Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
yay!!!!!!!!! my heart is happy!!:)
Last Post 09 Jun 2009 12:58 AM by t.luton. 28 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
t.luton

--
07 Jun 2009 03:01 AM
    so next week is week 5 that means phone calls are on the way!!! i get to find out where we will be stationed!! yay there are 21 days till i leave to go to new jersey!! im so ready for this i miss my husband!!!!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CSAYank

--
    07 Jun 2009 09:56 AM
    Awesome! Just be aware that the phone call will be short and to the point. If you don't get much emotion out of him don't be discouraged. The CC's are right on his ass the whole phone call. Keep us updated on whats going on!

-Pain is weakness leaving the body.
     -It's 5 o'clcok somewhere.
     - So can you tell me what exactly does freedon mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be.

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    07 Jun 2009 04:29 PM
    I cant wait the first thing im going to ask him is ...is he happy with his decision still? I just need to know, I’m not sure if that is the right question to ask or not but as a mom I need to know...And if he is ok will be the next ..I know the call will only be a couple min long but I cant wait to hear his voice. I have not got a letter from Danny since the 26th so im going crazy with Worry so I cant wait for Tuesday updates and hopefully a letter. Even more so I cant wait for the phone calls, so I can relax and stop worrying like crazy.

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    07 Jun 2009 08:22 PM
    Oh Julie,

Those phone calls are going to be something else!!! I've been reading about the phone calls from Quebec company and have been shedding tears of joy for them. I will probably be crying so much I won't be able to ask questions. I've been looking up info on all the stations that Ty put on his dream sheet and I've saved everything and he probably won't get any of his picks. I just hope I can keep it together long enough to understand where he is going.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that you get a letter tomorrow.

Tina
    Proud Mom of SR Lueders, C.T.
    Romeo-181

Proud Mom to SN Lueders - "Mom" to FN Coover - Soon to be AET's
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    07 Jun 2009 08:50 PM
    Tina I have about lost hope in getting a letter :-( im just not going to set myself up any more just to get let down again... I know when Dan Calls as soon as I Hear his voice im going to bust out crying, I just hope he does not call when im driving. I’m going to have to pull over or else I will not be able to see where im going LOL. I would do anything to be able to get a phone call from him now , just to know he is o.k.! but Thank you Tina for thinking about me Keep those finger X haha!!!

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Jun 2009 08:57 PM
    Seriously, keep the crying for after the call. He is going to attempt to tell you a fair amount of information in a very short amount of time. Once the phone is on the hook and you are done, bawl like a baby if you need to or want to... but on that phone call, hold it together, try not to ask any questions, just listen. They are under time constraints. Plus if you get too emotional it migt cause them to be emotional and they do not want their CC's seeing them get all weepy.

I was all smiles and ok, ok, ok, ok, ok.... while I was talking to him. We hung up, I turned to look at Scott and started crying! Poor guy was just standing there and all of a sudden a smiling mom was a blubbering idiot! LOL

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    07 Jun 2009 09:15 PM
    That’s what I was thinking about , I did not want to upset Dan as the CC's are right there. Im sure I can hold it together for his sake. But after when I hang up, wow the water works will hit ha-ha.. I think the shock of listening to him, sounding like a completely different young man will keep me together....I hope LOL

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Jun 2009 10:36 PM
    Wait until you hear the "Hello ma'am, this is SR ______" that just blew me away! :)

SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    07 Jun 2009 11:13 PM
    I think when I do hear that, im going to be blown away but im going to have a proudness come over me that words cant describe

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

t.luton

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:01 AM
    yeah never set yourself up expectin a letter cause when you do and dont get one it just runion s the day .... im sure everything is fine!! i cant wait for the phone call even though it will be short i just want to hear my husbands voice!! i call his cell phone just to hear his voive on his voice mail!! ha ha man i miss him but im sure im goign to cry when i get off the phone!! ha ha i just cant wait till i leave to go see him!! only 20 days to go till my coastie is back in my arms!!!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:07 AM
    i cant call dans for some reason his cell has a bad problem of the voice mail resets to the message he had when he was about 10. He sounds so young and he talked so fast to, we have called verizon so many times for them to fix it which they do than in a couple days it sets back to the old one again.

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

t.luton

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:19 AM
    ha ha ha thats funny.. yeah my friends and family make fun of me cause i do it... but they just dont understand
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:31 AM
    That's OK Tori - I understand - I do the same thing!!! Even pulled up his myspace page to see pictures of him.

Tina
    Romeo-181

t.luton

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:33 AM
    aww i do the same thing! i just cant help it!! i miss him so much!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:39 AM
    Hi All......
    This is going to be an exciting week for all of us.....I know we are all so excited....and when you think about how fast the next 3 weeks will go.....hopefully!!!!!
    I go on my sons facebook too, just to see pics of him.....guess we all do what we can to get by! Tori and Tina....nothing wrong with calling his cell phone....honestly I did not think of it! Although in a letter he asked that one of his brothers send a text from his phone to his girlfriend just to make her feel good! Thought that was cute....
    Tuesdays journals......Thursday on.....prepare those phones......
    just  a quick question.....does your recruits actually have the numbers written in front of them to call home or cells? just because in this day and age of cell phones.....you cannot pick up a pay phone and scroll to MOM and have it dial.....LOL.....I know that sounds funny, but it was a last minute thing we thought of and then quick wrote all our numbers down for him when he does call.....
    you may want to pop a letter out in case they do not!

Wendy

Proud Mom of S.R. Savidge,Travis
    Go Romeo - 181

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA
    CGuardianAngel

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:46 AM
    Hi Gals...Guess we're all in the same boat. Well, except for Tori...That's her husband. You have no idea how many times I have looked at old text messages of my sons and have been on his Facebook sooo many times, I feel like a stalker...Hahaha. This week we finally should hear their voices again, even if it is for a short period of time. I am affraid to let my phone out of my sight for fear of missing that call.
    We are all counting the days now and I'm sure they are as well. Can't wait!! I will post as soon as I hear anything. Please do the same...

~ linda ~
    Romeo/181
    Stephen's MoM
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:52 AM
    Definitely!!!!!
    As excited as I am to hear where my son is going to be stationed, Honestly I am just as excited for everyone else as well.....I cant wait to hear where they all will be going.
    Bummer is I will be away from my computer most of the weekend.....although I am sure I will manage some peeks.....but the weekend is pretty full.....I will be running up to check when all the calls came and how they went! 1 week.....
    Wendy

Wendy

Go Romeo - 181

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    t.luton

--
    08 Jun 2009 01:55 AM
    ha ha ha yeah lol i carry my phone with me every where i go even in the bathroom when i go to take a shower.. my husbands knows my number by heart... when he was not getting letters and think i was not writting him he wrote a letter to his parens saying " hi mom and dad just wondering if you knew if tori was writting me have not hered from her, letters are wanted exp.. from my wife here is her number to call her and ask" ha ha so i cant wait!!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    08 Jun 2009 02:14 AM
    The truth comes out ..... I'm not the only stalker!!!!

We don't have a home phone anymore, just cells - so before Tyler left I had him write all the numbers down in an address book that he took with him. I wanted to make sure that he knew my number and had it written somewhere. Before he left he was writing down all the numbers from his cell phone. He had 2 pages of phone numbers so when he gets his liberty he has the numbers to call all his friends too.

Tina
    Romeo-181

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    08 Jun 2009 02:26 AM
    I even carry's dans phone around with me just incase he forgets. Maybe he would call that as he know I have it on me. He would not get a phone book, So he wrote the #'s down on a tiny tiny piece of paper ha-ha. While I was cleaning his room today I found his past school I.D’s for the past maybe 6 years they gave me a good laugh .

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

t.luton

--
    08 Jun 2009 02:58 AM
    aww thats so cute.. im glad you got a good laugh its something that you needed..... im here for ya julie even though im young im here for all ya..
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    08 Jun 2009 11:16 AM
    Julie, we are all here for you too!.....
    And Tori, I think you hold a special place for all of us.....so far it seems, like we are all Moms, for Romeo,....you are the wife, so I think we all are feeling for you as well....
    Today begins week 5, our recruits are now a senior company on base! How cool is that?!

Wendy

Go Romeo - 181

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    teachergal1

--
    08 Jun 2009 11:28 AM
    Good Morning family and friends of R 181,

Yes, it's an exciting week for all of us! Can't wait for that phone call and hear Ian's voice and know where he will be. He wants somewhere warm and was hoping for district 7 which is FL, GA, SC I think. I told him to go to ALaska...and he might take that as an interim station while waiting for his school. So, I am anxious to hear how it all worked out...

Julie, I am sure Danny is fine...hope you hear from him this week! I know about the emotion thing...We have to stay strong when they call. Let's hang tough ladies! If our boys can do it, so can we....Unite Romeo 181 moms!

Have a great day everyone and get those flags out!

Lynne - proud mom of
    SR McCracken, Ian
    Romeo 181
    Lynne, Proud Mom of
    SR McCracken, Ian
    Romeo 181
    Reporting to Ketchikan Alaska on the
    USCG Cutter Acushnet
    teachergal1

--
    08 Jun 2009 11:35 AM
    Do we know what time of day to expect the calls on Friday?

Lynne, Proud Mom of
    SR McCracken, Ian
    Romeo 181

Lynne, Proud Mom of
    SR McCracken, Ian
    Romeo 181
    Reporting to Ketchikan Alaska on the
    USCG Cutter Acushnet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    08 Jun 2009 11:50 AM
    I think the calls can come at anytime starting Thursday to as late as Tuesday. With a large company and limited time to call each day - it's a toss up.

Tina
    Romeo-181

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    08 Jun 2009 12:20 PM
    Thank you everyone you all have been a Hugh help for me, I don’t know what i would do without you all and this board. SO <<>> and THANK YOU and im here for each and every one off you too. I hope I can get to meet each of you at graduation so I can personally thank you for helping keep me sane along this journey

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    08 Jun 2009 12:22 PM
    Lynne,
    are you done school for the summer? At least if you are that is good that you will not be teaching a class!!!!!
    yeah, not knowing when the call is coming is going to keep all of us on our toes!!!!! Even though I have my cell phone next to me at all times, I will still be like the lady in another thread who ran in the house and fell over her dog trying to answer the phone! and like Julie, I really hope I am not driving when he calls!!!!!!
    Oh well....fasten your seatbelts....week 5 is here......let the chaos begin!!!!!

Wendy

Go Romeo - 181

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    luvmycoastie

--
    08 Jun 2009 12:29 PM
    I cant believe its week 5 it seem like it went really slow to week 3 I don’t know where week 4 went to. It like week 4 didn’t even happen LOL..lets just hope the next 3 just fly even quicker

Julie mom to
    SR DANNY HINESLEY
    ROMEO-181

t.luton

--
    09 Jun 2009 12:58 AM
    i know what your talking about!! i have benn saying all day i cant believe that it is at week 5!! this week im busy saturday i leave for a week long mission trip to south carolinia and then when i get back from the mission trip i will have 8 days till i leave to go to new jersey to see ben graduate and bring him home!! i cant believe it!! thank you all of yall for being here for me!! like Julie said i hope i can meet all of you at the graduation to thank yall in person!! come on phone calls and week 5!!

waiting on june 29th but most importly july 2 we will be re united!!!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement