Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Housing in Hawaii
Last Post 19 May 2009 05:07 PM by ErinSmith. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
levyii

--
18 May 2009 12:22 PM
    I know some of you on here are from Hawaii *cough* Jkribell *cough* :)

I was wondering if anyone can give me good advice or some good links to find an apartment in Hawaii. My boat is out of Honolulu and I'm shipping my car. As of right now they said I'll be in barracks, but I know that won't be for very long. I signed a housing release form to see if that will get me out. I'm looking for no higher than $1100 if possible. 1 bedroom, preferrably no studios. Thanks for the help guys!!

SN Levesque, Michelle
    BM "A" school

krookedsession

--
    18 May 2009 01:24 PM
    Try craigslist.org if you already haven't. Here is a link of an apartment for $1100.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/...92138.html

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!

1 day left
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    18 May 2009 09:39 PM
    well you have options. i know you have a car so........

if you are into a busy city, thats packed and completely crowded, you can live in downtown honolulu, but like i said the streets are a royal pain in the a$$ and , ALOT of people but definitely alot of nightlife.

if you want to live close to the base, you can move to the city of aeia (correct my spelling if im wrong jkribell), which is nice and its less congested.

personally i lived on the north shore for 3 years, which is absolutely awesome, its a totally different side of the island and the people are completely different. you can live in either waialua or haleiwa, and that is where all the beauty really is.

the east side of the island is breathtakingly beautiful, theres little towns all along it like hauula, kahuku, etc, but the drive into work would be an issue for you.

personally i would suggest living on the north shore where the vibe is good and the beach is beautiful, its about a 30 minute drive from the base roughly speaking.

whatever you choose, there is a TON of stuff to do out there, kayaking, surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, skydiving, cliff jumping, spear fishing, boat fishing, rock climbing, shark cage diving, kite surfing, paragliding, and im going to stop typing before i get carpel tunnel.

i will let jkribell further elaborate on whatever i missed.......
    have fun levyii!!!!!!!!

Gravity brings me down....

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    18 May 2009 09:40 PM
    and for the record i was paying 600 a month for a room in a 5 bedroom house.......

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    19 May 2009 12:02 AM
    Michelle: I sent you a PM with a military housing contact. I agree with Uberchris - I have lived on the North Shore for the past 17 or so years and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Many of the Coast Guard families live on this side. If my daughter doesn't get stationed out here to Hawaii- I just might even have an empty bedroom!! It would probably be a bit of a commute but we live a block from the beach~~

Proud Mom of Cactus Blossom
    AKA Seaperson Kribell, Heather-Roomate of SN Hottinger, Kaeli
    FS A School Petaluma

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    uberchris

--
    19 May 2009 12:08 AM
    its all about balance. i could NEVER live in town, no way no way no way

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    19 May 2009 01:54 AM
    LOL Uber-me either but if you are looking for nightlife-that would be a negatory on the North Shore. Now once you get situated and have friends, there's lots going on - just not too much "nightlife" per se. We are getting a little better - there are a couple new surfer type places/bars in Haleiwa but....well we are the country - what can I say!!

FS A School Petaluma

Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    19 May 2009 03:07 AM
    Nothing better than Matsumoto's in haleiwa! Best shave ice on the island!

We had a good tour in Hawaii, and have always said if we did it again, we would move to Kaneohe and live there. Most places are pretty nice.

Vr,
    Chuck.

Recruiting Website

Read here for answers to the most often asked questions about joining the Coast Guard!

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    19 May 2009 03:09 AM
    Matsumotos is just about 200 yards from my mom and dads house. It is still a hole in the wall and still have lines all around the block!!

FS A School Petaluma

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ErinSmith

--
    19 May 2009 05:07 PM
    so stoked you got Hawaii!

-Erin Smith

-Erin Smith
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement