Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Problems with recruiter.
Last Post 20 Sep 2005 12:20 PM by ScrubbaDuck. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rmbum42

--
23 Jun 2005 08:00 PM
    Has anyone experienced a general lack of professionalism, such as neglecting to return calls or a general lack of interest of the recruit while dealing with their recruiter?
    HeatwaveDave

--
    06 Jul 2005 07:07 PM
    my recruiter kind of left me hanging a took off for california 2 weeks before i left for basic training and basically shoved me to his partner...and when i would call him the conversation would go as follows
    -hi this is john doe
    (computer clicking)
    -oh hi how are you bud? how is bennington (where i live)
    (more clicking)
    -how's work atthe vets home?

basically he would use the info in his computer to make itsound like he remembered stuff about me...LOL
    heySOOSE

--
    12 Jul 2005 12:57 AM
    YES, as a matter of fact I joined this forum specifically to start a thread such as this. My mother and step father both retired USCG one a Senior Chief and one a Lieutenant. It took them 24 years to convince me to join and finally I decided to go for it. The recruiter I finally got a hold of in the office is a petty officer. At first I thought it was weird because they were always tough to get a hold of in the office, always to the voicemail, every time. Then what I noticed was that he never returned my calls. He sent my asvab paperwork in a timely fashion, but it took over a week to get my results back. He told me I could get a guaranteed A school for IT, turns out there's a year waiting list and they are over billeted, my mother works in the headquarters in DC and was asking around. Then I continuously tried to get a hold of him to schedule my meps applicant physical, but he would never call back. I started working a day job that made it to where I couldn't call the office during their hours, since I knew I wasn't going to get a call back I had my father try to get a hold of him at the office during the day, just to get the physical time. He gave my father a day, but not a time or a location. Finally it was 2 days before the physical (which I took today) and I still had not heard anything from him or gotten any information. I emailed his chief and got a response real quick, but of course his chief was protecting his man "oh I'm sure he wouldn't give you false information just for you to join", but I found out where to go. So I go today to MEPS for my physical and my unprofessional recruiter was my liason. I was the only applcant for the CG there for the physical, the other two guys and one girl were shipping tomorrow so they were there for their second physical. Once I passed my physical and went in to sit down and talk business with him, he had the nerve to tell me that it doesn't look good to have my father call for me since I'm 24. I told him the only reason was because he never returned calls, he claimed to call one day and said that the answering machine wasn't working (which is a lie in itself), and finally I heard my first message from him yesterday afternoon, the day before the physical and he still didn't say where and when i was supposed to be. I'm very dissapointed in this and don't know what to do about it, any suggestions? [/rant]

-_-Jesus-_-<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 7/12/2005 2:02:05 AM GMT

bermis519

--
    19 Jul 2005 06:47 PM
    Well you are getting a lot farther then i am, i can't get a hold of anyone period, are they on vacation or something?! It's actually getting annoying but it's the only branch that i really want to get into, but it kinda makes  you wonder because you can't get a hold of anyone!!!

Mike
    nwcoastiewife

--
    19 Jul 2005 09:19 PM
    The recuriter that my husband had was great, I will tell you that it is best to go direct to the recuritment center. The CG doesnt have a min to bring in like all the other services. The best thing to do is to go to the office in person. This is a great branch of the service, they do things alittle diffrent. If it were not war times  the Army, Navy and so on would be just a diffcult to get a hold of. In short the CG wants to see just how hard you will work to get what you want. This is a self supervised service and you will not be babysat like in other branches.
    Firebat

--
    24 Jul 2005 05:46 PM
    I agree that taking initiative is a good thing, but to arbitrarily make it more difficult for you to get anything done is an absolute CROCK! I am completely sympathetic for anyone who has had or is having this problem with recruiters because I went through it myself back in '89. They are notorious for this kind thing and there is no excuse for it.

~Firebat~

scrello

--
    23 Aug 2005 02:36 AM
    Looks like I am in the same boat as everyone else. I'll swing by the office tomorrow and see if there really is one there. Otherwise I'll have to give a different state a call.
    ScrubbaDuck

--
    20 Sep 2005 12:20 PM
    keep in mind that recruiting is basically closed right now... I think I heard a year long wait to get in. Our recruiters are very busy men and women, with a job that is out of rate...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement