mar 2021 04:54 PM by CPORJM. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mk9989

--
16 Mar 2021 12:19 PM
    Hi All, 
    I recently decided to apply for SRDC this year. I’m also a police officer full time. To my understanding, recruiters have told me that previous military experience is not necessary. But are there any POs who have gone through SRDC and can give me their experience? Is basic training still necessary? My goal is to be an officer in the reserves. Have a couple MOS in mind 
    BrayneG

--
    16 Mar 2021 05:12 PM
    There are plenty of police officers that have been through SRDC, I know several. You are correct that you do not need military time to apply now, though I do believe you need to have a degree.

Acceptance in SRDC means you don't need to attend boot camp, the Reserve Officer Candidate Indoctrination is the replacement for boot camp, and does mirror basic training in some ways.

I am a little confused by your questions, so want to clarify - there are no MOS's in the reserve officer corps in the Coast Guard. We have jobs that fall under specific labels like Enforcement, Logistics, etc. These are not available to everyone and will depend on where you are placed after selection as to what specific jobs are available. These jobs generally rotate every couple of years. It can be very difficult to stick with one type of job and be successful with advancing, the CG wants to see a full breadth of experience in their more senior leaders.

If you are talking about being an officer in the CG as in police officer, there are "MOS" that match that on the enlisted side. These are called "rates."
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CCCSD

--
    16 Mar 2021 05:47 PM
    You WILL also have to drill wherever the Unit is at. You could live in CA and your Unit is in MA. Be prepared for that. You won’t be jumping on crooks on the high seas...
    Mk9989

--
    16 Mar 2021 09:03 PM
    Hi, thanks for the response. I sent you a message.
    Mk9989

--
    16 Mar 2021 09:04 PM
    I know the RCD can be a problem, I promise you I didn’t decide on coast guard because of the viral video of the drug bust. I sent you a message
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    17 Mar 2021 04:54 PM
    Posted By Mk9989 on 16 Mar 2021 10:04 PM
    I know the RCD can be a problem, I promise you I didn’t decide on coast guard because of the viral video of the drug bust. I sent you a message

Just make sure you're comfortable with the idea of going outside the RCD and that you can afford to do so (all travel is on your dime, though you can write it off on your taxes).   A friend of mine made warrant officer several years ago and had to travel from SoCal to Boston for two years before a local billet came open. Another friend was commissioned through SRDC and had to go to Alameda (SF Bay area) to drill.  He's now travelling to Honolulu to drill.
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement