Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I'm on a boat!
Last Post 04 Mar 2010 03:46 AM by husband. 32 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Bored of Desk Jobs

--
23 Jul 2009 04:26 PM
    link

EDIT: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO LANGUAGE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKtk5Xdv2U<!-- Edit -->

Moderator Edit : 7/25/2009 1:07:27 PM GMT

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    24 Jul 2009 01:45 PM
    Bored: WHY did you post this? It has nothing to do with the Coast Guard, and has totally inappropriate language for this forum.

10AC4ME

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    24 Jul 2009 02:57 PM
    Bored, once again I ask what is your point? You don't
    seem to get the concept here of what this forum
    is about. Why not try posting something that is:

A) Funny
    B) not offensive

You are posting on a forum that is about the COAST GUARD.

The Coast Guard members here and their families take this
    forum very seriously. It doesn't mean you can't have
    some fun, but please have some discretion.

Regards

Pepper

10AC4ME

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    24 Jul 2009 03:10 PM
    National Guard

10AC4ME

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    24 Jul 2009 03:31 PM
    roflmfao!!!!

i listened to this the whole way to california!!

pepper~it is a very popular song in the fleet.
    the kids have a good time acting like the video
    and singing the song!! so in around about way
    it does have to do with the coast guard.

bored did post a language warning. i see
    nothing wrong with the link being there since
    the appropriate language warning is included.
    leaving it up.

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    CGC Alex Haley
    Kodiak, Alaska

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    pepperdoggie

--
    24 Jul 2009 03:51 PM
    I guess I'm getting tooooo old then,....My wife was even suprised that
    I know who Jessica Simpson is (when she bought Jessica Simpson
    shoes). I told her "sure, she's Tony Romo's (ex) girlfriend".

Apparently you didn't se the ORIGINAL post which had something
    I thought was NOT appropriate, with no correlation to boating or the
    Coast Guard.

Pepper

10AC4ME

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Jul 2009 05:23 PM
    Apparently I am way toooo old as well as I cannot stand that noise or the scream noise or rap noise this kids call music today...very sad they think it is music. But I guess I can imagine it is how our parents felt about the music we listened to growing up... 

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    24 Jul 2009 05:31 PM
    Yuck-but that's the kind of music Heather listens to as well.

Proud Mom of FS3 Kribell, Heather
    USCGC Hamilton - San Diego 

Lucky to live in Hawaii - Mom to FS3Kribell, USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    24 Jul 2009 06:00 PM
    i don't care for that type of music either. however, after 2,500 miles...
    there are a few songs i have become kind of fond of. this song
    being one of them. after being up to see the haley
    and meeting her shipmates....i have
    no trouble seeing the kids do this.

lol

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    CGC Alex Haley
    Kodiak, Alaska

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

~Jen~
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    24 Jul 2009 06:12 PM
    Yes-I could see Heather and her shipmates totally doing this. Heck I could even see her FS class doing this!! They were all about this kind of music. They made a memory CD of FS school and this music was the backgroud so yeah I could see them doing it for sure.

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    BuckHijo

--
    24 Jul 2009 06:31 PM
    To be honest I do not like rap music at all, I am 20, but I do love this song lol.

I am Bound 4 Life.....are you?

www.bound4life.com Check it out.

Shipping out August 18th!
    Foxtrot 182

FN Buckson CGC Dallas
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jul 2009 06:43 PM
    Rap music does nothing for me... awful stuff. Half of it you can't
    understand and the half you can understand you really wished
    you hadn't! LOL But even Colin knows this one and just laughed
    hysterically when I mentioned it to him.

Hey Jan,
    When did Heather make PO3? Congratulations.
    I thought she came out of school as an SNFS!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 7/24/2009 12:52:55 PM GMT

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    24 Jul 2009 07:42 PM
    did you forget to tell us good news jan?

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    CGC Alex Haley
    Kodiak, Alaska

~Jen~
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    24 Jul 2009 08:26 PM
    Oops - sorry!  She got pinned this week on her boat.  I'm glad she was able to do it with her shipmates on her new boat - kind of a cool bonding experience.  tongue

Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Jul 2009 11:11 PM
    Way AWESOME for Heather!

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    25 Jul 2009 01:56 AM
    congratulations for heather!

Jen
    Proud Coastguard Mom of
    SN Church, Brittney R.
    CGC Alex Haley
    Kodiak, Alaska

~Jen~
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    levyii

--
    25 Jul 2009 09:24 PM
    yay for heather! when's her first patrol?

BM3 Levesque, Michelle
    USCGC Rush
    Honolulu, HI

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    25 Jul 2009 11:41 PM
    Soon :) I'll PM you!!  Oh yeah, Tuesday I will be down your way - My sons best friend who is an FS on the Jarvis is going to give me a tour - I'm sure it is similar to the Hamilton, enough to get an idea of what she is working with. 

<!-- Edit -->

Last Edited : 7/25/2009 5:45:58 PM GMT

Trusted Member
    E

--
    29 Sep 2009 09:36 PM
    ya im on a boat is lots of peoples ringtones, it gets played probably every other day on the boat and someones always singing it.

Stationed in Key West, FL
    Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. -John 15:13

Da_Young_1

--
    05 Oct 2009 05:55 AM
    Alright hey everyone my name is Da_Young_1 and i am new to the USCG forums and i was wondering if i could talk to a recruiter over a chat room instead of face-2-face.... can anyone help me out. I am trying to make the decision on wheather or not to join the USCG. I feel alot of pressure cuz my dad served in the air force back in the day and my grandfather was in Vietnam so i feel it is my civil duty to join the service in some way. So i thought that instead of going to get shot in Iraq (God bless all the families with Military Personal over there) I love to travel and i was just wondering what i should do. Thank you very muck
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lan56

--
    06 Oct 2009 05:31 AM
    Da_Young_1 said...
    Alright hey everyone my name is Da_Young_1 and i am new to the USCG forums and i was wondering if i could talk to a recruiter over a chat room instead of face-2-face.... can anyone help me out. I am trying to make the decision on wheather or not to join the USCG. I feel alot of pressure cuz my dad served in the air force back in the day and my grandfather was in Vietnam so i feel it is my civil duty to join the service in some way. So i thought that instead of going to get shot in Iraq (God bless all the families with Military Personal over there) I love to travel and i was just wondering what i should do. Thank you very muck

eyes eyes eyes

http://www.peacecorps.gov

Sounds like your best fit given you are wanting to travel, wanting to avoid getting shot, wanting to avoid Iraq, wanting to just fulfill a civic duty.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TXCG09

--
    14 Oct 2009 04:09 AM
    I must add to this topic that was going on here..I do not like rap and I am 20 years old also. I am more of a country guy..rap just gets annoying after a while.

MST3 Suggs

MST3 Suggs
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lan56

--
    14 Oct 2009 10:04 AM
    I dislike rap as well. Some songs have a good beat, but that's it. I just can't find meaning in hearing lyrics about how the rapper's felon/gangbanger "brudda" got shot while selling dope and how much of a "tragedy" it is...I mean the brudda was just a nice guy off to Bible study as soon as he finished helping little old ladies cross the street!!
    Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    15 Oct 2009 12:35 PM
    lmbo!!!

i am a forty-something year old. i can't stand rap. i just had to listen to that dumb song for more than 2,000 miles. it grew on me after awhile. rap in general~i have no use for! lol

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

SN Church, Brittney R.
    OS A-School
    Petaluma, Ca

~Jen~
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    COASTIE_CLEMENTINE

--
    19 Oct 2009 01:26 PM
    My current BF is in the Navy and he says that when they act out this song and sing to it, it eases the tension of where they are and what they are doing, gives them something to laugh about for a few minutes....

~Semper Paratus~

~Semper Paratus~

Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    01 Feb 2010 06:22 AM
    I am laughin my @$$ off that this song just almost won a grammy!!!  Woohoo!!  

Proud Mom to FS3Kribell-USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    USCG Aux Member District 14 Divison 1
    DSO-CC/EM/PA; Flotilla FN/SR 

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    01 Feb 2010 03:36 PM
    are you for real?? i didn't watch but that is flippin' funny. btw.....it is now my ring-tone for britt.

jan.....one of britt's good friends is stationed with heather on the hamilton. have you heard from her yet?

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

~Jen~
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    jkribell

--
    01 Feb 2010 07:33 PM
    Yeah it was up for best collaborative album but they got beat out by Kanye West and someone else.  I just got a kick out of the fact that it was even in the running! 

I hear from Heather often, although she isn't saying much.  She sends "I'm alive and kicking" notes but not alot else.  She is working around the clock and pretty exhausted. She did say that she just doesn't know where to start, and will call when she can.  By checking in with alot of parents, we are all able to piece alot of it together.  I will say that I think our kids will never be the same!   

I will let you know when I hear anything concrete.  Thanks for the support :) 

Proud Mom to FS3Kribell-USCGC Hamilton, San Diego
    USCG Aux Member District 14 Divison 1
    DSO-CC/EM/PA; Flotilla FN/SR 

Trusted Member
    jen899193

--
    02 Feb 2010 04:35 PM
    let heather know we are all thinking of them and praying for them.

i can only imagine how the events in haiti will affect those involved with the relieve effort...hopefully it becomes a life learning event that they will be able to carry to the future. both the good and bad.

let us know when you hear something. i will send you an email if i hear anything. occassionally i do. :):)

Jen

Proud Coastguard Mom of

OS3 Church, Brittney R.
    Camslant Chesapeake, VA

~Jen~
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Feb 2010 11:12 AM
    For your viewing pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6mMLEFmdI8

Not only is this offensive, but I have it on EXCELLENT authority that this video is based on actual events. My source, a Marine, has done this himself.

"When you fall on your face, you are still moving forward."

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement