Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I want to join the reserves but...
Last Post 03 Mar 2009 12:21 PM by KG.88. 6 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tmoore2010

--
20 Feb 2009 10:42 PM
    I live too far away. I live in Greenville, SC and it's 197 miles away from Charleston, SC. Is there a loophole somewhere, or can some one advise me on an alternative? I really want this but it sems to be an impossibility. I cant move yet either as I have just signed a new lease and my wife works in Greenville. Please help.
    cbaird7

--
    21 Feb 2009 12:21 AM
    Call a recruiting station. I beleive there is a waiver you can sign.
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    21 Feb 2009 12:40 AM
    Have you spoken to the office in Charleston? They handle the reserve mission for South Carolina. Reserves must be able to have a reasonable commuting distance. This is generally listed as 50 miles. You can request a waiver if you are close to the 50 mile line, but a waiver will not be approved for a distance like that. (I am the Recruiter in Charge out of the Columbia Office).

While the Coast Guard will probably not be in the near future, Have you checked with the Navy? They have reserve units in our area I believe.

vr,
    Chuck

www.gocoastguard.com

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    KG.88

--
    02 Mar 2009 07:07 PM
    see it's funny my recruiter told me that there wasn't any jobs avaliable in the reserves which is the reason why i chose to go for active.. which i mean is still a better gig now.. but.. idk... i hear about ppl talking all the time about reserves...

Shipping out for Basic December 8th

KG.88

--
    02 Mar 2009 07:08 PM
    see it's funny my recruiter told me that there wasn't any jobs avaliable in the reserves which is the reason why i chose to go for active.. which i mean is still a better gig now.. but.. idk... i hear about ppl talking all the time about reserves...

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    02 Mar 2009 08:43 PM
    KG, in my opinion, active duty in the coast guard is the way to go. we have a few reservists at the place i was just at and to be honest, its so hard for them to get qualified since they are only there one weekend a month. it takes two full weeks at our place just for watchstander....that being said.....you might be looking at 7 months just to stand watch. if you can go active duty, i suggest it.

SN Levesque, Michelle
    STA Southwest Harbor, ME
    Future BM

KG.88

--
    03 Mar 2009 12:21 PM
    ya i'v pretty much already made my decision to go active.. iv already gone through most of the process.. so now it's just to wait because some of my mep's stuff got screwed up... so i got to go back up and then hopfully everything will be all set ... see its like i said b4 i'd love to be close to home in new england.. but obviously you can't pick and choose so you take what you get..

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement