Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hey!
Last Post 31 May 2009 08:53 PM by xBound_By_Honorx. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
xBound_By_Honorx

--
30 May 2009 01:18 PM
     I know this isn't exactly a funny topic but I didn't really know where else to put this so...here we go! smilewinkgrin  I was just wondering if anyone had some interesting stories or anything, doesn't necisarily have to involve the CG, just looking to get to know a few people and make some friendssmile . Hope to hear some stories soon!

Honor, Respect, Devotion to Duty. Not just words but a way of life. Our way of life. Proud to serve. Proud to protect. We are all bound by honor.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 May 2009 02:01 PM
    Oh honey I have stories... I've been around more than one block... HAHAHAHA

The call that he was going to mast THAT morning... that was a good one

Losing our house when I was 8.75 months pregnant to bitter cold temperatures & housing not taking steps to prevent pipes freezing... that's a classic

Ending up in the hospital with meningitis while he was away at school & having a 2 year old at home... always a fun twist to life

Then of course the oldie but a goodie, getting told our housing was ready at our new station prior to leaving our current station only to drive cross country for 29 some odd days, get to Seattle, have our dog shipped to us from NJ, called the new station and hear "Um, we're sorry, we overestimated and your housing won't be ready..." Then we got there, a Chief had to "adopt" our dog for us while we lived in a Bed & Breakfast for 32 days!

Ahhh there are so many others in between... life is wonderful in the military! LOL

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    xBound_By_Honorx

--
    30 May 2009 02:43 PM
    Lmao wow that sounds...awful haha. But you seem to be a pretty good sport about it all :D. Unless you're beign sarcastic..I can never tell...lol. Anyway I'm glad things have gone so well for lol

Honor, Respect, Devotion to Duty. Not just words but a way of life. Our way of life. Proud to serve. Proud to protect. We are all bound by honor.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 May 2009 07:41 PM
    You know it could have been awful and at that given moment that story was happening... yeah, it was pretty difficult circumstances sometimes... but when you look back on it, it's all good. All of those experiences you have in life make the person you are today. As much as I would love to say we hit a multi-million dollar lottery at 18 and never did a damn thing and life was easy cheesy... what fun would that be?!

Take the good & the bad & just try to keep your sense of humor, no matter how difficult it seems at the moment! :-)

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    xBound_By_Honorx

--
    31 May 2009 08:53 PM
    Very true. In my 17 years I've seen my share of good and bad. Just have to keep fighting eh? Take it all and stirde and that good sutff

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement