Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Week 5 phone call
Last Post 25 Jul 2009 04:36 PM by HeartMyCoastie. 17 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
HeartMyCoastie

--
24 Jul 2009 10:54 AM
    So Derek had told me that they get a 2 min phone call home to tell us where they are going to be stationed. Now do they only get that one? And what time is it usually at or does it vary?! I know he will prolly call his mother but just in case.

*True love survives any amount of distance and time, I am a Coastie's Girl*

.:*Proud Coastie GF of FN Saunders,Derek*:.

*Yankee-181*June 30th- August 21st
    *New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jul 2009 11:02 AM
    The calls can come anywhere from Thursday early evening to Tuesday night. It depends when the CC's want to let them start calling adn how long it takes them to get through all the calls. On Saturday & Sunday it can be an all day event or the CC's can keep it even shorter & sweeter. They only get the 1 call during week 5, it's very fast, very professional and very informative. Whether he calls you or his mom, just be prepared with pencil & paper because he is going to be telling you his station or ship and city it's in... and it can be very loud if the CC's are yelling or it can be very quiet if everyone is diong what they need to do.

They get calls the following weekend on Saturday and then it's call whoever as often as they like. I have heard some wives/girls getting calls for a few hours....... So it depends how much your guy likes to talk! :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    24 Jul 2009 01:20 PM
    Sweet thank you !!! That's a big help. So technically week 6 they can make calls? Now what if the person he calls doesn't answer? Do they leave a voice mail? Or call someone else?! Haha as u can see I'm hoping to get that call but I shouldn't be so selfish. I'm just anxious to hear his voice.

*New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jul 2009 01:53 PM
    Nope he can leave a voice mail, call back in a little while, call 6 other people, then call you back. When he has on base liberty the only thing that limits his calls are the lines at the pay phones. You should be able to speak to him with no worries on week 6 and then again for off base liberty on week 7! :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    24 Jul 2009 02:23 PM
    I know I'm annoying sorry lol. But why about when he calls about his assignment and someone doesn't answer?! That's what's making me nervous just in case his mom doesn't recognize the numba or has no service. I have bad paranoia if u cant tell hahaha

*New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jul 2009 02:39 PM
    They are allowed to try calling back. They might even be allowd to call another number... but they do get the chance to actually speak to someone. However, when they call back is at the discretion of the CC. So if he calls at 4pm Friday, the earliest the CC may give him another shot is 7pm Sunday. You get the general idea... but he does get to try again to actually speak to someone. Call his mom, let her know anything with a 609 area code... ANSWER!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    24 Jul 2009 02:57 PM
    Ugh! Thank you. You are the biggest help eva!!

*New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jul 2009 03:10 PM
    It sucks waiting for that phone call... all on edge, is he gonna call me, is he gonna call her, what if there is no answer, what if I'm taking laundry out the dryer and I just don't hear the phone... the possibilities to make yourself crazy are never ending. But don't worry... he'll get to talk to someone. :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Alexandria925

--
    24 Jul 2009 04:06 PM
    I just wanted to let you know that he is going to call you either by Miss or Mrs, and then your last name...I just didn't want it to come as a shock if he had to talk like that...the CC's are in the room with them, so just hang in there and you'll be able to have a long conversation the next weekend!! Oh, and another thing to keep in mind is that their voices may sound a bit off because they have been yelling so much ...I didn't know why Steve sounded so different until he told me later on that was why haha...I'm very excited for you! My phone call was on the Saturday of week 5 going into week 6 at around 12:30...it was 2 minutes and 24 seconds long

I love you Stephen :-)
    Tango-181

I love you Stephen :-)
    Tango-181
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mis3gal

--
    24 Jul 2009 05:13 PM
    Alexandria, thanks for the heads up on that. If one of ds younger siblings answers the phone I could see them getting into an arguement with him thinking he's trying to be funny with the voice and title. I'm going to tell them what you said.
    Mom to a FN on a cutter in the Atlantic.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MSTWNAB

--
    24 Jul 2009 06:13 PM
    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but when we got to call we got 10 minutes. Also, we got to use the payphones on the main deck to make our calls so we could talk "normal" while we were on the phones. It was great. But everyone company is different so you never know for sure what is going to happen. hang in there and next week you can talk as long as you want.
    USCG SN
    = FY11
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Jul 2009 06:37 PM
    My son spoke for 2 minutes 37 seconds. He wasn't being told to hang up but he said there were a LOT of people behind him waiting and wanting to call home. So he just told me to keep it fair and give everyone time, he hung up. :)

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    24 Jul 2009 08:12 PM
    awwww thanks guys!! he isnt a big talker so it will prolly be a hi how are you? ok bye lol. I cant WAIT!!! man oh man its going by so quickly im loving it.

*New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    snickers2222

--
    24 Jul 2009 08:21 PM
    HeartMyCoastie said...
    awwww thanks guys!! he isnt a big talker so it will prolly be a hi how are you? ok bye lol. I cant WAIT!!! man oh man its going by so quickly im loving it.
    HeartMyCoastie-

Like Macie said- watch for the 609 area code. My husband got a liberty phone call last weekend and the area code that popped up was 609. I tend to no answer numbers I don't recognize so I was happy that I knew the area code in advance.

Good luck! Let us know where you're going!

-Snickers2222

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    24 Jul 2009 08:24 PM
    Ya I checked at work yesterday to see what the area code was hahaha.Then again I changed my number and also sent it to him in a letter. Hopefully he can stick it in his locker because i wrote it on a stickie, or hoping he is smart enough to put it in his black book. Does anyone know of someone who is stationed in Boston? or anywhere in the cape?

*New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    texascgmom

--
    24 Jul 2009 08:53 PM
    When my son called it came up "unknown" on the cell phone without a number. So if you get an "unknown" call, answer it, too.

Tina
    Proud Mom of SN Lueders
    "Guardian of the Great Lakes"
    Sta. Fairport, Ohio

"MoM" to S.R. Coover, A.D.  - Yankee-181

Proud Mom to SN Lueders - "Mom" to FN Coover - Soon to be AET's
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    25 Jul 2009 01:54 AM
    My son is in Boston, on the cutter Seneca. Not that he has seen much of it since he has been in drydock for next to forever! LOL Hopefully they'll get to leave there eventually! HAHAHA

Whatcha wanna know???? We had orders to the Cape in 1991, about a week before the movers were supposed to pack our stuff we got our orders to OCS. That stopped the move to the Cape and he went to Yorktown instead. I went to NJ... oh lucky me! I should have stayed in Kodiak. LOL Bless my parents hearts!

Proud mom of
    SN Robertson, Colin
    USCGC Seneca

Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    25 Jul 2009 04:36 PM
    What exactly do they do in Boston? lol I dont know ANYTHING! he wants to do law enforcement... its would be nice if he gets stationed at home. I need to start reading up on stuff ive been slacking.

*New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement