Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
November 2021 DCO Panel
Last Post 23 Jan 2022 10:31 PM by JP391190. 75 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
JP391190

--
21 Jan 2022 09:12 AM
Unsure of how he knows you made it. I was told by my recruiter by law they are not allowed to release any knowledge until results are published.
jnf2k2

--
21 Jan 2022 09:30 AM
So i was an alternate last board and I found out from my recruiter 2 weeks before results were published. It seems recruiters are contacted first and given the "unofficial" results.
JP391190

--
21 Jan 2022 09:32 AM
what were you going for? And if he found out "Unofficially" then our recruiters should find out unofficially as well you would think
jnf2k2

--
21 Jan 2022 09:44 AM
DCIO and yes, they should.
JP391190

--
21 Jan 2022 09:49 AM
copy! well if he heard lets hope we here something today then lol.. might be a good sign
GoldenFlasher

--
21 Jan 2022 03:04 PM
Talked to my recruiter today; quiet on all fronts.
GoldenFlasher

--
21 Jan 2022 03:04 PM
Talked to my recruiter today; quiet on all fronts.
JP391190

--
21 Jan 2022 09:56 PM
hmm...maybe buddy should have the recruiter look our names up lol....its been two months already sheesh
jnf2k2

--
22 Jan 2022 08:34 AM
Just sharing my 2 cents this morning. The last board in May picked up all the DCL applicants, no alternates. So it's possible he was told he made it unofficially because his recruiter heard that all DCL applicants got picked up again. Meanwhile, back at the bat cave, all the other programs are still being figured out.
Basic Member
Basic Member
hollow23

--
22 Jan 2022 12:57 PM
I was on this panel a couple yrs back.. results usually come out by end of the month. I have a few friends on this board as well I've been checking. recruiters don't have results yet..as of Friday.. I also was told that CG was releasing panels out of order for some reason.. like OCS is typically after DCO release but it went out of order.. good luck to all.. once that list drops everything moves pretty fast.. if ur from another service good luck to u lol shit was a nightmare PCSing and getting leave transfered
GoldenFlasher

--
22 Jan 2022 01:20 PM
I've been advised to burn all my leave if I were to get in 😂
JP391190

--
22 Jan 2022 07:08 PM
yo yo...is it really hard to get the leave transferred over? I have like 71 days of leave lol... I dont want to burn it all.... and by your logic maybe that means end of January!!?? hopefully.... prayers everyone's recruiter finds out next week. Def need results to hurry im trying to re up my AF contract lol rather extend my DOS to the DCO School date lol
GoldenFlasher

--
22 Jan 2022 08:20 PM
My understanding is that DCO course would start on 1 AUG or so. I have a similar amount of leave. I'm told you *can* transfer leave, but it can get really messy and if it's not done just right it ends up getting sold.
JP391190

--
23 Jan 2022 01:17 AM
hmmm august.. ok..and well i hope they give specific instructions on how to do so I wouldnt want to sell my leave if picked up
freebird67

--
23 Jan 2022 11:06 AM
All,

As an applicant to the last two (Nov 2020 & May 2021) DCA boards I have spent more than enough time searching for patterns from previous results. If you find this info helpful here is what I've found. Again, this only applies to the Direct Commission Aviator program.

April 2018 Board (14 Primary Selectees, 3 Alternate)
Board Held - 23 April (Monday)
Results Released - 03 July (Tuesday)
Days until results released - 71 days

September 2018 Board (8 Primary Selectees, 2 Alternate)
Board Held - Unknown (Probably 03 September [Monday] or 10 September [Monday])
Results Released - 16 October (Tuesday)
Days until results released - 36 or 43 days

April 2019 Board (13 Primary Selectees, 3 Alternate)
Board Held - 15 April (Monday)
Results Released - 03 June (Monday)
Days until results released - 49 days

September 2019 Board (5 Primary Selectees, 0 Alternate)
Board Held - 16 September (Monday)
Results Released - 17 October (Thursday)
Days until results released - 31 days

March 2020 Board (6 Primary Selectees, 1 Alternate)
Board Held - 27 April (Monday)
Results Released - 29 May (Friday)
Days until results released - 32 days

November 2020 Board (1 Primary Selectee, 9 Alternate)
Board Held - 30 November (Monday)
Results Released - 25 February (Thursday)
Days until results released - 87 days

May 2021 Board (3 Primary Selectees, 10 Alternate)
Board Held - 24 May (Monday)
Results Released - 09 July (Friday)
Days until results released - 46 days

November 2021 Board (XX Primary Selectees, XX Alternate)
Board Held - 08 November (Monday)
Results Released - TBD
Days until results released - TBD

Days of the week results were released.
Monday - 1
Tuesday - 2
Wednesday - 0
Thursday - 2
Friday - 2

Key Takeaways:
- 2020 saw a significant shift in the number of primary vs alternate selectees. Prior to 2020 there were a larger number of primary selectees and few alternates. Post 2020 there have been a few primary selectees and a lot of alternates. This potentially indicates that the Coast Guard is anticipating picking up a larger number of primary selectees however, this has yet to materialize.

- Results appear to be released randomly. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays have the greatest odds for receiving results however, that can change with future boards. Additionally, results tend to take between 30 and 90 days with fall boards taking longer.

As far as leave goes, the 4 people I know who have made the transition from another service to the Coast Guard said your options are to:
1. Use all of your leave
2. Sell it
3. Keep it
4. Or a combination of any of the above

If you want to keep your leave you must ensure the amount being rolled over is annotated in the remarks section of your DD 214 and yes, it may take some correction after you transition.

Hopefully, this helps. Good luck everyone.
JP391190

--
23 Jan 2022 10:31 PM
Man well fingers crossed we here something this week!!!!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement