Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
ME A School
Last Post 24 Sep 2009 05:56 PM by Sammy T. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FearNoFish

--
20 Sep 2009 04:24 AM
    Does anyone have any new information on the selection process for the ME A school?  My command was looking into it but has not come up with how they are going to select the active duty membes for A school.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    20 Sep 2009 12:14 PM
    There is information posted on ME eligibility on the "A" school list posted HERE

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    20 Sep 2009 12:40 PM
    I think he's asking how they will order the initial list of applicants, which will then decide who will go first and who will not.

That's a good question and I have seen nothing posted in public about it. Lacking any better information on which to speculate, my guess would be either first come, first served or by seniority.

The former has the advantage of being more or less business as usual, but may not be very fair if they get a slug of applicants on 1 October that leaves everyone at the mercy of email routing vagaries. The latter is at least simple (as opposed to doing a full-up evaluation and selection board) and is still somewhat consistent with current practice in that O3's do go ahead of all O2's.<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 9/20/2009 12:42:33 PM GMT

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    20 Sep 2009 02:08 PM
    The only other info I could find is in the ME September Force Notes. There are a couple of contact people listed to get questions answered.

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    21 Sep 2009 01:03 AM
    Just a guess, but I imagine it would be first come, first serve when it comes to the order of the list, just like all of the other school lists.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    24 Sep 2009 12:38 PM
    i have heard that they will be taking the first few names that are put on and then compile the list with qualifications people have that can help them in school first and only the very first list will this happenbut this is just a bit of scuttle that has been thrown around
    <!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 9/24/2009 12:39:06 PM GMT

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sammy T

--
    24 Sep 2009 04:12 PM
    I leave for boot Nov. 3rd. Since I will be going in as a Non-rate, would it be practical to say someone in my shoes has a good chance at getting on the school list after boot, or atleast after the 4 month wait I believe it is? Or are they going to concetrate on memebers you already have time and sweat put into the coast guard? I am assuming if I put ME all stations all districts on my dream sheet, i'd get nothing from it?

Thanks!

'The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us.'

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    wepprop

--
    24 Sep 2009 04:33 PM
    You have about a 100% chance of getting on the list if and when you have fulfilled all of the necessary qualifications. After that, it's just a matter of how long you have to wait to get orders.
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    24 Sep 2009 04:46 PM
    Remember that LE work goes on throughout the Coast Guard. Shore stations and Cutters alike. It comes in many forms, from illegal migrant interdiction, drug search and seizure, Boating under the influence (bui), fisheries enforcement, portside security, vessel boarding and security (vbst), environmental compliance etc. The new ME rating will indeed concentrate on law enforcement, but other ratings will continue to do a lions share of the Coast Guard law enforcement mission. It really depends on the unit you are asigned to, it's location and mission. Units in Florida have historically done a bunch of LE work, but California units are finding that their LE workload is rapidly increasing READ STORY HERE

Do your best at boot camp and excel at your first unit. The rest will follow.

Good luck

Pepper

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Sammy T

--
    24 Sep 2009 05:56 PM
    thank you pepper, that is exactly the outlook I will pursue!

'The will of God will never take us where the Grace of God will not protect us.'

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement