Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Maritime Enforcement Officer
Last Post 05 Dec 2009 12:07 AM by Potato2. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
josegrande2000

--
18 Jun 2009 07:09 PM
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any idea when the billets for Maritime Enforcement Officer (ME) would be available for new reserved recruits.

Thanks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    hawaiicg

--
    18 Jun 2009 08:15 PM
    They are not positive right now. We just halted recruiting for PS billets and we are waiting for word on what is going to happen with ME.

tzajac

--
    06 Oct 2009 11:01 PM
    from what i understood from my recruiter. As of now he does not believe that the ME rating is going to pertain to the reserves. Is this true. I know there are many rumors, because its soo early in the fiscal year. Im going to meps on the 19th for physical and asvab. Any input would be great.
    thanks
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 Oct 2009 11:05 PM
    Double check that with your recruiter.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    tzajac

--
    06 Oct 2009 11:15 PM
    thanks... will do ill give him a call this week. From what i understood (or Misunderstood) he said that cg put out what they had for this fical year (reserve mission) in regards to jobs and ME was not one of the ratings i know MK OS YN are open as of now. If anyone has info for CT i'd appreciate it.
    thanks all
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    macmac

--
    12 Nov 2009 08:05 PM
    The ME rating will be pertaining to reservists. Not sure exactly on the billet structure for reserves but my guess would be sectors and stations. Possibly at some Coast Guard Police Departments. Most personnel in the PS rating will be moving over to the ME rating. The PS rating will be no more. I do know it will be a long wait for people wanting to go ME who don't have their name on an A school list. They are only taking 48 people for 2010 and 2011 who knows. Good luck.
    Rexie

--
    13 Nov 2009 04:15 PM
    tzajac said...
    from what i understood from my recruiter. As of now he does not believe that the ME rating is going to pertain to the reserves. Is this true. I know there are many rumors, because its soo early in the fiscal year. Im going to meps on the 19th for physical and asvab. Any input would be great.
    thanks

The ME rating will pertain to reservist. Our son is heading off to BC in February and then off to ME A school in June. It seems he was one of the last to get into the June class, so he is really excited about that. Good luck with your physical and ASVAB.
    tzajac

--
    14 Nov 2009 08:12 PM
    thanks,
    i actually went to meps two weeks ago, breezed through the medical and did fairly well on the asvab from what i was told. My recruiter told me that i qualify for all the jobs in my area CT. BUT there is not enough information on the ME rate and that i can try for it, but it will be a long wait. As it stands im going for OS.
    thanks for the input
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Potato2

--
    05 Dec 2009 12:07 AM
    I just got a call from my recruiter this morning and he said there was an ME opening and he was going to try and get me into it...he said that I'd have to wait until 2011 to go to A school though. So, recruiters might just be filling them as they come along...

In love I was created and in love I hope to die

Heading out to bootcamp May 4th :)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement