Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
How do I become a Recruiter?
Last Post 27 Dec 2014 02:53 PM by thestormiscoming. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cecilomar

--
07 Sep 2009 04:51 AM
    Hello!

I will be shipped to boot camp very soon. I have been talking to my friends and family about it since I started searching, reading, and visiting my recruiter. I have some friends that are interested in joining the USCG too... they are waiting for me to get through BOOT Camp lol and the NON RATE suffering before themselves.

Well... I really like to talk and educate people about the Coast Guard and their job, benefits, core values, etc.

I asked once and they told me that I would have to be an E-5 and that I will know how to become a recruiter when that time arrives...

I am not planning to become a recruiter soon... I am not even a coastie yet... I just want to know how is the process.

need money to pay my bills before joining the coast guard. full webpages starting at $300!

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    08 Sep 2009 04:00 AM
    Once you are en E-5, you put in a package (request) to go into recruiting duty. They generally solicit for volunteers once or twice per year. There is some paperwork to be done, and an interview process. If you get through that part, you then have to be released from your rating by your assignment officer. If you get through that, you get orders to a recruiting office. That's it in a nutshell.

I don't recommend this job for someone with less than 10 years in though. The reason for that is that because you are removed from your rating, you would have a hard time learning everything you need to learn in order to advance in your rating. If you do it too early in your career, you could miss out on valuable learning that could slow down your advancement (promotion) process.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    cecilomar

--
    08 Sep 2009 11:09 AM
    Thank you very much and I agree, 10 years looks like a reasonable time for a recruiter. Are there additional benefits? Bonuses or something like that? Just to know.

need money to pay my bills before joining the coast guard. full webpages starting at $300!

Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Bored of Desk Jobs

--
    25 Sep 2009 09:17 PM
    a. SDAP will be paid monthly according to this scale:
    SD-1…………….…………$ 75
    SD-2………………………..$150
    SD-3…………..……………$225
    SD-4……………..…………$300
    SD-5………….…………….$375
    *SD-6…..…………………..$450
    *Note: SD-6 was established by the FY96 Defense Authorization Act, P.L. 104-106 for recruiters only.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    26 Sep 2009 03:53 AM
    SDAP = Special Duty Assignment Pay

It is used as incentive pay to get people into jobs that have a hard time staying fully staffed.

R/

PO1 Kevin Couture

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    cecilomar

--
    27 Dec 2014 10:04 AM
    I was just browsing around my old posts and found this... I've been in for a while now, and I still want to become a recruiter at some point... Thank you guys!
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    27 Dec 2014 12:57 PM
    This will give you an idea of what you'll need to be familiar with when you apply. http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/Trai...School.asp
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    Trusted Member / Recruiter
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    thestormiscoming

--
    27 Dec 2014 02:53 PM
    http://www.uscg.mil/epm/docs/RecruitingInfo.pdf

http://www.uscg.mil/epm/ao/SpecialA...nments.asp

Check for the solicitation in the spring each year. Do your homework before you apply. Once you've screened successfully and have been released from your rating you either accept your orders, RILO or SILO. You won't see the shopping list until you've been released from rating. 

Interviews are conducted at the RO nearest your unit with the RIC and an officer from CGRC.  Last year there were about 90 open billets but there were several hundred applicants.  The year before that there were a couple hundred again but only 60 billets.  It can be tough getting selected but you can really help improve your chances with your interview and ensure you're advancing or at least taking SWEs.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement