Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Age Requirements...
Last Post 24 Apr 2009 03:28 AM by JoeTee. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RichieRichNY1

--
14 Apr 2009 08:01 PM
    Hi All,
    New to this board.  I am 29 years old, with no prior military. Can I still get into the reserves? I saw on the coast guard website you can be up to 39.  Don't know if this has changed.  I also read on the coast guard website that you can go active and be 32 years of age if you qualify for guaranteed "A" School.  Any help would be great.  Thanks.

-Rich
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    15 Apr 2009 02:18 AM
    i went to boot camp in december when i was 29, and my 30th birthday was 2 weeks into bootcamp. i am active duty coast guard because i have a bunch of college credits with an AS degree. it can be done, you need to discuss this with your recruiter. i did not have guaranteed A school by the way and no prior military experience as well. good luck to you!

ATON - D13

RichieRichNY1

--
    15 Apr 2009 02:32 AM
    I just faxed back an application to the recruiter today. He said that I was too old to enlist. I have a Bachelor's of Science in Business. I am also scored high on the ASVAB. Additionally, I am a New York State certified EMT/volunteer firefighter. Was hoping these would help. I don't think I would get in anyway, since my weight is too high. I gained way too much muscle from the years of weight lifting. Try as I may, I can't drop the weight.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Apr 2009 12:39 PM
    You probably weren't DQ'ed because of age since that would be completely incorrect. But if you are even 1 pound over the mx weight for your height, that is something the CG just will not bend on. Best of luck.

If you can guess when he'll graduate, you are a step ahead of me at this point!  Keep plugging Colin!

Sector NY, Staten Island
    RichieRichNY1

--
    15 Apr 2009 02:40 PM
    Just got an answer back and they are not hiring reserves in the NY area.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    15 Apr 2009 04:01 PM
    So uberchris - did they call you grandpa in bootcamp? I have a friend in AirForce Reserves bootcamp who is 35 (she's a police officer in her real life!) and everyone in bootcamp (including the cc's) calls her grandma! She is almost 2 times everyone else in age and even older than some of the cc's!!!

Proud Mom of Cactus Blossom
    AKA Seaperson Kribell, Heather
    FS A School Petaluma

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    16 Apr 2009 03:51 AM
    of course they did, but i didnt catch HALF as much sh*t from my shipmates as i did my CCs, they gave me hell. we had one in our company who was prior service and was 31, so luckily i had someone who was my senior

ATON - D13

JoeTee

--
    24 Apr 2009 03:28 AM
    Im 27 years old right now and have a desire to join the Coast Guard Reserves here in Orlando FLorida, but I just finished a bankruptcy and have to wait 7 years before I can apply. That would put me at about 34 years old. What is the max age cutoff for the reserves? (35 i think) And would there be any possibility for me to go active after I am 35? Or anyway for me to still join faster than 7 years?

Thanks
    Joe Treu
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement