Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Reverted- questions
Last Post 28 Aug 2017 07:18 PM by Old Guard2. 49 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Gears

--
23 Aug 2011 08:45 PM
They mean they expect you to meet the PT requirements as per the Boat Crew Seamanship Manual. You will be tested.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
annafaris24

--
24 Aug 2011 12:16 PM
I too just got a call last nite, My daughter Kaitlyn was in November company and was reverted or rephased into Oscar she also developed very bad shin splints in both legs and a sprained ankle and the swelling in her knees just wont go down.  I was able to speak with a CC and also the chaplan since she was in the hospital.  The main goal is to get them strong.  If she pushes it too much she will end up with more damage.  My daughter wanted to be with her company so bad that she contemplated telling them she was fine.  I dont know what she decided.  I told her if she is held back she can be a support system for her new company on what to expect. 
I am Daphne

--
01 Oct 2014 06:15 PM
My daughter called yesterday and said she was rephrased she hurt her leg and was in medical but she wants to come home cause they told her she would have to be on the East coast we live in Washington St. she is in week 4 passed her PT the first week with flying colors how do I talk her off the ledge she is young but strong she has always wanted to be a Coastie I tried calling the Chaplin and seeing if someone could talk to her she hasn't even put in her dream sheet so how could they say it was only the East coast? I don't want her to do something she will regret HELP!!
Trusted Member
Gears

--
01 Oct 2014 08:52 PM
Who told her that? It sounds like someone is feeding her some dubious info.
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
I am Daphne

--
01 Oct 2014 10:05 PM
So can I write to her old company will she get it?
Trusted Member
Gears

--
02 Oct 2014 05:25 AM
You should send it to her new company, but only east coast billets available? I seriously doubt that.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
02 Oct 2014 06:13 AM
Maybe she just has to stay in Cape May until she is fully healed. Not meaning she has to stay there forever. Out of curiosity, what would she have done if she completed boot without the injury and was assigned to Charleston, SC? Would she just say no thank you and leave? I'm sure the injury has her not thinking clearly, that is understandable. But she has to know the possibility of staying on the east coast might have happened. Just keep sending her positive letters, encouraging as can be, making sure she knows this injury is only a temporary set back and all will be good, probably sooner rather than later.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Hiller

--
21 Apr 2015 08:00 AM
I'm a mom and my heart is truly breaking, I never thought it could hurt so bad I actually feel constriction in my chest. My son has planned his life for the past two years that he would go into the USCG. He has stayed away from all alcohol, drugs and inappropriate friends etc. We are a military family. My son had asthma as a small boy. He is now clean and had to jump through hoops to prove it. Well, he got into boot camp ready to do whatever it takes to make it. He said that he is fine with the academics and fitness. He has a great attitude and helps others to also keep up a good attitude. He has been ramped a few times and reverted 3 times for 1 week each, mostly for protcol mistakes, yes those details. He said that he wants to go to Alaska so bad that he would stay in boot camp for 6 months if that's what it takes! Yesterday we got a call from him where he said that he was pulled out of his company and put into Regimental Holding Element. He is writing a letter stating his case and will go before a board tomorrow. I know it's not good but I'm just trying to understand what and why this is happening. He is not in the dismissal phase yet. Are there 3 reversions and your out? Could there be something else going on? Please someone, help me to understand. Any ideas what he should put in his letter to help him stay in and graduate?
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
21 Apr 2015 09:10 AM
Oh Hiller, that's a miserable spot to be in. I believe the rule is 3 reversions and done. But don't quote me and just about any rule can be bent or broken. I don't know what he can put in the letter not knowing what and why he is in RHE. If they are willing to let him write a letter, that's a positive sign. But it sounds like it might be just a formality as well. There isn't much you can do except pray and be ready to pick up the pieces. Hopefully there won't be any to pick up... but, prepare yourself just in case. It sounds like it might be a failure to adapt, it happens to even some of the best boot camp graduates, they get into the fleet and realize holy cow, this isn't what I bargained for. Please let him know we are all pulling for him... and you. Let us know how things go. I'm truly sorry you are hurting so much, my son was reverted twice and I know both times that phone rang and it was Cape May, my heart HURT. I can understand where you are right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you both for continued strength.
Sector NY, Staten Island
lunatuna

--
24 Jun 2016 04:10 PM
I got a call from my son today saying he got revert back 2 weeks. The call was a very bad connection he tried 3 times but it would keep dropping. I couldn't hear what he was saying because he was talking softly there were people in the background yelling so loud I couldn't hear my son. He was trying to tell me his new company. I know that he got reverted back to July 29th. He was in the color guard. The last letter I got was that he was doing good and that he was actually enjoying himself. What could have happened to revert him back and how do I find out where to send his mail?
Basic Member
Basic Member
TheLonelyOS

--
24 Jun 2016 05:01 PM
It could be for numerous reasons. It might be he wasn't learning quick enough or not responding fast enough. It could be for something as small as having a messy bed or his uniform could've been dirty.
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
25 Jun 2016 06:11 AM
He could have fallen asleep in class. Like Lonely says, there are10 more reasons than there are recruits in each company. As to the new company... It's graduation is now July 29th. He is Alfa-193 & James Hall. So you can write and the letters won't be delayed.

This is a big deal right now. But overall this is simply a bump in the road. He will graduate and be a better Coastie. Don't let that part bigger you. Just be supportive and encouraging without asking too many questions. On July 29th you'll get all the answers.
Sector NY, Staten Island
rchelius

--
15 Aug 2017 02:19 AM
Hi, Coasties. First writer, here.
My son was reverted today for failing to make his push-ups requirement. I know many of you know how I feel. He thought he was prepared going into boot camp but learned that he had been doing the push ups incorrectly. He's been doing incentive training, but obviously hasn't met the requirements yet. My question is...to prepare for the worse, what are his options if he doesn't make the cut if there is a second and third reversion? Thanks, Ruthanne
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
15 Aug 2017 05:56 AM
He will learn. They will teach him. Once he finishes, and he will, Cape May will be so far behind him, he'll never see it. He can get reverted again, it happens. But it isn't the end of the world. He will just have to try harder. Anyone can do boot camp in 8 weeks. It is the special ones that do it in 9, 10, 12 weeks. They did not send him there and spend money on him, to see him fail. The CC's are the hardest group of people he'll probably ever meet in his CG career. But they are there to support and have them become the best shipmates possible. Remember these CC's could be serving alongside him one day. They want them ready to serve.
Sector NY, Staten Island
rchelius

--
16 Aug 2017 10:48 PM
Thanks, Old Guard.  Let's hope you are right!  I will certainly let you know.  In the meantime, thanks for making the wait go a little easier...
rchelius

--
20 Aug 2017 06:55 PM
So, he's been reverted a week a second time for push ups.  Though he writes that he won't quit, he's sounding like he's given up and is just waiting for them to tell him to go home.  I'm at a loss as to what to tell him...suggestions would be appreciated!

Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
21 Aug 2017 06:05 AM
Just keep writing, be positive, be supportive, encouraging. They'll keep working with him. There isn't much you can say other than he is strong and will be ok.
Sector NY, Staten Island
rchelius

--
21 Aug 2017 09:58 PM
Okay.  I can do that!  Thanks.
rchelius

--
26 Aug 2017 09:30 AM
Old Coastie....So, my SR is no longer an SR - failed pushups again and is discharged.  They are holding him for some sort of injury (he called his girlfriend, so information is limited).  He told her that it's not a dishonorable discharge and would come off of his record in 6 months.  His plans are to either go to college or try the Coast Guard again.  So I can advise him, what are the chances he'll be able to get into the Coast Guard again in 6 months?  Thanks for your support.  We all all understandably saddened and disappointed.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
28 Aug 2017 07:18 PM
I am so sorry. Maybe there is something else he is meant to do. If not, yes he can apply again in 6 months. It is ok to be disappointed but help him use this setback to come back and be even better, even stronger, with perfect form.
Sector NY, Staten Island
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement