Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Moved from Recruiting form "April 7"
Last Post 04 Apr 2009 01:51 AM by WPFix. 25 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FlTroy

--
11 Mar 2009 01:35 AM
    Hey all!!

Just got my ship date the other day and was wondering if any one else on here is leaving on the 7th of April.<!-- Edit -->

Moderator Edit : 4/4/2009 12:41:35 PM GMT

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    11 Mar 2009 01:43 AM
    Congrats, April 7 is just around the corner...Enjoy!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    FlTroy

--
    11 Mar 2009 01:52 AM
    Thanks I am ready to go.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    11 Mar 2009 11:29 PM
    April 7th here as well. Where are you coming from? Michigan here.

Wayne
    Future Coastie
    Shipping for Basic Training April 7th, 2009!
    Life long paintball player. Everyone needs a hobby!

Wayne
    Station Washington, Washington DC
    Graduated Lima-181, 29MAY09
    FlTroy

--
    11 Mar 2009 11:49 PM
    Florida. Hope its somewhat warm when we get up there. lol
    California Kid

--
    11 Mar 2009 11:52 PM
    Congrats! I would love to be able to get in for April 7th still waiting though to hear back for a Meps date.
    best of luck.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    13 Mar 2009 03:53 AM
    Troy, it will probably be cooler than you are used to. According to the Weather Channel, for Cape May in April, average high is 60, average low is 43. So expect lows in the 30s and highs in the 70's when we get there.

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    WAcraig

--
    20 Mar 2009 08:58 PM
    I'm flying out April 7th too and coming from WA. Looking forward to it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    24 Mar 2009 01:48 AM
    Well, my name is Wayne, and Troy will be leaving that day too. I'm getting excited, and my wife is a nervous wreck, how about you?

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    WAcraig

--
    24 Mar 2009 04:36 AM
    I starting to get real excited, less than 2 weeks now. I'm just trying to memorize the general orders and do as many pushups as I can lol. My mom is from MI, Cadillac actually.

My name is Craig btw.
    Mikey

--
    24 Mar 2009 01:43 PM
    It's damn cold today in NY boys!!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Mar 2009 01:54 PM
    It's 34 & sunny today in Cape May... I don't know I would consider that damn cold. I think the 6" of snow and 22 was a whole heck of a lot colder. 34 is balmy! :)

Foxtrot-181 Graduation 17April2009

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    24 Mar 2009 02:25 PM
    We were in Cape May for graduation March 20th and it was so freekin cold! We had a 10 minute walk in gale force winds and sleet. It really sucked. I couldn't feel my face, hands or feet by the time we got to breakfast. By the time graduation came along, it warmed up a bit but not much! I don't think it was so much the cold - it was the wind that just cut right through ya!! I guess it could have been that being from Hawaii, our blood has thinned out a tad..... ;)

Proud Mom of Cactus Blossom
    Seaman Kribell, Heather
    Graduated March 20, 2009

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mrhott

--
    24 Mar 2009 03:37 PM
    Rainy and cold this weekend so D181 graduation can be good next weekend.  Nothing against Charlie Company, just looking for great weather next week.  The bite of the wind coming across the cape will make it feel a lot colder also. 

Proud Father of Delta 181 Recruit
    Graduation 3 APRIL 2009

"Life should not be  journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaining -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"

Proud Father  of FS3 Hottinger, Kaeli
    USCG Cutter Mellon WHEC 717 Seattle, WA

"Life should not be  journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaining -- WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    25 Mar 2009 01:41 AM
    Wow, its been 10-20 degrees warmer here in MI. I would have thought Cape May would be warmer since it's a bit further south, Oh well. Not like I have not dealt with the cold the last 6 months.

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    FlTroy

--
    26 Mar 2009 11:38 PM
    Hey guys 12 days and counting! Starting to get REAL anxious to go. Hopefully they get a warm front lol. Its around 85 and ive been on the beach every day. Been doin a lot of push ups, sit ups, and been swimming every other day with my old beach patrol. But cant wait to meet you guys!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    27 Mar 2009 07:12 PM
    I'm getting excited myself. I have been busting my butt and dieting to make sure I get my weight down. The pushups and sit ups I have down. I am not too worried about the swimming, I have always been a strong swimmer, I'm more worried about my run. But I am sure the CCs can help me with that, haha.

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    WAcraig

--
    29 Mar 2009 12:06 AM
    It looks like we're going to be Lima-181.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    31 Mar 2009 05:04 PM
    One week to go guys, how's it feeling?

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    FlTroy

--
    02 Apr 2009 03:59 AM
    Exhausting... lol. Slowest week of my life.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    02 Apr 2009 01:00 PM
    Actually going be pretty quick for me. Probably because I am trying to get so much done before I leave. My friends are dragging me out for one last day of paintball as a free man this Sunday, and then its go time!

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    FlTroy

--
    02 Apr 2009 02:50 PM
    I've been doing a lot too... My Girlfriend had me go up to her college on monday and got home last nite, the days are fast and tiring but the nites suck! I lay dawn at a decent hour then all of a sudden its 3 or 4 and im stilll goin a mile a minute. Im up by 8 or 9. The only nites i sleep are when i go out to a bar or i take a sleep aid. I just want tuesday to get here.
    cg/ast/sp

--
    02 Apr 2009 03:10 PM
    i wish!! good luck!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    02 Apr 2009 05:34 PM
    Do you do any running or anything to get in shape? I set my alarm for 730 even if I hit the snooze button alot. Going for a nice long walk at a brisk pace (2-3 miles) will tired you out too. Do that sometime in the late afternoon and by 9 or 10, you will start to feel tired. I normally take my dog with me. He passes right out soon as we get home, haha.

I just hope the wife doesn't spend all of our tax return money while I am gone, lol.

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    FlTroy

--
    02 Apr 2009 06:17 PM
    lol... I go running, gym, mountain biking. Its not like im not exhaused at nite, its I just can't sleep because im anxious. Tax money? Whats that? haha that was spent before i even saw that.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    WPFix

--
    04 Apr 2009 01:51 AM
    Hah, this is the first return I have gotten in the last 5 years.... So yeah, anyway, I bought a nice GPS, a few small things for the wife, and the rest went in savings for furniture when we move.

Wayne
    Future Coastie

Wayne
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement