Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
A Prayer for Your SR
Last Post 01 Aug 2009 08:32 PM by lollipop. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Trusted Member
captkyguy

--
25 Jul 2009 02:05 AM
    Father, in the coming days I will need You, but my SR will need You more.

Let him/her perform his/her tasks with a sense of duty, not of anger or vengeance.

Let his/her reflexes be quick and his/her hands steady.
    Let his/her head be clear and his/her eyes sharp.
    Let his/her mind and body be strong and his/her spirit stronger.

Christ, please stand by my SR and watch his/her back when he/she cannot.

Father, I love this SR of mine! Take from ME,
    what he/she needs and give me what he/she does not.

I will pace the nights, if it means he/she gets sleep.
    I will deal with fatigue, if it means he/she will have energy.
    I will carry his/her fear, if it means it gives him/her courage.
    I will take his/her pain, if it means he/she is healthy and whole.
    I will take his/her anger, if it means he/she is at peace.

Take from me my love and pride and let him/her feel it! Let him/her know that I am with him/her every step of the way.

Please take from me what You can, I give it willingly and with love. It is all that I have besides my prayers.

Above all, please help my SR achieve his/her goal of becoming a United States Guardian. This I ask on bended knee, that which I cannot do without You.

Amen.

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Hopeful

--
    25 Jul 2009 01:02 PM
    Capt., Thak you for that beautiful prayer! While my son is now an SN, I feel that it still applies! Being in a new place , experiencing new things, and working towards getting qualified- it still fits. I will use it for him daily. Thank you. I am sure other parents/ loved ones will feel the same way. God bless!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    louisianamom

--
    25 Jul 2009 01:37 PM
    That is beautiful....

God Bless you for sharing it with all of us...
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    mis3gal

--
    25 Jul 2009 01:50 PM
    Thank you!
    Mom to a FN on a cutter in the Atlantic.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    HeartMyCoastie

--
    25 Jul 2009 05:23 PM
    Thank you, that is truly amazing! :)

.:*Proud Coastie GF of SR Saunders,Derek*:.
    *Yankee-181*
    ~You Are My Life Now~

.:*Proud Coastie GF of FN Saunders,Derek*:.

*Yankee-181*June 30th- August 21st
    *New Haven,CT* Current
    ~You Are My Life Now~
    KYCGMOM

--
    25 Jul 2009 09:02 PM
    Captkyguy,

Thanks for sharing that beautiful prayer!

KYCGMOM
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ProudMaee

--
    25 Jul 2009 10:41 PM
    Beautiful

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    pakzone08

--
    26 Jul 2009 03:36 AM
    Capt thank you for the prayer. With my son now progressing to become a rescue swimmer I will now say this prayer every day. Thank You.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    PennieAnnie

--
    26 Jul 2009 10:44 PM
    echoing everyone elses reply it is a beautiful prayer.....and applies whether in basic or the real world! THANK YOU for sharing it Kyle!!!!
    God Bless!

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA

Wendy
    Coastie Mom to
    SN Travis Savidge
    USCGC Bear, Portsmouth, VA
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    27 Jul 2009 01:03 AM
    Y'all are much too kind...blush

I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    lgt

--
    28 Jul 2009 03:03 PM
    Woke up in the middle of the night thinking of this prayer! Thank you!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    lollipop

--
    01 Aug 2009 08:32 PM
    What a beautiful prayer. It would be so easy to personalize!
    Thanks for sharing!

Laura -
    Proud Coastie Mom of
    soon-to-be SR Cable

Proud mom of SN Daniel Cable - ALFA 183 
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement