Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello!
Last Post 29 Nov 2008 06:29 PM by wepprop. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member / Administrator
chukles

--
23 Nov 2008 02:59 PM
    Good day,

My name is Chuck, I am Active Duty in the USCG. Currently I am a recruiter in Columbia SC.
    I am an AET1.

I have served in the Military for the last 23 years. I started out in the USAF in 1985 and switched to the Coast Guard in 1993.

My reason for posting to this website is to help those who are interested in joining by providing accurate information concerning the process. If you are interested in joining and have questions, post them and I will do my best to answer them.

Some of my posts you will find to be very pointed. On a daily basis as recruiters, we hear I was told, or he said I could get around it, etc. I try to stop that from happening.

If I reply to a post and it offends you, that is not my intention! Sometimes things need to be said that people do not like to hear. Feel free to PM me if you have an issue with my posts as public boards are not the place to argue!

Look forward to interacting with all of you!

vr,

www.gocoastguard.com

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 11/25/2008 9:09:04 AM GMT

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    23 Nov 2008 03:03 PM
    Chuck, I have found your posts excellent and have learned much in the answers you share with others.

Thank You!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    chukles

--
    23 Nov 2008 03:10 PM
    Thanks Catpkyguy.

I try to keep on point and give the most accurate information I have.
    I look forward to posting with you!

www.gocoastguard.com

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    XShipRider

--
    25 Nov 2008 10:45 AM
    It is always nice to have an expert in current recruiting affairs aboard. I think I speak for many when I say, "Please stick around for a long time."

Welcome.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Newcoastiewife

--
    27 Nov 2008 02:35 AM
    How do you like SC? I would love to live in one of the Carolina's!!!

Cassie
    Proud wife to my high school sweet heart, my hero, my MK, my Coastie-Marshall!
    Married 06-12-05
    Graduated Boot Camp Oct 10th 2008
    Yorktown, VA for MK A School on Nov 17th 2008-Feb 20th 2009
    Proud mama to my first baby Miss Mae! Born 06-24-08

Cassie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    southernbelle

--
    28 Nov 2008 03:59 AM
    Nice to meet you Chuck! My husband and I are from SC, hubby is from the Charleston/Hilton Head area and I am from Columbia (Go Cocks!) My husband actually signed up with you guys and went through your recruiting office :-)

•·.·´¯`·.·•Sarah•·.·´¯`·.·•

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"-John Lennon

Proud wife of Petty Officer Fox
    Port O'Connor, TX

•·.·´¯`·.·•Sarah•·.·´¯`·.·•

"I'll get by with a little help from my friends"-John Lennon

Proud wife of Petty Officer Fox
    STA Port O'Connor, Ombudsman
    chukles

--
    29 Nov 2008 04:28 AM
    Thanks to all the replys!

South Carolina is nice but we fell in love with Kodiak Alaska! We are looking to get back that way soon!

Southernbelle, thats cool. IT is interesting how we work with individuals very in depth for a periods of time, but the minute they ship, we are no longer needed! Hope hubby is doing well, have him drop us a line and say hello!

www.gocoastguard.com

stumpkiller

--
    29 Nov 2008 05:07 AM
    Hello,

Retired TS "Originally Sparks". Living in Phoenix AZ and looking to keep in contact with old and new shallow water sailors!

Where is a good place to get started? Forums to join?

Joined in 1978 so I guess you could call me an "Old Salt" at 50!?!?!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Larry "stumpkiller" scool

mark ret costie

--
    29 Nov 2008 12:35 PM
    Hello all,
    My name is Mark Tolles, I am a retired costie, with 20 years in the Coast Guard, I just found this web site. I have been stationed on bouy tenders(5 to be excact, both old and new), 110' patrol boats, 378' cutters, shore stations, and spent my lat 3 years as a recruter. During my time in the Coast Guard I was stationed on both the east coast and the west, I also was stationed in Hawaii for 8 years. Been to Alaska and many places in the pacific (Guam and Samoa) I am a Golden Shellback.
    I feel I have a lot to offer anyone thinking of entering the Coast Guard or anyone who is newly in and might have questions. please post to me here or to my email address mark_emt@hotmail.com
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    29 Nov 2008 05:41 PM
    stumpkiller said...
    Hello,

Retired TS "Originally Sparks". Living in Phoenix AZ and looking to keep in contact with old and new shallow water sailors!

Where is a good place to get started? Forums to join?

Joined in 1978 so I guess you could call me an "Old Salt" at 50!?!?!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Larry "stumpkiller" scool
    Stumpkiller you may find this forum very interesting as well http://community.coastguardchannel.com/ 

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    29 Nov 2008 05:43 PM
    Mark, welcome and thanks for the open invite for questions, I am sure many will take you up on it.

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    29 Nov 2008 06:29 PM
    stumpkiller, you definitely need to talk to XShipRider! You two prolly have a few things in common. Check out his post at the bottom of this thread for a brief synopsis of his career that he posted recently.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement