Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 12
Last Post 10 May 2009 10:17 PM by PennieAnnie. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
03 Apr 2009 04:52 PM
    Whos lucky day does the 12th belong too.

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Justice0910

--
    04 Apr 2009 03:31 AM
    So ready to go and looking forward to this journey! Shipping out from North Carolina. My name is Justice.
    Proud Coastie serving his country! Currently stationed at Brant Point Nantucket, MA - *ROMEO 181 12MAY09-02JUL09*
    Lanimaia

--
    06 Apr 2009 06:58 PM
    I'm shipping out may 12th from Florida...
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    06 Apr 2009 07:07 PM
    Godspeed and enjoy the journey!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    06 Apr 2009 07:08 PM
    Justice0910 said...
    So ready to go and looking forward to this journey! Shipping out from North Carolina. My name is Justice.
    Justice, is that you in the firefighting gear in your picture?

Justice0910

--
    07 Apr 2009 02:17 AM
    Yup that's me on the left! Been a Volunteer Firefighter since 2005.
    Proud Coastie serving his country! Currently stationed at Brant Point Nantucket, MA - *ROMEO 181 12MAY09-02JUL09*
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 Apr 2009 02:25 AM
    Justice0910 said...
    That's awesome! Just be sure to let them teach you what they want you to know about firefighting in week six and absolutely when at your billet. Don't go around telling them how to do it or try to show off what you know already. Make it look like you really paid attention to their instructions when performing your skills or test knowledge.

Nothing worse then a rookie telling the instructors or senior firefighters that we did it this way or that way or I know how to do that....arrgh!

Justice0910

--
    07 Apr 2009 03:52 AM
    Captkyguy said...

Justice0910 said...
    That's awesome! Just be sure to let them teach you what they want you to know about firefighting in week six and absolutely when at your billet. Don't go around telling them how to do it or try to show off what you know already. Make it look like you really paid attention to their instructions when performing your skills or test knowledge.

Nothing worse then a rookie telling the instructors or senior firefighters that we did it this way or that way or I know how to do that....arrgh!

Training is a never ending thing for a firefighter and I'm glad I've had such great instructors over the years at the fire academy I've attended that let me know that, so I look at this as a totally great thing to have more training thrown at me. I promise you I wouldn't be that cocky to just start mouthing off to any instructor about what I know, that's just asking for trouble. Note taken for sure though! Thanks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Also from the pics I've seen the coast guard uses MSA brand SCBA's. I've only ever used Scott brand SCBA so that will be a little different if so, but not a huge deal to get use too.<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 4/7/2009 4:53:08 AM GMT

Justice0910

--
    07 Apr 2009 04:13 PM
    Lanimaia said...
    I'm shipping out may 12th from Florida...

What's your real name Lanimaia and what Career path you heading in? I'm going the path of Damage Control (DC). I do believe our class will be Romeo 181!
    skatemore

--
    08 Apr 2009 04:02 AM
    shipping out may 12 here also.. from NC. can't wait.
    Justice0910

--
    08 Apr 2009 04:22 AM
    skatemore said...
    shipping out may 12 here also.. from NC. can't wait.

Awesome! Which part of NC are you from? Did you go to Raleigh, NC MEPS?
    freddyboy34

--
    09 Apr 2009 03:58 PM
    Shipping out the 12th as well...heading out from Harrisburg, PA...names Travis
    Justice0910

--
    10 Apr 2009 01:39 AM
    freddyboy34 said...
    Shipping out the 12th as well...heading out from Harrisburg, PA...names Travis

Short trip to boot for you it looks since you live in PA! Welcome Travis.
    skatemore

--
    10 Apr 2009 04:50 AM
    i'm from greenville, nc. but down in GA right now with some family.
    i went to meps in raleigh back in december.
    what part of NC are you from?
    name is raymond btw.
    Justice0910

--
    10 Apr 2009 05:47 AM
    skatemore said...
    i'm from greenville, nc. but down in GA right now with some family.
    i went to meps in raleigh back in december.
    what part of NC are you from?
    name is raymond btw.

I live in Raleigh about 5 minutes away from MEPS. Moved here from TN about 6 months ago since alot of family moved to NC in the last couple years.
    Justice0910

--
    16 Apr 2009 01:17 AM
    Less than four weeks to go now people! I cannot wait! Counting down the days!!! Oohrah!

Boot Camp Date May 12, 2009.
    Future (DC) Damage Controlman

skatemore

--
    17 Apr 2009 10:56 PM
    same here.
    you have you general orders memorized yet?
    our grad date is july 3rd right?
    Justice0910

--
    18 Apr 2009 01:02 AM
    skatemore said...
    same here.
    you have you general orders memorized yet?
    our grad date is july 3rd right?

Ya I have all the required knowledge that was in the Helmsman down packed. No idea of the exact grad date just yet, but its gotta be that Friday or the week after. yeah

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    01 May 2009 04:03 PM
    Just found this fourm. My son is shipping out on May 12. We're from Beeville, TX just south of San Antonio. I'll try to get him on the forum also, he's on everything else, myspace, facebook, twitter, etc. It's going to be a tough 8 weeks without the computer, but I know you'all can tough it out. Good luck.
    Proud Mom to SN Lueders - "Mom" to FN Coover - Soon to be AET's
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    01 May 2009 05:58 PM
    Welcome texascgmom glad you found us!

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 May 2009 12:09 AM
    Another Texas mom & Coastie! Texas is making a few of them these days! I'm from the DFW area... welcome aboard Texas! :-)

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    05 May 2009 12:53 PM
    Hello Everyone~
    My son is leaving next Tuesday as well....he posted here as Freddyboy...
    I have been reading this site off and on since last October, as he was originally to be part of T-180, but had a medical setback on ship day, so here we are! Anxiously awaiting clear sailing next Tuesday.
    Good luck to those starting out....And enjoy this week with loved ones!
    I look forward to joining in this close knit group...as this site is quite addicting and fun to read....
    God Bless~
    Wendy
    Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    05 May 2009 04:56 PM
    PennieAnnie said...
    Hello Everyone~
    My son is leaving next Tuesday as well....he posted here as Freddyboy...
    I have been reading this site off and on since last October, as he was originally to be part of T-180, but had a medical setback on ship day, so here we are! Anxiously awaiting clear sailing next Tuesday.
    Good luck to those starting out....And enjoy this week with loved ones!
    I look forward to joining in this close knit group...as this site is quite addicting and fun to read....
    God Bless~
    Wendy
    Hello wendy,

Very addictive and fun glad to have you aboard!

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    05 May 2009 05:55 PM
    Welcome Wendy,

My son is getting so excited and nervous!!! I understand the medical setback thing. My son has a friend that is joining the CG. Went to MEPS and was told he has to wait until July to get clearance on a surgery he had in January. Bummer!!! They were looking forward to going to bootcamp together. Tyler decided to go ahead with his plans and his friend will be going to bootcamp this summer, hopefully. Where are you from? Tyler's hoping that there will be some more Texas guys and gals going on May 12th.

Tina
    Justice0910

--
    05 May 2009 05:59 PM
    Last week till we start our journey!!! I am so psyched for this to begin!!!! yeah

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    05 May 2009 09:53 PM
    Thanks, glad to be "on board"...
    We are from PA, west of Philly....short journey for us! The waiting game was rough, so we know how your son's friend feels.....but we are of the mindset that all things happen for a reason. We were very happy to have the extra time with our son through the holidays and all. Now we are looking forward to this new chapter in his life. He is ready...and excited. Good luck to Tyler and tell his buddy to hang in there, good things come to those who wait!...Enjoy this week with your son...

Wendy
    Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA
    skatemore

--
    07 May 2009 05:58 PM
    went in to sign my contract yesterday. looks like we have 5 people shipping out from raleigh.
    i'm stoked that its FINALLY time to go. going to hit up all my favorite resturants this weekend. probably put on a good 5-10lbs before i leave.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    07 May 2009 06:02 PM
    Will this company be Quebec-181 or Romeo-181?
    Justice0910

--
    07 May 2009 06:48 PM
    texascgmom said...
    Will this company be Quebec-181 or Romeo-181?

Pretty sure we will be Romeo-181 yeah

Justice0910

--
    07 May 2009 06:50 PM
    skatemore said...
    went in to sign my contract yesterday. looks like we have 5 people shipping out from raleigh.
    i'm stoked that its FINALLY time to go. going to hit up all my favorite resturants this weekend. probably put on a good 5-10lbs before i leave.

Yup 5 from Raleigh!! Seeya Tuesday Skatemore.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement