Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Florida Street Sign
Last Post 02 Oct 2011 12:26 AM by potassium. 20 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
wepprop

--
02 Apr 2009 10:24 PM
    Just because a sign says something, doesn't always mean you should do it...
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    03 Apr 2009 03:24 AM
    Not even too sure I would want to be in the middle of that road...YIKES

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BuckHijo

--
    03 Apr 2009 06:26 PM
    Great picture, I received this from a family member the other day. Along the same lines as this sign, my brother lives in a rather nice neighborhood in the Sarasota area and instead of like a "Duck Crossing" sign he has "Alligator Cross" signings.

I am Bound 4 Life.....are you?
    www.bound4life.com Check it out.

FN Buckson CGC Dallas
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    06 Apr 2009 10:52 AM
    Haha, you have no idea how many times I've seen gators lined up like that. Take a trip across Alligator Alley from Naples to Ft.Lauderdale lol. We had an accident not too long ago where a Tractor Trailor hit a gator so big that it flipped the rig and killed the driver...crazy

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    COASTIE_CLEMENTINE

--
    07 Aug 2009 07:01 PM
    omgosh...that was funny. I remember all the gators or were they crocs? anyways when I was in seabrook island, South Carolina...scary critters

~Semper Paratus~

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    23 Aug 2009 08:17 PM
    Gators. Crocs are lighter in color with thinner snouts. That's also fresh water behind them. A little tid-bit of trivia for yaz while I'm at it.....The brackish water estuaries in Florida Bay is the ONLY place in the world where Alligators and Crocodiles co-exist :-)

- So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    23 Aug 2009 08:38 PM
    Hahahaha... that is some awesome photoshop!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    COASTIE_CLEMENTINE

--
    24 Aug 2009 04:01 AM
    You really think its photoshop..

~Semper Paratus~

~Semper Paratus~

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    24 Aug 2009 05:01 AM
    I know it is photoshopped. Look at the sign, its resolution is horrible compared to the rest of the picture. Also, how many signs have you seen with that font? Also, how would a biker possibly move to the side of the road?

I'd imagine the sign said something similar to: Croc Village 10 miles
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    COASTIE_CLEMENTINE

--
    24 Aug 2009 07:15 AM
    I thought this sign was funny.

http://www.nickvail.com/blog/roadtrip/images/20080802_0007.jpg

~Semper Paratus~

~Semper Paratus~

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    24 Aug 2009 02:37 PM
    hahaha, that is a good one.

On my old old computer I had a bunch of signs saved somewhere. I remember a "Dick's Halfway Inn" and an emergency road sign that was taking up a lane of traffic that said, "YOU'LL NEVER GET TO WORK ON TIME!"
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    24 Aug 2009 03:59 PM
    Just in case you wanted to speed in a construction zone.....here's FDOT's safety monitor lol

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Aug 2009 04:05 PM
    CSAYank said...
    Just in case you wanted to speed in a construction zone.....here's FDOT's safety monitor lol
    I like it Yank!

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    24 Aug 2009 04:24 PM
    Great White Shark, Farallon Islands
    This is a famous HOAX photo...but quite funny.
    http://www.sfbayadventures.com/helicopter_sharks.html

10AC4ME

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    COASTIE_CLEMENTINE

--
    24 Aug 2009 06:10 PM
    hahaha, oh man, that'd be so terrible if it were true

~Semper Paratus~

~Semper Paratus~

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    24 Aug 2009 07:28 PM
    csyank....

loved it. will have to show my truck driving husband. he will get a hoot out of it.

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    OS A-School
    Petaluma, Ca

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Aug 2009 02:50 AM
    That would be just like fly fishing and teasing the trout into a frenzy...just a little bigger fly and more powerful rod and reel and a more terrifying frenzy...lol

Kyle

In his life changing name God Bless!

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    17 Sep 2009 09:11 PM
    In line with the aligator sign - I had to add this as it reminded me...please note - no hating - I am occasionally blonde myself.......

A young blonde woman was driving through Southern Louisiana while on vacation. She wanted to take home a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way, but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking.

After becoming very frustrated with the attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the young Blonde declared, "Well then, maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator and get a pair of shoes for free!

The shopkeeper said with a sly smile, "Well little lady, why don't you go on and give it a try?" 

The blonde headed off to the swamp, determined to catch an alligator. Later in the day, as the shopkeeper is driving home, he spots the same young woman standing waist deep in the murky water, shotgun in hand. As he brings his car to a stop, he sees a huge 9-foot gator swimming rapidly toward her. With lightning reflexes, the Blonde takes aim, shoots the creature and hauls it up onto the slippery bank. Nearby were 7 more dead gators, all lying belly up.
    The shopkeeper stood on the bank, watching in silent amazement. The Blonde struggles mightily and manages to flip the gator onto its back. Rolling her eyes heavenward, she screams in frustration,
    "CRAP - THIS ONE'S BAREFOOT, TOO!"

Proud Mom of FS3 Kribell, Heather
    USCGC Hamilton - San Diego 

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 9/17/2009 2:14:24 PM GMT

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ltate

--
    18 Sep 2009 10:37 PM
    We love barrel monster here in Raleigh. He initially appeared down on Hillsborough Street in front of NC State back in March, I think it was, and apparently the police made some sort of connection to the guy who created him.....he's an artist and has done that type of thing before.....so they promptly arrested him for larceny. He swiped the barrels from a construction company. He was also charged with "damage to property". He ended up getting sentenced to community service. He's saying he might make another barrel monster sometime but this go around, he'll buy the barrels instead of "borrowing" them. lol I guess he has a huge following on facebook.

Laurie

PacificCoast

--
    20 Jan 2011 06:00 PM
    Great posting and pictures. I think they are 'shopped but that's just me. It's pretty hard to believe that these are legit.

Avionics
    potassium

--
    02 Oct 2011 12:26 AM
    Reminds me of the "bear crossing" signs off hwy 19 in Florida, between Homosassa and New Port Richey. Wish I had pictures. A high school friend of mine has a picture (probably in a box somewhere) of a deer that looks like it's taunting the bear crossing sign.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement