Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
July 21st
Last Post 20 Jul 2009 09:27 PM by SSchroeder. 157 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 612345 > >>
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Ramsey10

--
28 Apr 2009 07:31 PM
    It's twelve weeks away but I'm already counting down.  Anyone else shiping this day?
    A few armed vessels, judiciously stationed at the entrances of our ports, might at a small expense be made useful sentinels of the laws.
    — Alexander Hamilton, the first Secretary of the Treasury
    Earliest recorded reference to what would become the U.S. Coast Guard
    JBennett9

--
    30 Apr 2009 02:58 PM
    YES!! I AM!!!! If I did my math correctly, our company should be Alpha 182!!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    01 May 2009 03:02 AM
    I dont know how that math works but I believe we'll graduate on sept 11 or 9/11. I'm coming out of Nashville, TN but I was born and raised in Wisconsin. Where are you coming from?

P.S. My name's Ben
    A few armed vessels, judiciously stationed at the entrances of our ports, might at a small expense be made useful sentinels of the laws.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    01 May 2009 03:05 AM
    Hey Ben, I'm Jordan

Well since a company graduates every friday, I found the latest company name to graduate and just went through the alphabet. I could be off by one or two though.

Yes, graduate on 9/11 if everything goes well. I'm coming from Indiana, so not too far away.

SR Jordan Bennett

"Go out and do good things."
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    01 May 2009 04:11 AM
    Please NEVER FORGET 9/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kneM2MgQWx4

God Bless all of the victims and their families...Amen

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    01 May 2009 03:04 PM
    When I tried to figure out what company we'll be I came up with uniform 181 but I confused myself so your probably right. So what kinda things do you like to do? And What made you decide to go Coast Guard(other than it's the obvious choice lol)?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    01 May 2009 03:10 PM
    I just figured out how it's done haha and I got Alpha 182 also. It just sorta clicked all of the sudden. That happens to me alot. I cant figure something out for a long time and then all of the sudden it comes to me. It was nice in math because it always seemed to come to me on the exams
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 May 2009 01:06 AM
    Did y'all skip "P"? You might be Bravo if you didn't! I think they normally reserve that for the pitstop class. If there isn't one, I don't know if they will use the letter for that incoming company?!

Who cares what the letter... Be the best you can be and have a wonderful time!!!!

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    02 May 2009 02:02 AM
    No, OldGuard, I didn't know anything about P. No idea wat the pitstop class is. Thought I'd just have some love for oorah class Alpha 182! (it's from the Guardian :])

Well Ben I've always had an interest in law enforcement, and I like helping people. My life has been the same thing everyday, very boring, so I wanted variety in my work. There are are many other reasons of course, but those were just off the top of my head.

What about you?

SR Jordan Bennett

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    02 May 2009 03:46 AM
    Reminds me of a sign I saw on a pool.

WELCOME TO OUR OOL - NOTICE THERE IS NO "P" IN IT - LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!!

Sorry ya'll - just couldn't help myself!! Have a good weekend!

Proud Mom of Cactus Blossom
    AKA Seaperson Kribell, Heather-Roomate of SN Hottinger, Kaeli
    FS A School Petaluma

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    02 May 2009 03:47 AM
    I'm happiest when I'm in or around water so I figured there wasn't a better option for me. I also was in college for 2 in a half years and sitting at a desk just doesn't interest me. I've been lifeguarding for 6 years and on a swim team since I was 5 so it kind've just made more sense for me to choose coast guard over anything else. I'd love to be an AST but I'm unsure of my vision so I dont know if I'd qualify with it but I'm also interested in BM, DC, or even the new ME rate coming out. I'm just pumped man. I've never been this excited or motivated towards something before.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 May 2009 04:47 AM
    Jordan,

The Pitstop class is people that don't do a full boot camp, lateralling over from another service. They only go for 4 weeks I believe. :) "P" is generally reserved for them and not the ool! LOL

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    02 May 2009 05:43 PM
    I never new that before. Do they only do like 1 or 2 pitstops a year then?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    02 May 2009 07:30 PM
    Oh, ok, I got it now! Thanks OldGuard!

Yeah Ben, I'm just graduating High School this year, and was set on going to college. Then one day I realized, just as you did, I did not want to spend any more time in a classroom. I love the water as well, not that great a swimmer, but I do enjoy it. I'm so excited to leave, man...I'm going for the ME rating...that's what i was originally going to go to school for, law enforcement. Just under three months till we leave!!

SR Jordan Bennett

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    02 May 2009 11:17 PM
    If I did my math correct its 80 days til we leave. I'm working two jobs right now and basically the only thing that kept me from quiting one of them today is the fact that in not to much longer I'm going to be doing exactly what I want to do. oh and I work at walmart and at the YMCA as a lifeguard. Walmart was the one I almost quit because I have a 13.5 hour day today between the two jobs and my boss is being a real pain about giving me a couple of days off to go up to wisconsin. It's the first time I've asked off since I started four months ago and I've gotten excellent reviews so I dont know what his problem is. Sorry just frustrated so I ramble
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    03 May 2009 03:03 AM
    Uh, its walmart and they don't have unions smilewinkgrin

SR Jordan Bennett

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    03 May 2009 04:33 AM
    I'm personaly not a fan of unions because my father's previous job had union people on the board but the credit union wasn't actually unionized and they made his life unbearable. That's how I ended up moving down to tennessee. My parents moved down here for my dad's new job so when i dropped out and decided to go military it just made more finicail sense to live with them for the couple months in between.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    03 May 2009 04:35 AM
    I should also add I used to work at a General motors plant and I was making 20.20 an hour as a summer stand in and that was because of the union. So I've seen both sides of it and dont get me wrong it works in some circumstances but in others it isn't always the best thing.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    03 May 2009 12:29 PM
    Well I only made that comment because I'm not a fan of Walmart lol
    However, they do have low prices...
    Anyway, I'm glad you chose the CG. It was probably the best decision I've made my whole life (so far).

SR Jordan Bennett

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    03 May 2009 01:25 PM
    I'm with you on not being a fan of Walmart. I absolutely hate it but it was the only place hiring for awhile and in todays economy you take what you can get plus I wanted the discount so I could get a wii cheaper lol. We do have low prices though, thats definately true.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2009 01:37 PM
    I worked for walmart, it was a 2nd job for me when my husband & I first split up. They were fantastic with me including let me off the whole Thanksgiving weekend to spend it with Colin (he was only 7 at the time). It was very well known "Don't work Black Friday, don't work here" and I never worked a Black Friday & I was there for 2 years. Some people may have problems with Walmart but I will never bad mouth them and I would go back there tomorrow if the situation presented itself and I needed a 2nd job again. I also worked one weekend, off the following weekend, visitation was always a priority over a job. They never once complained to me or held it against me.

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    03 May 2009 07:26 PM
    Well I'm glad you had a good time with them. I hear it from both sides all the time. Some love it..others hate it. It would make more sense for me to take a job there and have the experience first before I start forming my own opinion.

SR Jordan Bennett

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    03 May 2009 08:40 PM
    It sounds like you had a much better experience than I have so far. I've got about 4 months and the one I'm at in and they're not very accomadating with me but at the same time I worked at another one up in wisconsin a year or so ago and I was there for a year and they were very good. My boss was a little crazy because he was always trying to quit smoking so he'd get angry about the little things but overall it was a good place to work. So I really think it all depends on the walmart and how well your personality mixes with your boss.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    03 May 2009 08:48 PM
    Just a thought...the title of this forum is boot camp ship dates...and we're discussing walmart...just thought it was funny how we got so off topic lol. not complaining, just an observation :)

SR Jordan Bennett

Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2009 09:39 PM
    It's weird the progression of conversation and topics! Back to the shippers on July 21st...

Who else is going? Best of luck! There is no place like the Jersey shore in the summer!

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBennett09

--
    04 May 2009 12:55 AM
    I read a blog from uscgbootcamp that like sometime late april the temp got up to 90..can't imagine what it will be like in july/august..

SR Jordan Bennett

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ramsey10

--
    04 May 2009 03:33 PM
    Well July will probably be extremely hot but august is when fall starts so it should start cooling down around then(hopefully). Cape May is right on the ocean though so theres going to be the nice sea breaze hopefully. Living in Tennessee until then should help me cope with that kind of heat but I'm one of those people thats always hot so we'll see.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 May 2009 03:46 PM
    I am from NJ... even down the shore in October it can reach 90. Don't bet on August being fall and it getting cool. That just isn't going to happen. That's why summer rentals are still just as packed in August, it is still very much summer and hot in Jersey!

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    04 May 2009 04:57 PM
    August is one of the hottest months in Texas....so hot! 

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    04 May 2009 05:15 PM
    It's so hard to imagine it being hot - when we were there for graduation, I have never been so cold!! we got sleeted on and the wind was blowing - sheesh. Hard to imagine it hot.

Proud Mom of Cactus Blossom
    AKA Seaperson Kribell, Heather-Roomate of SN Hottinger, Kaeli
    FS A School Petaluma

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 612345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement