Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Cars
Last Post 16 Sep 2011 01:06 PM by BR. 32 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
CSAYank

--
06 May 2009 10:01 AM
    So, what kind of car does everybody have?

I have a Black 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe. 3.9L w/ 6sp manual tranny.

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    07 May 2009 08:08 PM
    CSA - I've had several. Here's my list.
    Current:
    1985 Mustang LX Coupe/Sedan - Highway Patrol car 5.0L / 5spd (hanging onto this one. Need to paint the exterior still...engine bay has been painted and looks awesome. Ran out of time)

2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Wife's current car. I had to test the AWD ability in some powder/sugar sand on the Padre Island National Seashore. I was surprised, it did really well despite the low ground clearance.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - My current 'beater' - changing the transmission in the crowded garage (My '85 mustang is next to it).

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 - My current truck. I originally planned on driving the focus and not owning a truck - but I soon realized that even though I put a kayak rack on top of the focus, I needed a truck to fish the beach, hunt, etc. I picked it up cheap and paid cash so I couldn't pass it up.

Previous Vehicles (most recent to least recent):

1991 Mustang LX Coupe/Sedan - 4cyl converted to 5.0L / 5spd (just sold due to enlisting in USCG, too many cars to take with me)

2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 - sold in May of last year due to Wife attending Master's program. REALLY miss this one, and current prices may have me purchasing another really soon. The car ran a 12.78 @ 109mph bone stock, powered by a AMG 3.2L engine. Many people have no clue what hit them when they line up next to an SRT-6. The standard crossfire is much slower, but still a cool car.

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel - sold in May of last year due to Wife attending Master's program. Awesome truck with a ton of power. I beat the crap out of it almost every weekend shark fishing the TX beaches and it never gave me any trouble. I kept it clean and rust free and wish I had it back on a daily basis.

Here it is loaded down with shark fishing gear sitting near the Port Mansfield North Jetty at the end of the Padre Island National Seashore. (60+ miles of 4x4 sand driving)

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 - Sold to buy the diesel

2001 Ford F150 2wd Sport stepside - Sold to buy the 2003 1500

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - Sold to buy the Ford F150

1991 Toyota 4-Runner 4x4 - Sold - Bought it cheap in need of repair, fixed it (head gaskets) and sold it for profit.

1988 Suzuki Samurai 4x4 - Sold - Bought it as a beach truck, realized it was too small. Lifted it, painted it, fabricated my own front/rear bumpers and rock sliders, and sold it for a profit.

The 1500 Ram, and the Focus are paid for. My Wife's Rogue is not paid for. It sure hurt to get rid of the SRT-6 and the Diesel...but we gotta do what we gotta do. Once my Wife has her Physician's Assistant license, she wants a new Challenger SRT8. I'll probably stick with my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 until after we have kids. We will probably donate the ford focus to my brother in law when I leave for boot camp.

Needless to say - I'm a car junkie. I love driving them, working on them, you name it. I'd much rather have a 10,000sq/ft garage than a 10,000sq/ft house. smilewinkgrin
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    noregrets

--
    07 May 2009 08:11 PM
    Good lord! Do you run a garage or something?! Maybe a car dealership? :) I wouldn't mind taking one or two for a test drive.

I still drive the tank ... '98 Chevy Blazer. But she has low miles! Just recently turned 100,000 so I can't complain... besides there's no car payments, which is awesome when you're a broke college student.

Sara

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    -- Gandhi

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    07 May 2009 08:32 PM
    I've only got 4 right now! So, not technically a dealership (yet) lol
    Here's a pic of the mustangs:
    This is the '85. The front end was converted to 87-93, as well as the interior. The exterior is obviously in need of paint. It's got a lot done to the suspension, engine, etc... but I'll spare ya..lol

Engine bay is painted, and looks good - wish I had time to finish the outside before I leave, but I wont.

Here's the '91 that I just sold:

The night I picked it up, with a blown up 4cyl 2.3L and an automatic, missing pieces, and in need of a good cleaning and wax:

And the 'AFTER' shots - converted it to 5.0L v8, 5spd, etc. (my old 2003 Dodge 1500 4x4 in the back! And the house I have to sell :( )

I hated to see it go...but oh well, I needed to get rid of it so I don't have to haul cars across the country once I get assigned to my first station.

Longview53

--
    08 May 2009 03:38 PM
    2000 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX

Too many miles, no heat/ac. I have to put up the windows by sticking a pen in the switch, makes weird noises, won't go over 70mph, and the dual muffler is held up by wires, rope, and shoe laces (quite proud of that fix =P)

Typical broke college student A to-barely B car! lol
    Not a chick magnet
    But its all mine and the stereo is decent!

I always wanted to get my hands on a Jeep Wrangler, I drove one once and had to be dragged out because I didnt want to get out it was so much fun to drive!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    10 May 2009 01:48 PM
    DAAAMMNNN lol. Nice list ya got there. Beater cars....thats for the winter when ya can't drive ya regular car, right? Sorry, I was born in NY but diddn't get anywhere close to driving age before I moved to South Florida.

- So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    10 May 2009 07:28 PM
    Nah...Beater cars are for when the gas prices were $5/gallon for diesel and I didn't want to drive my truck so I'd cruise the 30+mpg focus!
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    10 May 2009 09:05 PM
    Beater cars are the bomb-no one EVER breaks into them! I live on the ocean and nothing stays rust free over here for longer than 6 months.

Proud Mom of Cactus Blossom
    AKA Seaperson Kribell, Heather-Roomate of SN Hottinger, Kaeli
    FS A School Petaluma

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    10 May 2009 10:12 PM
    2003 chevy trailblazer....

we also have a 1989 heritage softtail
    2000 pontic sunfire (kodiakgirls)
    1991 oldsmobile cutlass
    1998 chevy s-10
    1967 chevy shortbed pick up

my husband also would rather have the garage
    over the house. we call this place....
    church's used car lot!! :):)

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    CGC Alex Haley
    Kodiak, Alaska

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    11 May 2009 07:16 PM
    jen899193 said...
    2003 chevy trailblazer....

we also have a 1989 heritage softtail
    2000 pontic sunfire (kodiakgirls)
    1991 oldsmobile cutlass
    1998 chevy s-10
    1967 chevy shortbed pick up

my husband also would rather have the garage
    over the house. we call this place....
    church's used car lot!! :):)
    Gotta love the '67 Chevy Short-Wide!
    Is it restored, or in need of? They are sweet ol' trucks.

JKribell...I didn't think about the rust because I'm in central TX where it isn't an issue. However, I guess I'd better start planning on it as I'm pretty sure I'll be near saltwater at least a few times in the next 20+yrs! Can't wait!

Well, I digress. I do think about the rust on my trucks because I spend a lot of time cruising them up and down the TX beaches, where the salty-sand and the seaspray really take a toll on vehicles if they aren't properly maintained. Here's another picture of my truck - this time it is rigged up with my platform for beach fishing. I'm on top fighting a shark:

Here's the end result - 6'1" Female Blacktip, Prego...tagged and RELEASED (just like we always do)

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    11 May 2009 08:34 PM
    Black tip off the beach...what's the topography of the bottom from the shore out? By the looks of that it gets pretty deep pretty fast.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    12 May 2009 02:19 AM
    CSAYank said...
    Black tip off the beach...what's the topography of the bottom from the shore out? By the looks of that it gets pretty deep pretty fast.
    We are dropping baits in 10-20' of water, depending on how far we kayak them out.

However, we've caught them casting baits off of the beach less than 100', in less than 5' of water. They come in shallow, really shallow.

The following have been caught off of our TX beaches (specifically Padre Island National Seashore): tigers, makos, bulls , sandbars, sand-tigers, greater and scallopped hammers, atlantic sharpnose, lemons, sawfish, blacknose, finetooth, blacktip, nurse - I'm sure I left a few off.

It's a blast! That blacktip was small compared to some of the others we've pulled from the beach. I hate to inundate the forum with shark fishing stuff but feel free to see my website about our activities. The address is in the corner of those pics. We've got members from all over the US, not just TX. Several people fish the Carolinas, Florida, and all of the gulf states. A few from California but laws make it tough over there.

Take care!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    12 May 2009 10:02 AM
    Ya know what you would like? Go to boatlessfishing.com. I know the guy that started this site and it's all about shore fishing, pier fishing, shark fishing, the whole bit. Most people are based out of Florida but there's threads for the whole country.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    12 May 2009 05:29 PM
    I'm actually a member of boatless...there were some nice hammers (and some controversy) in the latest Big Hammer Challenge.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    12 May 2009 06:57 PM
    2006 scion tC

Ship Date: June 9, 2009 From San Jose

ScottSky

--
    03 Jun 2009 04:05 PM
    2008 Saturn Sky

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Jun 2009 04:49 PM
    Now there's a sensible car if you get stationed in Kodiak Alaska! HAHA :)

That's a nice ride! Looks like fun.

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    03 Jun 2009 05:46 PM
    Nice!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    04 Jun 2009 10:33 PM
    Nice Sky. I was gonna get it but the Solstice (same car, but Pontic) wasn't fast enough lol. If they had the Sky Redline, or the Solstice GXP out when I got my car, I'd have one. That turbo makes a big difference on the I-4 motor. Here's mine...since I started this thread and haven't put it up yet lol 

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 6/5/2009 4:03:44 AM GMT

ScottSky

--
    05 Jun 2009 05:16 AM
    clean car. i like. and thanks for the compliment, appreciate it.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    05 Jun 2009 10:02 AM
    Not a problem my friend, and thank you also

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    USCGforMe

--
    06 Jun 2009 10:05 PM
    Scott, Is it a redline?

Nice ride either way.
    ScottSky

--
    07 Jun 2009 03:58 AM
    its not the redline, just the n/a.
    the plans are to supercharge this one, but not for a lil while longer, I dont want to void the warranty on this yet!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    07 Jun 2009 09:36 AM
    Yea, you should have no problem with power adders. That motor came factory with a blower on the Sky Redline and Solstice GXP, now they come with a turbo. You should be able to buy the blower, bolt up and be good.....lucky haha

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    30 Jun 2009 10:13 AM
    Ok, so hsa anybody seen the new Camaro!! HOLY CRAP IS THAT THING BEAUTIFUL!! I've been following it since the '06 concept. Camaro's are my car, lol. I miss my '94 even more now. Thiese things are a hot commodoty. I wanted to go test drive because I want to buy one. In all of Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade county's there was one single vehicle! I went and saw that one. It was a silver 2LT RS. NNIIICCCEEE!!! 304 HP rear-wheel drive American Muscle car...very nice. And that's the V6!! haha, an SS would make me cream my pants, but empty my wallet lol. Just thought I'd share :-)

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Jun 2009 08:46 PM
    That might go under the heading of TMI... but interesting just the same! LOL

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    01 Jul 2009 02:27 PM
    Haha, sorry.......I seem to express myself a little too vulgarly sometimes roll

Tritium

--
    08 Jul 2009 03:27 PM
    2008 Hyundai Tiburon

Molera

--
    29 Oct 2009 08:51 PM
    saw some pretty cool rides on here so just thought id add mine...also have a car (just a cavalier for when its cold)

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 10/29/2009 9:53:16 PM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sammy T

--
    31 Oct 2009 05:13 PM
    Here is my Jeep. Takes me everywhere I want to go and more!

'The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us.'

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement